Final

Jinki's Koala, Kibum.

Jinki had one problem. A clingy band member.

Kibum was the most demanding and attention seeking member of the group and none of the members gave him the attention he sought for. None other than Lee Jinki of course. The other members ignored Kibum’s rants and demands whenever they could but sometimes they were not so forgiving. This sometimes led to arguments and cold war between them. But whatever happened, Kibum had Jinki by his side no matter what. Jinki just spoiled him to no end, much to the members’ dismay. This only made Kibum being clingier towards the older male - not just emotionally, but physically too.  Jinki would always find Kibum latching to him and seeking comfort like a spoiled little brat whenever he got in to brawls with s (the fault was usually always Kibum’s by the way).  Jinki would always get death glares and looks of disapproval from s whenever he did that but he just shrugged it off with a smile.

There were times when Jinki was happily reading sprawled on the dorm floor and Kibum would just come out on nowhere and latch himself on to him. Jinki doesn’t mind because Kibum smells like strawberries and he is light and soft so Jinki will just continue reading with the additional weight on top of him.

When they were in Japan for filming, Jinki was preparing to walk to the recording of the next scene of the MV with the other boys when Kibum latched himself on to his back. Jinki smiled knowing the familiar feeling of the smaller boy from behind. Without any words exchanged he then gave a piggy back ride all the way to the shooting location. Jinki wondered if a boy could be this light as Kibum gently nuzzled his face in the crook of Jinki’s neck. He felt the warmth of Kibum’s breath on him and he somehow felt content.

If the boys were extra annoyed with Kibum and ignores him, Kibum would just instinctively look for Jinki and settle himself attached to him because there was nowhere else that he felt safer.  Kibum knew that even though he was usually the cause of the problem, it didn’t seem to matter to Jinki. He would always just stand by him and was Kibum’s safe heaven.  

One beautiful Saturday evening when all of the boys had no schedules, they decided to huddle together and watch their favourite Netflix show. Well, all of them except Kibum. Kibum was busy with some cooking experiment in the kitchen and everyone left him alone for their own good. Not even Jinki dared to enter because Kibum was territorial when it came to the kitchen. So no one really noticed when Kibum finished his kitchen duties and made himself comfortable on one of the vacant chairs near the TV, not until Kibum grabbed the remote and changed the channel to his favourite show “ Modern Family”. Everyone was just dumbfounded and Minho immediately attacked Kibum “What the Key?? ( He called Kibum Key when he was pissed off with him). Do you not see us watching the show?? Do you think that it’s ing ok to waltz in here and just change to whatever you want to watch? It doesn’t work that way around here. Stop being such a little brat and leave if you don’t know how to live with us” there were literally daggers flying out of Minho’s eyes and everyone else looked equally irritated by Kibum. Everyone except Jinki who was watching Kibum’s expression turn from shock to absolute horror and then sadness.  Kibum was going to cry any minute. “guys please don’t be so harsh, he just changed the channel. You could have been more careful with your words “ Jinki was desperately trying to make things better but in return he saw that the members got even more angrier. “ Jinki hyung please just shut up. Stop spoiling him ! I think you are the main reason why Kibum acts like a spoiled brat all the time!” Jinki just pouted guiltily. He then saw that Kibum was crying and he did what he always did, he reached out his arms for Kibum and the younger immediately responded by clinging on to him like a scared little kitten. He then softly said “I’m sorry” as Jinki stood up to carry his little bundle of Kibum to their room. The boys just shrugged and continued with their TV series.

Jinki placed the sobbing Kibum on the bed while lying next to him. “Bummie next time, maybe you can ask first okay?”

Kibum nodded like a baby and Jinki just couldn’t help but think about how adorable he looked. He didn’t think before he placed a chaste kiss on Kibum’s crown. Kibum blushed furiously from the leader’s little gesture. “ good, let’s lie here together instead okay?” Kibum smiled with his little dimple making an appearance on his cheeks. Jinki just couldn’t resist how precious he looked and placed another kiss on his cheek with a smile. Kibum’s heart started hammering in his chest. “come here’ Jinki said as he enveloped the smaller boy in his arms. Kibum was wondering what this feeling was. Was it what love is supposed to feel like? Well ..he will find out one day.