fin.

you started this game first
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark wouldn’t describe himself as the type to sulk.

 

Anybody could tell that was exactly what he did as he sat in the middle of the living room, though, with his arms were crossed against his chest. There was a pout on his lips, too, but he’d deny that when asked. He wasn’t paying attention to whatever show was on the television, nor did he pay attention to the way Chenle and Jisung were bickering in the kitchen, and he was too lost in thought to hear the way the dorm door opened and closed.

 

In the first place, he wasn’t even supposed to be in Dream dormitory, but he had his reasons.

 

“Mark, you’re here!”

 

One of those reasons was a certain pink haired boy; Jaemin greeted the older boy immediately upon his return, his wide smile plastered on his face as he sat next to the other on the couch. Following behind him were the rest of the members who had just finished filming another 00 Line video, minus Donghyuck who went back to the 127 dorm—where Mark was technically supposed to be. He couldn’t help it, though. So he wanted to drop by and see his boyfriend, what was wrong with that? It was hard to stay away from someone so sweet, after all.

 

“But wait, why are you here?” Jaemin asked, confusion clear on his features, before another smile broke out. “Not that I’m not happy, of course.”

 

“Just wanted to see you,” the black haired boy replied, which wasn’t exactly a lie. While Jaemin was one of his reasons for visiting, he did have another thing that plagued his mind. As if on cue, another face popped up from behind where he sat, and when Mark looked back he was met with smiling eyes. Even if the rest of his face had a black face mask covering it, it was clear from Jeno’s eyes alone that he had a bright smile on his face. Sure enough, when he pulled the mask down, it revealed exactly that.

 

“Didn’t you miss the rest of us?” Jeno teased. “I’m hurt, Mark.”

 

Without missing a beat, Jaemin replied, “don’t be jealous, Jeno, I’m special.”

 

“Whatever you say,” the brunette said with a laugh, before patting Mark’s shoulder as he pulled back and presumably went to his room. Following after him was Renjun, who chatted with Mark for a bit before leaving the couple alone to avoid being the third wheel. For a split second, Mark almost thought he was off the hook, but when he glanced at the boy beside him the smirk on Jaemin’s face said otherwise. The smirk also grew wider by the second.

 

“So,” Jaemin started to say, eyes shining as he stared. “I kept getting texts from Jisung that somebody was here sulking. Was this about what I said?”

 

“What do you mean?” Mark tried to say seriously, but the giggle that left the other boy’s lips made him too flustered that it came out nervously instead. Jaemin was pretty much an expert at leaving him speechless, in more ways than one, so he should have expected things to go as they were. He gave up quickly, a loud sigh leaving his lips instead, “alright, you got me.”

 

Surprisingly, Jaemin didn’t comment further, choosing instead to rise up from his comfy position of leaning on Mark’s shoulder. He extended his hand towards the older boy and smiled when Mark took it, intertwining their fingers before pulling him up. It had always been easy getting Mark to agree to what he wanted, after all, to the point that Jaemin didn’t even have to ask sometimes. That was further proven by the way Jaemin silently dragged Mark along without the older boy so much as asking why.

 

That was, until they stopped in front of Jeno’s room.

 

“Jaem?” Mark asked, suddenly alarmed as the other boy knocked. “Look, it really isn’t an issue, I don’t want to cause trouble.”

 

“I know it’s not an issue,” Jaemin replied sweetly just as he opened the door after Jeno gave them permission to enter. The brunette looked mildly surprised at the intrusion, but happy overall as he gave the two a smile from where he was lazily resting on his bed, seated against a pillow. “And I’m also sure it won’t cause trouble. Jeno, Mark has something to say.”

 

Mark really didn’t have anything to say.

 

At least, nothing he wanted to say out loud.

 

His thoughts drifted back to the reason why all this was happening to begin with. It wasn’t much, really. Not at first. Just him and Jaemin, talking about random things and then the topic took a turn for the inevitable. It was no secret that Jaemin and Jeno used to date; Mark knew that, and he had actually asked Jeno and a few of the older members if it was okay if he could date Jaemin, so that wasn’t the problem. It had never been a problem, until the topic became about kissing, and well—

 

“Jaemin said you’re a better kisser than me,” the older boy blurted out, surprising even himself.

 

There was a momentary look of surprise that crossed Jeno’s face, before the boy glanced at Jaemin, silently asking if this was really an okay topic to be discussing with Jaemin’s boyfriend, of all people. That, and also clearly wondering how and why the topic was discussed between them at all, along with a look of disbelief because Jeno back then surely couldn’t compare to Mark right now, to which he only received a secretive smile back.

 

He knew Jaemin well enough to know when the other boy was planning something underneath all his sweet smiles and could tell this had to be one of them.

 

Poor Mark, though, who was clearly oblivious to the whole thing.

 

“Really?” Jeno replied after he caught on. “I’m surprised and flattered, Nana.”

 

“Mark is having a hard time believing it,” the pink haired boy said with a giggle, taking a seat on Jeno’s computer chair and easily occupying the only chair in the room, which left Mark with nowhere else to sit but by the end of Jeno’s bed instead. The older boy sighed in agreement, the sulky pout he had from earlier making its way back on his face, as he once again contemplated on what he heard.

 

The black haired boy huffed in frustration, which made Jeno chuckle despite himself. Even before he dated Jaemin, th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter