Unfortunate Princess

Lycantroupe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They all stared in disbelief at the girl who is now feeling sheepish after Sakura is still exposing her gem eye. Sudden rustling from the bushes made them all alarmed and they prepared to hide themselves to avoid any confrontation with other humans. 

 

Without any words, Yujin grabbed Wonyoung as she jumped onto a tree, hiding themselves within the shadow. Her right hand covered Wonyoung mouth, while whispering to the girl’s ear, giving a stern warning to remain silent. Yujin supported Wonyoung by using her left hand while peeping at the persistent pursuers.

 

“Where is the girl? Find that freaking girl now or I’ll kill each and every one of you!”

 

A tall man appeared wearing a black cloak with a snake crest embedded on his left chest. He spat out in anger and clicked his tongue in annoyance as his subordinates yet again let the girl with the gem escape right under his nose. He huffed in frustration before running deep into the forest to try his luck and catch the girl who is shuddering in Yujin embrace.

 

“Sakura, may I request some protection for this girl? That man sounds nasty and he smelt like rotten rodent.”

 

Yena kneeled in front of Sakura, asking the Lord to spare the unknown, messy girl. Sakura huffed as she herself heard everything that man spouted and as cold as she can be, Sakura can never let this girl be alone. Not when she has an important gem that might be the key for them to break their curse and from the way this girl is hunted, Sakura can guess that those people are up to no good.

 

“Very well. Bring her back.”

 

Sakura gave her final words which made Yena brim with joy.

 

“Yes, my lord.”

 

Yena winked at Yujin, signalling the girl to carry the messy, smelly stranger to their home. Yujin grinned back at the girl who had a mouth resembling the beak of a duck and asks permission from the girl to be carried by her. 

 

As soon as the girl gave her consent, Yujin heaved her up, letting the girl snake her arms around Yujin’s neck before politely apologizing for touching the girl from earlier. 

 

“Sorry about before. I had no choice but to grab you and close your mouth. You can be mad at me after we reach our home, okay?”

 

Yujin gently speaks to the girl. She realized that the girl feet is bleeding as she is barefoot all this time. Her heart sank to see the girl’s beautiful long legs albeit a bit muddy getting hurt like this.

 

“N-no worries. You saved my life afterall. I am the one who should apologize for giving you a hard time.”

 

The girl stuttered which made Yujin snicker because she finds the girl cute.

 

“Now can you close your eyes? I’m afraid the speed might cause some dust to get into your lustrous eyes.”

 

Yujin muttered and the girl obediently followed.

 

“Whoa, didn’t know you are such a charmer!” Yena whistled at Yujin, to which the girl just growled back.

 

“Let’s head back. Those pursuers might still be lingering around here if we are dilly-dallying.” Chaewon instructed them.

 

“Yeah, I need Chaeyeon’s special hot chocolate. It’s getting cold.”

 

Hyewon commented as she readied herself to sprint through the forest and get back home to snuggle with her blanket while enjoying a hot mug of cocoa by the fireplace.

 

“Sure. I’ll whip something for our guest too.”

 

Chaeyeon laughed at Hyewon’s suggestion. Even if the girl didn’t say it loud, Chaeyeon will make sure to make her signature hot chocolate for her cousins as they hardly can sleep without drinking some milk added with honey.

 

“Everyone, spread around and make sure no one can trace you. Yujin, you can use the same route we took earlier.”

 

Sakura instructed them and in a blink, they dispersed into six different ways. The stranger sure is amazed at the newly found peculiar people who are possessing immense power but appeared so down-to-earth with such laid back manners.

 

They are all such amazing people.

 

The girl whispered as she feels the wind caressing her cheeks while they ran through the forest. She enjoyed the feeling of breeze greeting her constantly for a few minutes until they slowed down and stopped completely.

 

“Miss, you can open your eyes now.”

 

Yujin whispered to the girl softly, just in case she is sleeping, while moving towards their mansion. Fortunately, the girl immediately opened her eyes and is mesmerized to see the mansion standing in front of them.

 

“Oh, that crest, you all are from Izeins family?”

 

The girl exclaimed as she saw the empty archgate that welcomed them.

 

“Crest? What crest?”

 

Yujin is dumbfounded but before she could shoot another question, a voice greeted them.

 

“So you can see the crest and even know our names? Now that is not something an ordinary person would know.”

 

Sakura stood while crossing her arms beside Yujin. The taller girl was startled as she couldn’t detect any presence at all when the girl was creeping closer towards them.

 

“So is it true? You are from Izeins familia?” The girl asked curiously. Sakura chuckled and patted the girl’s head.

 

“I’ll explain to you when we get inside, okay? You should always be careful, the walls, the forests, the land, it all got ears.”

 

Sakura lovingly whispered to the girl. After a few moments, the other lycans arrived and they strode together into the mansion. Before Yujin can ask where shall she send the girl in her arms, a sudden gentle yet cold voice echoed in her mind.

 

Yujin? Don’t be too surprised. This is Chaeyeon. I will entrust you to take good care of that girl, alright?

 

Yujin wants to ask why but seeing Chaeyeon smile made her shudder. She sighed internally and changed her direction towards her own room while the girl in her arms is looking the surroundings in awe.

 

“Miss, I am sorry if it looks untidy but this is my room. I will assist you for a bath and if you don’t mind, I need to go and prepare it first.”

 

Yujin still put on her polite facade as Hyewon said that she needs to be nice towards strangers. The girl nodded in reply but before Yujin can move towards the bathroom, a thundering growl can be heard throughout the vicinity.

 

“Uhh, I am sorry for my blunder.” The girl blushed while clenching her stomach. She cursed herself for being so unrefined in front of Yujin, her saviour.

 

“Ahaha, I am sorry for my negligence. The food shall be delivered soon. It’s sure an eventful evening for you, right?”

 

Yujin chuckled at the girl as she excused herself. She didn’t want to make the girl feel discomfort or Chaeyeon might chomp her head off from her shoulder. She then rummaged through her wardrobe and find a suitable, nice clothes for the girl. She exclaimed when she thought that a pair of pale pink clothes will suit the girl. Yujin laid those clothes carefully beside the girl, her face is still smiling politely at the stranger who is curiously staring her half-messy room from the queen sized bed.

 

Yujin disappeared from the room again as she stepped inside the shower. The young girl can hear water flushing inside the shower and before long, Yujin stepped inside her bedroom again while holding a black cloth in her palms.

 

“Young miss, I shall assist you while taking your bath for today. You look like you're gonna collapse anytime soon if I left you alone.”

 

Yujin smiles at the girl before putting on her blindfold. As much as she wants to act as the Good Samaritan, she still exercise extra caution while handling the girl even though putting on the blindfold is unnecessary. She didn’t want the girl to think that Yujin volunteered herself to wash the girl just to take a chance to ogle her. Thus, before any misunderstanding is created, Yujin is already taking preventive measures.

 

The girl on the other hand didn’t mind at all if Yujin were to see her because she has been bathed by people since she was born. Having people helping her around while taking a bath is not a big deal but she does appreciate Yujin’s gesture, indicating that the girl does have some manners hammered in her head.

 

Though she is worried at how the girl will handle her, she is amazed by Yujin’s precise movements to locate the soap and shampoo and her estimation to rub it perfectly on her hair and body. Yujin hands run smoothly, evenly distributing the soap through the girl’s and washed it thoroughly. 

 

She then hesitantly asked the girl in a quiet voice, “Young miss, you can wash the other areas  by yourself, right?”

 

The girl laughed at Yujin’s innocent question. She is amazed at how Yujin acting so well-mannered even for a smelly stranger like her. After finishing her bath, Yujin carried her again towards her bedroom, toddling carefully while putting the girl on the bed. Yujin turned away while the girl is putting on her clothes.

 

“Yujin? I’m done.”

 

When she hears the girl call her name, she removed her blindfold and unknowingly stared at the girl. However, Yujin smacked her own head, punishing herself for forgetting something important. She excused herself into the bathroom and bringing over a basin filled with lukewarm water for the girl to wash her face. 

 

The girl is amazed yet again at Yujin attentiveness and really honored to be entertained by the girl. She wiped her face using a soft, white towel that Yujin passed and then sat on the bed silently, waiting for Yujin to come back from putting away those basin in her bathroom.

 

As soon as she stepped into the room, Yujin is mesmerized to see a beautiful young girl who resembles a porcelain doll is sitting on her bed. It is hard to believe that this girl is the very same person who had muddy, messy face just now.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter