Something smells fishy!

fish out of water
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 "Unnie!" 

 Chaeyoung's loud gasp nearly forced a swear out of Dahyun. What kind of comedy movie timing was that? Embarrassment burning through her body and turning her face brigt red, Dahyun had a feeling that, soon enough, she would be feeling so warm that Sana would fry like fish on a pan. And to make the matter worse, Sana had tightened her embrace around her waist - feeling the mermaid's s flush against her chest did not help her focus on the Chaeyoung situation.

 "It's not what it looks like," Dahyun assured, trying her best not to let her voice waver as she spoke, as she knew all too well it wouldn't help her cause.

 "It doesn't look like there's a stranger hugging you on my aunt's floor, then?" Chaeyoung asked. Dahyun was too ashamed to look at her, but she knew very well that the younger girl was trying not to laugh.

 "I just fell on her!" Dahyun protested, "I was going to clean up the sand but she just appeared out of nowhere." Her response was progressively turning into a mumble. Even to her, who knew exactly what had happened, it didn't sound like a believable story. She was like one of those guys who got caught cheating and tried to say that they fell and accidentally got their right into- Dahyun shook her head. She refused to be that miserable. 

 "Why is she , if you fell?"

 "She took a bath?"

 "You sure 'bout that?"

 "Yes! I'm sure!"

 The annoyance in Dahyun's voice seemed to trigger something in the mermaid, who relaxed her tight embrace to run a hand through Dahyun's hair, patting her head in the process. Was she trying to comfort her? In any other situation, she would have found it adorable and sweet, but Sana was still very much under her, just as as before, and Chaeyoung was still standing there. Awkward, awkward, awkward.

 "How do you say 'let me go' in Japanese?" Dahyun finally asked.

 “Let me go?”

 Dahyun repeated the words, and to her surprise, Sana’s arm that was still holding her in place released her. Sana’s hands now rested on her waist, the touch gentle and comforting. God. Dahyun would never be strong enough to survive Sana. She took a deep breath, gathering her courage to face Chaeyoung, and got back up on her feet. Sana sat up to look between Dahyun and Chaeyoung, looking somewhat amused by the situation.

 Dahyun dared a glance at Chaeyoung's face, but the younger girl’s eyes were fixed on Sana, still peacefully sitting on the floor.

 “Chaeng! Cover your eyes!”

 “It’s too late for that, unnie. I’ve seen it all.”

 “Please, stop staring.”

 It was more for her own sake than for Sana’s that Dahyun wanted Chaeyoung to look away. Sana just wasn’t bothered by more people seeing her completely . Chaeyoung turned her back to them, even if she had already ‘seen it all’. Sana grabbed the hand that Dahyun extended towards her – neither of them letting go as Dahyun led them away from Chaeyoung.

 “When I said you shouldn’t be when I got home, I didn’t mean just you, unnie!”
 


 “Oh my-” Dahyun stopped herself before she could say God. She leaned back against the bathroom door, bumping her head just a little too hard. “Crap!”

 Nothing good would come out of that situation.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter