Hey, Tipsy Girl

Heirs to the Thrones

Warning: alternate universe, swearing and cursing.

 

 

Once upon a time, in a faraway land, there lived a prince and a princess who came from two different kingdoms and would love to have the chance to kill each other.

Or maybe the time was not exactly that unclear. Maybe the time was only recently.

The characters might not be a prince and a princess, but they were an heir and an heiress from two different Korean conglomerates who were raised to hate and defeat each other in the business world.

At the time of their grandparents, Yook and Park families tried to defeat each other in the banking field. To this date, Yook and Park families’ banks were still the best in South Korea. During their parents’ time, it was a battle of insurance companies between them, both were the best in their field.

As each generation were tasked to keep maintaining their previous generation’s businesses but also to create something new, Yook Sungjae started Yuhyohan, a digital market place that catered to everything you needed to buy under the sun. Six months later, Park Sooyoung launched FYO, or For You Only, also a digital market place.

Yuhyohan and FYO quickly went head to head in digital marketing and online selling business. It’s hard to say which one was the best.

Their latest feud was in choosing new endorsers for their market place. Sungjae hired Blackpink, while Sooyoung hired Twice. Both their market places gained more buyers, investors and sellers, making them the two richest chaeboldeul in the country.

As their parents refused to lose with the other pair, they actually sent their heirs to the same prestigious schools.

They both went to Uahan High School, a bilingual high school that was the most expensive in the country.

When Sungjae won National Math Olympics, Sooyoung came as the runner up.

Sooyoung beat him up by winning the National English Debate Competition, reaching first place, as Sungjae’s team reached runner up.

Both won scholarship to Oxford’s Economics Faculty for their bachelor degrees. They donated the scholarship and went to pay it privately, of course.

Their MBA degrees came from Oxford as well. Sooyoung had wanted to try for Harvard, but her parents said American accent was a no-no, so she continued in Oxford.

All along, they had different friends, but managed to cross paths from time to time. All occasions ended badly. They’d at least throw sarcastic remarks to the other. In high school, they had a shouting match when Sooyoung accused Sungjae of copying her Biology project. He denied it by throwing the lab’s skull at her—literally throwing it, he was so furious, he didn’t care she was a girl anymore—and she attacked him back by throwing a microscope at him—it was heavy, no one understood how she could throw it at him.

That resulted in detention, for the first and last time in their education history.

Even their arranged marriages news appeared only a day apart, the first month they entered Oxford University. Sungjae was going to marry a Kim Sohyun, the heiress of a fashion business, and Sooyoung was going to marry a Kim Taehyung, the heir of an automotive business.

It seemed like everything would keep going on for the next decades.

They would both keep trying to outdo each other in any definition possible.

Until one day, Kim Taehyung was reported of impregnating his own secretary, the pictures of their steamy affairs were released all over the social media.

Park Sooyoung, who had never been defeated all her life—except occasionally by Yook Sungjae—was devastated.

Regardless of how they were, she had been completely loyal to her fiancé, honouring the arrangement their families had made for them.

And he, that filthy, big-headed, arrogant bastard, had dared to impregnate his secretary, who never went to Oxford, can only speak two languages and was only as tall as Sooyoung’s ear!!!

She was scandalized, and decided to throw a huge party at the most popular night club in Seoul to forget about it.

In the party, she danced wildly, drank like a beast, and clung to all the guys who asked her to dance.

And three hours later, tipsy, exhausted, and completely angry to the whole world, she slipped away. The night club was massive, and she stumbled from one hallway to the other, wanting fresh air, but failing to find the elevator.

Purely by chance, she reached one of the club's spacious balconies, where people usually stayed for a cigarette or two.

She gulped the fresh air, gripping the railing so hard.

An idea suddenly came to her mind, and she reached her phone from her Hermes clutch.

She opened her Instagram and tried to delete all her pictures with her cheating fiancé.

“Man . . Cheap. Beggar. BASTARD!!!”

She realized she was crying by then. She was furious she wanted to kill that stupid guy. And why the hell were there so many pictures of them together? Why was she such an idiot? Why couldn’t she see it coming?

“ this. you! I DON’T CARE ANYMORE!!!” she screamed, before throwing her phone as far as she could to the night air of Seoul.

“Well, that’s stupid, indeed.”

She’d know that voice anywhere. Hearing that, her whole body tensed.

As if she knew she’d see the Angel of Death, Sooyoung turned to her left. Very slowly.

Of course, Yook Sungjae was standing a meter away, a cigarette in his hand, a lazy expression on his face.

“...........what the hell are you doing here???”

He shrugged, “This happens to be my current favourite club.”

“The it is!”

“Language, Park Sooyoung-ssi. What would your PR Team say?”

“Just get the hell out of my face, Yook Sungjae.”

“I was here first. You go away.”

She didn’t find it a problem. Not really. So she turned at her heel and made for the sliding doors.

“That phone better has no secrets you’re not ready to share, Park Sooyoung. Or you’ll be dead.”

Her mind was a little cloudy. In an instant though, she tried to remember everything she saved there.

There were a note of her passwords, investment portfolios, and the code for her house’s safe.

“Oh, ” she realized, face-palming.

“Told you so.”

Horrified, she realized she was crying again.

“Can I borrow your phone?”

“Give me one good reason why I should.”

“Right” she said, wiping her own tears, “We’re enemies”

“Uh huh.”

“Can we forget it just this once? I need to call my secretary, ask her to call—to call—“ her usually brilliant mind faltered, and she fought to push the alcohol’s haziness to continue, “some people from my—the guards—IT team, whoever—to track my phone, and stop everything before—just lend me your damn phone!!!”

He stared at her for a while, calculating, before taking one long drag from his cigarette.

After what felt like a year but probably only ten seconds, he took his phone from his suit’s pocket.

“Here” he taunted.

Sooyoung quickly reached for his phone, but he suddenly took it away, putting it high above his head.

“Give it to me!”

“On one condition.”

“Whatever! Anything! Just let me call my secretary!”

She was all over him without realizing it, her jewels clinking, her perfume attacking his senses.

“Yah, you monster! Give me your phone!”

“I said, on one condition.”

“What is that???”

“You’ll owe me one thing.”

“Whatever. Give me your goddamn phone!!!”

“Promise me first. Promise you’ll do what I ask.”

“I PROMISE, YOU JERK!!! GIVE ME YOUR PHONE!”

Sungjae gave her his phone, and she dialled number one on speed dial.

The girl who answered sounds different.

“You’re not my secretary!” she yelled, before hanging up.

“Who’s that?”

“Did you dial number one?”

“Yeah.”

“That’s my fiancé.”

“Where’s my secretary’s number?”

“How would I know?”

“Call her for me!”

“Sure. But after that, you’ll have to do what I say. Do you promise?”

“I do!”

She’s too tipsy to think straight, and he might be unleashing his most manipulative strike yet.

However, he really did call Sooyoung’s family building headquarter. It was 2 am, and the call was answered by a security.

“This is an emergency. Park Sooyoung is in trouble. Can you forward this call to her secretary?”

It took several minutes, but the security was then able to reach Sooyoung’s secretary.

“This is an emergency” he repeated. “Park Sooyoung just threw away her phone in central Myeongdong area. You need to send a team to search for it, before any of the important information there is leaked. Yes, yes. Now, please. Yes.”

When the secretary asked who he was, he simply answered, “This is Yook Sungjae” before hanging up and turning off his phone.

“There” he pronounced.

“..........gamsahamnida.”

“Wow. That’s the first time I hear that word from you after knowing you for a decade.”

“I have manners.”

“Says the girl who just threw away her phone after cursing.”

She flipped her hair at that, and turned away.

“Wait. You promised you’ll do what I say.”

She turned around warily.

“Will you ask my company? That’s impossible.”

“Nope. I have no wish for that.”

“Then what do you want?”

“Sleep with me tonight. I’ve always wanted to know what it would feel like.”

She was still able to digest that, even with her tipsiness.

“Never.”

“Why not? I’ll give you one hell of a ride.”

She scoffed at that.

“Such a loser. All men are the same” she stated, before turning away indignantly.

“Wouldn’t it be the best way to launch your revenge to your ex? Surely sleeping with the guy you hate the most on the day you know your ex cheated would send the message that you’ve moved on.”

She turned away again at that.

“Come to my place. Do it with me. Then tell him you did it”

“.........Ok.”

“..........do you mean it?”

“Sure.”

“Would you go to my place right now and let me have with you?”

“Why not?”

He didn’t even let any of them a chance to reconsider. He instantly walked to her, grabbed her wrist, and dragged her to the nearest elevator, then to the club’s parking lot, and finally to his car.

**********************************************

Author’s Note:

I am merely a victim of Joy’s Dazed Korea shots. Can’t take her tipsy look and that red dress.

I’m weak for pictures.

Plus today was stressful in real life, and the next three days will be stressful as well.

I write to entertain myself.

And no, I’m not going to write a rated scene for this one. I’ll just insinuate things.

Planned this to be a oneshot, but then it became 1,707 words.

So maybe this story would take 5,000 words out of me. Or 10,000.

I don’t know.

We’ll see.

See you around.