Last Time

Last Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryeowook walked through the familiar corridors until he reached the elevator. He pressed the number eight, watching it illuminate for the last time; the door slowly opens to the eighth floor and he smile at the nurse on duty. It was painful when he could see the pitied glance she gave him for the last time.

Walking on this corridor was never a happy one… this place holds so many painful memories for Ryeowook but it also hold the best ones. He keep his gaze forward and his heart brave as he tap lightly on the door, waiting to hear Kyuhyun’s voice to invite him in for the very last time. “Come in.” It’s just hard to believe that his voice is still full of hope, still as cheerful as ever. He’s on his bed, lying on his back. He looks weak, but when his eyes meet Ryeowook’s, he smile, lifting the blanket and inviting him to join him, Ryeowook climb beside him, wrap his arm over his chest and lock their legs together, carefully burying his face into Kyuhyun’s obviously thin neck, he searched for his warmth that’s always been there, but tonight, he couldn’t find it.

Kyuhyun adjusted himself, pulling Ryeowook closer to him and he notice how his breathing increase with each small movement he makes. Ryeowook tried to keep his smile plastered on his face, trying to make as if he didn’t notice his discomfort, he know that’s what Kyuhyun wants, but it’s hard when he’s clearly aware if his increased weakness, his slightly paler skin and the failing in his voice. Ryeowook was given an allotted time he could spend with Kyuhyun in this four walled room, and every single time he can see that Kyuhyun’s slipping further away from him and what hurts is that he can’t do anything about it. He can just watch it happen. They’ve known for months of Kyuhyun’s condition that it would end this way. They all prayed for miracle… but they knew that miracles don’t happen, at least not the kind they’re hoping for.

Kyuhyun is playing a strand of Ryeowook’s hair and when he scoots closer, his eyes close in time when he felt Kyuhyun’s lips on his forehead, and his lips are cold. Ryeowook promised himself that he wouldn’t cry, yet he know that it’s impossible, crying is inevitable but he wants to do his best to not let it fall, not when Kyuhyun could see it. “I’m so sad,” Kyuhyun whispers, there was so much life in him that sadness was never a word to slip from his lips. Ryeowook hated seeing him sad, but at this moment he needs Kyuhyun to be sad with him. Ryeowook nodded, it’s hard to speak, he know that his voice would crack and he’ll end up crying, despite Kyuhyun’s condition, for the last few weeks of Ryeowook’s visit it was filled with laughter and conversation and he doesn’t want this visit to be any different. No, he wants this to be a happy one… happier if you must. But knowing it’s their last, makes it impossible to even smile. Ryeowook just want to cry and cling to Kyuhyun, and never let go, scream how everything is unfair for them, but that would only ruin the memory. It will become a pained one and Ryeowook don’t want that.

Kyuhyun and Ryeowook met when they were teens, Kyuhyun moved to Ryeowook’s province with his family for business, it was difficult at first, different environment, people and school. Kyuhyun thought his life would be ruined but thanks to Ryeowook, the guy living across the street, who visited him every single day, befriending him and introducing him to everyone as his best friend from Seoul, they never met before, but Ryeowook made it easy for him to adapt, three months after they moved, Ryeowook and Kyuhyun got into a relationship, it was love that quickly bloom over summer days. It was magical. They shared everything together, secrets, interests and dreams. They started building their dreams in accordance with the other, they hoped to tangle their lives together as much as they could.

Two years after they began dating, Kyuhyun was diagnosed with leukemia… an aggressive one. His condition worsen despite all the days and nights he’s spent in the hospital, until the day comes when it’s like the doctors themselves gave up on him. The doctors said they couldn’t do anything with his condition, everyone were devastated but Kyuhyun, he was as laid back as he has always

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter