Chapter 1

YOU

Chorong POV

“Basil..you grow a lot these day. Here is your new friend, it's called Lemon" I put a Lemon plant beside a Basil. I love growing a plant lately, it's my stress reliever. Bomi always making fun of me everytime I talked to them. I take a look at them once before leaving to Bomi's room.


“HAHAHAHAHAA" I can hear Bomi's laughter outside, it stopped me from knocking her door. 


“Yes Unnie, let's do it again tonight. Ten at night will do”


“Yes Unnie...” 


who is she talking to? It can't be a member, cause she called that girl Unnie" I thought to myself

“Bbom-ah" I knocked her door


“Wait Unnie" I heard rustling sound inside her room.


Bomi open the door but she's standing behind the door, opening it just slightly.


I facepalm at her “You don't wear anything?” she just grin.


“How many times do I have to tell you to wear your clothes as soon as you finished showering?”


“I'm too lazy Unnie"


I rolled my eyes, “You always are"


“Anyway, do you have an  appointment today?”


“Kind of..”She answered while still standing behind the door, barely seen.


 I look at her “Bbom-ah, wear your clothes first. It's uncomfortable to talk with you in this state" 


She smile sheepishly, “It's just you Unnie. I'm fine with it. Maybe you’re just get distract by my exposed skin" 


“Whatever" I said while walking to the sofa, “I'll wait for you"


She closed the door. I’m turning on the TV, choosing any interesting program these day. I keep switching the channel, nothing interesting today. 


What taking her so long?”


I decided to lay on sofa, lurking on my SNS. Done scrolling my SNS, I open Youtube. Bomi's channel is in my Youtube home, she always asked me to monitoring her Youtube content. I can't say no to her anyway.


My eyes land on her VLOG video to Thailand, I've watched that video. To be honest, I hate that video the most. She travelled with Haru to Thailand, for almost a week. Just two of them. We were planning to go on holiday to Jeju before Haru crushed it all.

 

Flashback


“Unnie, this place look nice. We haven't go there last time” Bomi said excitedly while showing me her phone.


“I got it Bbom-ah.  I know you're excited about our holiday this time. But doesn't  one week is too much? We only go to Jeju for God Sake. It's still in Korea, Bomi" I said the matter of fact. 


“Do you want some?” I raise my cup at her. Literally forcing her to have some. Bomi and I are sitting in the minibar in the kitchen, enjoying our lazy afternoon.


She drink it deliciously, “What is that Unnie?” She asked as she her lips


“Is it delicious?” I asked anticipating


She nodded, “Can I have all of it?” 


I purposely drink the remaining cup of it, teasing her.
I grinned at her face “It's Strawberry Latte"


“You're unbelievably annoying, Unnie. That's my character” She said while shaking her head.


“I'll make you one later" I said while looking at her who is once again immersed with her phone beside me.


“Nah..you don't have to"


“Eeey...don't be mad. I was just teasing you. I'll  make you one right now if you want Bbom-ah” I said as I standing up but Bomi hold my wrist wants me to stay still.


She release her hold once I sit “That's not the case, Unnie. Look, I'm talking with you about our plan but you seem not really excited about it." She turn the chair so she is facing me.


I do the same and looking at her eyes that filled with disappointment, "No...of course not Bbom-ah. I AM EXCITED, of course. What are you talking about? It's not that I have to jumping around to show you how excited I am to go with you, right?" 


I see her eyes lit up again. I snatch her phone away.
"So, this is the place you want to go?" I asked cutely.


"Geez...you don't have to fake that tone Unnie"


"You're the one who complain about the lack of excitement from me, I'm just doing a favor" She shake her head and drag her chair closer to me and we discuss about the itinerary.


Night come, I'm in my room and Bomi in her room. We are preparing to sleep after had a dinner together. My eyes feels so heavy and then my phone ring, it surprised me.


Seunghee


"What do you want? It's almost midnight Seunghee" I said as soon as I pick up the phone. 


"Rude"


"Heol, you're the rude one sister. It's midnight for God sake. What's wrong? Talk. I'm sleepy" 


"What a Grandma. Anyway, Unnie!" She said excitedly.


"Hm" I answer lazily


"Hear me clearly, I'll just talk once" She said demanding.


Oh how I wish we didn't share this same trait, her demanding side is way over me. I'm nothing compare to her.


"I MADE IT SEOUL UNIVERSITY UNNIE!! YOU HAVE TO TREAT ME A REAL ONE FOR THIS UNNIE" 


My eyes suddenly didn't feel heavy at all. I'm so happy for her. It's so hard to get here, she must have been working so hard to get there. I jumped from my bed and screaming along with her. I thrown my phone at my bed and press speaker button so I can jump freely. 


"I'M HAPPY FOR YOU SIS!!" I scream while jumping


"Yeah..thanks Unnie. I thought I was going to die. I've overworked my brain"


"But it's worth right?" I said as I sit on my bed with my back rest on the bedrest. My phone is still on speaker, too lazy to turn it off.


"It is..."


We fell into silence for good 10 second until she speak
"So...where is the gift?"


"You're unbelievable. I bet that your first motive to called me, right?"


"If I say yes, would you grant me a wish?"


"Okay..what do you want?"


I heard the door opened from outside, it's probably Bomi walking out from her room to the toilet. She really goes to toilet a lot in a day.


"I want to go on trip with you Unnie. For the first time. We haven't really go anywhere just the two of us"


She was right. I never once go traveling with her. She must be missed me, I'm practically her mother. I practically raised her. Maybe it's time for us to bonding again.


"When is it?"


"WOW! You just agree like that? The peak for having an idol as my sister" she laughed


"Tell me the date before I start changing my mind" I


"10 February! I mean..we can go at 10 February and stay there for 2 weeks or less. I'm free for the whole month but I want to prepare anything on the last week of the month with my friends. So I can only go on 2nd and 3rd week of February"


I plan to go with Bomi at 10 February too. I don't want to disappoint my sister and Bomi at the same time. But I promised with Bomi first and that kid is too excited about it.


"Seunghee-ya..." I hesitate


"It sound like I won't get it. Alright Unnie I got it you're busy and all. I'll just spend with my friends instead" 


"No Seunghee-ya I'm not busy, but I had a plan with Bomi at the exact date. I don't want to disappoint her, I promised with her first."


"Aaah...so you choose Bomi over me. Fine" I sighed.


"Seunghee-ya we don't have this kind of conversation, you and her are important to me. Look, how about we go on another time? Last week in February? How's that?" I asked hoping that she will change her mind. 


I heard her sighed on the other line, "Unnie...I had a promise to go buy things for University with my friends. We can't change the date"


"You heard yourself Seunghee. You too have a promise with your friends and can't change it, right? So don't ever talk to me like you did before. I don't choose between my member and family." 


"I'm sorry Unnie. It just....I just don't get it how you still want to spend your holiday with Bomi Unnie despite you live under the same roof with her. Don't you feel sick of each other? I mean...you see her everyday for God sake"


"Holiday and working are different thing, stupid" I lied on my bed with the phone beside me, too lazy to hold it


"Send me your account number, I'll give more to you this time, spend it wisely"


"I was trying to spend a quality time with you, but money sounds great. Alright then Unnie. I'll text the number to you, good night Unnie! Love you!"


"Hmm" I didn't say I love you too because I'm not really good expressing my feelings. 

----
"Oh Bomi you're home?" I'm in the kitchen doing the dishes. Bomi just come back from gym, I'm surprised that she is working out a lot these day.


Drying up my hands, I pour the water and see her walking straight to her room, totally ignore me.


"What's wrong with her?"


I don't like her behavior, she is always like that when something's up. I go to her room and knock the door


"Yoon Bomi open up" She didn't answer and I decide to just open the door. To my surprise she didn't lock the door. She lied in her bed with her face buried on the pillow. I join her sitting down on her bed.


"What's wrong?" I asked directly, knowing that something must happen to make her like this


"Unnie asd$#%1fs" I just heard the Unnie part. I slap her


"Sit and talk to me properly"


She roll over but didn't sit up, "Unnie..." She sighed.


She stopped. I look at her and she is looking at me too. I decided to lying down beside her. Facing her with my hand supporting my head.


"What happened?" I said quietly almost whispering


She glance at me once before talking, "Unnie, let's cancel our plan"


I shocked. I Look at her in disbelief but stay still on my position. I take a deep breath trying to calm my anger.


"What. Happened?"


She sit up and I follow her to sit up to. 
She hesitate "Do you know Haru Unnie, right?"


I just nodded. Waiting for her to explain
"She asked me to go with her to Thailand, she want me to go with her. She asked me the same date as our plan to Jeju. She.."


I cut her, "I want you to go with me too. So, what's the difference here?"


I saw her trying to hold my hand but I bring my hand far to her hand. It cause her to look dejected. 


"Unnie, look. I know you will angry with me, but I can't reject her request. We don't really have many chance to go together because she is so busy with her work. We already booked the ticket plane Unnie. I'm sorry"

 

I speechless at what she said. She cannot be real right now. Angry, disappoint, sad, I feel a lot of emotion right now. Bomi is being unreasonable. I'm beyond mad right now.

 

"I see she is WAY MORE IMPORTANT than me. you Yoon Bomi!" I go out from her room not forget to slam the door as hard as I can. I reach my phone and text Seunghee right away


"Let's go to Europe, come to my house right now and we will go buy things we need there" I sent it to Seunghee and throw my phone away. Burying my face on the pillow and scream at the top of my lounge. Burying my face in tears.


" you too Haru"

 

End of Flashback