The Journal and The Butterflies

Of Journal and Butterflies...

Please play this song while reading this fanfic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6ytdHuOccA

 

Nikki's POV

 

I don't know why am I in this place again.

Holding his journal.

Remembering the past.

Maybe because the memories keeps haunting me.

I never thought even once in my life that I'll write my own story.

My own story that ended in a tragic way.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*FLASHBACK*

My name is Nikki. 

Park Nikki.

I work as a writer for a magazine column.

I have a bestfriend named Aeleen.

Kim Aeleen.

She's my bestfriend since we're highschool freshmen.

Now, we work for the same magazine.

But of course, just different columns.

We share almost everything in life.

We both have an obsession for music, food, animes and many more.

We have a beautiful friendship until two guys came into our lives.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One day, Aeleen and I went to an Anime Convention.

There were these two guys who keeps on staring at us like were some anime cosplayers.

They keep on whispering on each other.

I was so pissed because I don't like being stared at but I think Aeleen loves it.

 

"Nikki-ah! Do you see those two cuties there?" Aeleen asked me with her cheeks blushing bigtime.

"Ne. And they're so annoying! Do we look like some mascots here for them to stare like that? They stare like they're going to eat us alive." I sarcastically said to Aeleen.

Soon, the two guys walked towards our direction.

"Annyeonghaseyo! Chonun-Lee Sungmin-imnida. This is my bestfriend Lee Donghae." the guy with a pink shirt and denim shorts said.

"Annyeonghaseyo! Kim Aeleen-imnida. This is my bestfriend Park Nikki." my bestfriend said while giving a bow to these two bastards in front of us.

I just rolled my eyes at them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FEW WEEKS AFTER THAT MEETING...

I just knew that Aeleen and Sungmin were already dating.

Donghae and I remained close friends.

Donghae had a crush on Aeleen but he treats Sungmin as his brother so he just let his bestfriend have his dream girl.

I didn't know that from being a snob, a guy would fell in love with me but yet I didn't even know about that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MONTHS HAVE PASSED...

Aeleen and I didn't talked too much.

I understand that because we're both busy at writing our stories for our own columns.

Until one day, I noticed her eyes are a little bit swollen, knowing that she cried the whole night.

I walked down to her desk and tap her shoulder.

"Aeleen-ah, gwenchana?" I asked her worrieldy but she didn't answer, instead she gave me one of those sweet smiles of her telling me that she's just fine then waved her hand at me meaning I don't have anything to worry about.

I can't stand seeing Aeleen like this.

I have to do something.

So I called someone.

Yep. It's Lee Donghae.

"Donghae-ssi, I noticed that Aeleen have been going to work with swollen eyes these past few days.

I think she and Sungmin-ssi had a fight.

It's your turn.

This is your chance to prove your love to her." I said to him through phone.

"But I don't want to hurt Sungmin." he said.

"You don't want to hurt Sungmin but you can stand seeing Aeleen like this? Oh come on, Donghae. Don't be a coward." I answered.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After that conversation, Donghae immediately went to Aeleen's house and he asked her problems.

And it's all about her break-up with Sungmin.

Donghae didn't beg for any explanations.

He just comforted her throughout the night.

The next thing I know, Aeleen goes to work with a smile on her face again.

I came up to her workplace again.

"Aeleen-ah! Looks like you're in a good mood now!" I said to her.

"Ne. Nikki-ah! Donghae and I are now dating!!!" she said while blushing and with a spark in her eyes.

"Jinjja?" I'm so happy for you Aeleen-ah!!" I said while giving her a hug.

I love it when I see my bestfriend happy.

Of course, I'm also happy for Donghae because now he owns his dream girl.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FEW WEEKS HAD PASSED...

Someone knocked on my door.

It was already past midnight.

I rubbed my eyes and went to open the front door.

As I opened it, I saw a figure of a man.

A man soaked in water.

It's raining hard outside so yeah he's drenched in the rain.

As I narrowed my eyes, I figured out who it is.

It's Sungmin.

"HOLY SHISUS!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING LEE SUNGMIN????!!" I yelled as I dragged him inside the house but I was shocked at the sudden action.

He hugged me.

"Nikki-ah. I've been longing to hold you like this. Joahae Nikki-ah. Saranghae Nikki-ah. Please be mine. I need you in my life right now." he whispered in my ear that made me shiver down my spine.

I didn't know why but I felt something different. 

I knew to myself that I feel the same way too towards him.

So, I gave him my sweet yes at that very point.

 

Then, Sungmin and I were officially dating but I know I had to say this to Aeleen.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One day, Aeleen and I went to the park.

"Aeleen-ah, I have something to say to you. I hope you won't mind it." I said to her.

"What is it Nikki-ah?" she asked me while staring at the kids playing at the park.

"S-s-sungmin and I... are... now...d-d-dating." I confessed to her with my eyes closed.

But when I opened my eyes , I saw that Aeleen was stunned.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*AELEEN'S FLASHBACK*

Sungmin and I are watching a movie at my apartment suddenly he said...

"Hon, this isn't working... You know that from the start, Nikki is the one I love."

I didn't know why but suddenly I burst out in tears and laughters at the same time, looking like a crazy woman.

"WHAAAAAAAAAAAT???? FOR CRYING OUT LOUD MINNIE!!!! YOU STILL HAVEN'T LEARNED HOW TO LOVE ME? I'VE DONE EVERYTHING! EVEN GIVING UP MY ITY JUST FOR YOU AND NOW YOU'RE TELLING ME THAT THIS ISN'T WORKING???" I yelled proudly at him while trying to laugh but soon got myself into tears.

Sungmin just left me.

He didn't want to argue with me anymore so he just left me dumbfounded.

*END OF AELEEN'S FLASHBACK*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Aeleen-ah, gwenchana?" I said to her.

I think she's spacing out.

"Gwenchana. Congratulations. I'm happy for you." as she said that, she stood up from her sit and walked away from me.

I tried to call her but she didn't hear anything.

I tried to run after her but she already got in a cab.

I felt stupid.

Why did I say that?

She's in the midst of moving on.

She's still getting used to Donghae but what did I do?

I've ruined it.

But the other part of me says that it's the right thing to do.

.

I've totally ruined our friendship.

Ottoke?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aeleen went home.

Donghae wanted to surprise her but he's the one who got surprised.

He saw Aeleen sitting down on the floor and her apartment was just like been hit by a tornado.

It's a total mess.

Donghae walked towards her and put his hand over her shoulder.

"My princess, are you okay? What's the problem? You can tell me. You don't have to keep it to yourself." Donghae said to Aeleen.

Aeleen just shrugged her shoulders and turned her face away from Donghae.

"I don't want to see you like that my princess. I'm begging you please tell me what it is." Donghae pleaded her.

Aeleen wiped her tears.

"Arasseo. Arasseo. It's about Sungmin. You didn't let me explain why we broke up. He said that our relationship isn't working anymore. He can't love me. Hae, I gave him everything. He's the one whom I gave my ity to. I did everything for him to love me back. But when I didn't let him go, he just hurted me. He slapped my cheek. Kicked me. Punched me and strangle my neck with his bare hands. He left me and he kept dating Nikki. Ne. I knew he's dating her while I'm still his girlfriend. That's why it still hurts, Hae.  He cheated on me and he hurted me physically." Aeleen said while tears running down her cheeks but little she didn't knew Donghae stood up, got something from his pocket and went out of the house.

Aeleen just smirked.

She knows what will gonna happen next.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

AT SUNGMIN'S HOUSE...

Sungmin is having a phone call with me when the door flew open.

He let go of his phone making it landed on his carpeted floor.

Not knowing that I'm still on the other line.

"WHAT THE???" Sungmin said.

"YOU CHEATER!!! YOU HAVEN'T CONTENTED HURTING AELEEN? YOU CHEATED ON HER TOO? HOW COULD YOU? YOU'RE MY BESTFRIEND! I GAVE HER INTO YOUR CARE. BUT LOOK AT WHAT YOU DID. YEAH SHE'S WITH ME BUT SHE'S ON A TRAUMA! A TRAUMA IN YOUR PAST! I CAN'T FORGIVE YOU LEE SUNGMIN! GO TO HELL!" Donghae shouted while pulling the trigger of his gun and gave Sungmin a shot on his heart.

"I... didn't..." that's all Sungmin had said.

Because I was still on the line I knew it was Donghae who shot Sungmin.

I hurriedly walked out of my apartment and took a cab and went to Sungmin's house.

 

I saw Sungmin there.

Bathing in his own blood.

I hurriedly called the hospital and the police.

The next thing I knew, I was already at my house.

Remembering my Sungmin soaked with his own blood.

I cried my heart out.

I can't live without him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AFTER A FEW DAYS...

Sungmin will be carried to his grave.

I was there.

Donghae and Aeleen were there too.

I knew it was Donghae but I don't want to jump into conclusions so I didn't said it to the police.

Sungmin's mom gave me a notebook.

It was filled with Sungmin's composed songs for me.

I smiled as she handed it to me.

When I was about to go home, I didn't know that I misplaced the notebook that Sungmin's mom gave me a while ago.

I looked for it but I didn't found it anymore.

"Sorry Min." I mumbled to myself.

I went sadly walked home.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FEW WEEKS HAD PASSED...

Aeleen and I don't talk anymore.

We're busy with our own lives.

She's busy with Donghae and I'm busy with paperworks.

I just heard from one of our colleagues that Aeleen and DOnghae got married already.

Secretly married.

Until one day, I came to visit Aeleen in her apartment because I missed her so much and I want to congratulate both of them.

I've decided to talk to her.

But when I was about to open the door.

I was shocked at what happened.

The door was slightly open so I just took a peek on it.

And there I saw..

Donghae and Aeleen arguing...

Mianhae, Donghae-ah. Please, don't kill me. Jeongmal mianhae. Please forgive me." Aeleen begging Donghae for her life.

"Why did you do this to me? Kim Aeleen, Saranghae, but this is too much. I need to end up this mess. I killed my own bestfriend just because of you. Remember our vows for each other? 'Till death do us apart." Donghae said as tears fell down to his cheeks then he pulled the trigger of his gun.

After that shot, there was a deafening silence, 'till..

Another shot was heard.

I cupped my mouth trying not to scream as tears flowing down like a river to my cheeks.

I slowly opened the door and walked towards the two bodies lying in front of me.

Donghae and Aeleen soaked in their own blood.

I never thought that it would go this far.

I picked up a familiar thing that's on Donghae's hand.

I cried more as I realized what is it.

It's Sungmin's notebook.

The one that I thought nwas lost.

At the back of the notebook was a journal.

A journal about him.

How he loved his bestfriend, Donghae.

How he tried to loved Aeleen.

And how he love me with all his life.

I sat down on the floor with these two dead bodies in front of me.

My eyes were full of tears. I can't even see clearly because the tears filled my eyes.

My body is shaking.

Then everything started to turn black.

The nex t thing I knew, I was at the hospital.

After I gained consciousness, I hurriedly looked for Donghae and Aeleen.

Hoping that they're still alive.

The police told me that they're both dead and they did some interview to me.

But in the end, they knew that it's Donghae's hand with his gun that shot the both of them.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

Here I am.

Standing in front of 3 tombs.

Giving each tomb a boquet of flowers.

Yes. Donghae and Aeleen were buried next to Sungmin.

I don't know why it had to end like this.

I was the only one left.

My close friend.

My bestfriend.

My boyfriend.

They left me all alone.

I felt something wet on my cheeks.

I cried a tear at the sudden flashback.

As I stood up, I kissed the journal that Sungmin left and put it down on his tomb.

"Yeobo, I miss you. I don't want to keep this. It belongs to you. You will be forever in my heart. I love you. Goodbye." I said while crying at his tomb.

I went to Donghae's.

"Hey! You're such a pabo. Why did you do all these things? You even took your own life. *sigh* I'll miss you my friend." I said while smiling at the same time.

Then, I went to my bestfriend's side.

This time, I cried harder.

"Aeleen-ah... why? why? why? Why did you have to leave me? You know I didn't have any siblings. You know you're the only sister I can turn to in times of difficulties. *sobs*  Aeleen!!! ...... I'll miss you......  I'll surely do....... saranghae....... Please kiss Sungmin and hug Donghae for me. arasseo?" I said between sobs and smiled at the last part of what I said.

As I'm turning my back away from the grave I felt something cold like someone hugged me from the back, and on my shoulder and on my hand.

I closed my eyes and just smiled.

I knew that it was them.

When I opened my eyes, there were these three beautiful butterflies.

A black one.

A white one.

A pink one.

I knew that the pink one is Sungmin.

I chuckled at my sudden thought.

The white one is Aeleen and the black was Donghae.

More tears just fell from my eyes.

I missed them so much.

I just sighed.

I walked away from the grave and walked home with the butterflies still on my shoulders.

I guessed they missed me too.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I'm crying while writing the last part. >.<