A Long Time

Just Because

5 years is a long time. Taeyeon can't help but be afraid. uh- Well, if it's involve this matter, she's never not afraid.

Here she is, infront of the elegant double storey house. A house that fans might have seen in a certain TV show before.

Clammy hands, unsteady stand, constantly forget to breath - yup, Kim Taeyeon is definitely afraid, but mostly nervous, but still.

Is she even home? What would her reaction be? She hates me, isn't she? I mean- none of us even tried to be in contact with her. And she.. us, we did not has it any better than the other - we had it worse in fact.

Drawing in a shaky breath, Kim Taeyeon tried to be ready, but nah.

She did raised her fist up, posing as if she's gonna knock, and maybe she was, until someone opened it from the other side. 

Taeyeon lose control over her body, and freeze. (cool Taeng, you looked hella dumb)

Because, did I tell you she did not freeze in the ohmygod-my-ex-friend-is-infront-of-me-after-so-many-years-this-is-ing-awkward-i'm-not-ready way but rather - GOD-MY-WOMAN-IS-ING-ETHEREAL-AND-SHE'S-NOT-EVEN-MINE kinda way.

And what stunned her more was Jessica's lack of surprise... she did not even look cold or is glaring at her, she- she smiled.

A gulp, a really thick one, and Taeyeon thought she wouldn't mind to be pulvarized now because she's been blessed apparently.

"Took you way to long, Tae " the sweet voice - oh, . The goddamn sweet voice, and wait, did she just called me Tae?

Stepping back a bit, Jessica opened the door a bit wider, her perfect white smile still present.

"Come in, I have hot chocolate " - and maybe this is all to warm and inviting, but Taeyeon didn't really have the brain cells to comprehend that, so into the Ice Princess's castle it is (though, she was always the warmest)

-

She did have hot chocolate... and she's sitting way to close to her.

"So, took you some times, but hey - you made it. I know you've been doing really well, I'm proud of you, Taeyeon ah " - uh.. if Taeyeon were to be honest, why is this so darn welcoming? Is Jessica sick or something?

Staying silent, Taeyeon do nothing but stares, and it's a wonder if Jessica found that creepy or not.

Chuckling, Jessica poked the Kid Leader's cute little nose. It works magic, since she snapped out of her little trance like she just got a jumpscare.

"I uhm- I- Hi- Hi Jess.. Jessica... " A for effort Kim Taeyeon

"Hi Taengoo! Finally you're talking! " the cute - I mean, another cute overgrown baby exclaimed brightly. Since Taeyeon is also a baby.

"......you're okay, right? " Taeyeon can't help but ask, since this is all to weird.

"Of course, the real question is, are you fine? " Jessica retailed, amused.

"I- I am " a little flustered, the Kim answered

Nodding her head in satisfaction, the CEO smiled warmly.

Taeyeon missed that. The smile.

"I know you're feeling weirded out, because - you must have expected me to at least be a little surprised, and then we have some emo sad hours that eventually becomes an angsty drama and - all those things ya know? But, this isn't fanfiction, I'm full of surprises " Jessica vents casually

Taeyeon was lost, and since she was good at that, then why not. What is she talking about?

Jessica peck her - ALL OF THE SUDDEN, LIKE IT WAS SO UNCALLED FOR! - full, and briefly on the lips. 

Yeahhh, she can definitely die happy now.

" I knew you just need some time. Though, 5 years were to long, don't you think? " 

She can feels her face heating up and becoming a tomato literally. I don't think she's so lost anymore.

"I- uh... yeah.. it was definitely to long.. " Taeyeon's good at being a responsible woman to, like admitting her delayed action was taken a bit to late, but not to late.

"You should make up for those 5 years, Taeng " pouting, the second biggest baby out of them two did it so - so cutely. Taeyeon might really die.

"uh.. um.. dinner Saturday night? I'll pick you up at 6..? " she hesitated, or maybe she was just awkward

Smiling again, so perfectly, Jessica nodded, and peck her again, this time, it lingers for a few.

But those seconds still leaves Taeyeon in daze. God, you can take me now, I'm happy with my life, no regrets.

"You know, I love you, Kim Taeyeon. I've been so patient, and I was never patient to begin with. "

Smiling, finally, Taeyeon said -

"I know, I love you too, Sooyeon ah. Sorry I took to long to overcome my fear "

"You're silly, I don't bite you know.. "

Yup. Kim Taeyeon feared for no reason. But Jessica Jung Sooyeon don't mind.