The World

Lycantroupe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Morning, Yujin.”

 

Chaeyeon greeted a half-asleep puppy who is getting dragged by an energetic duck towards the kitchen early in the morning to have another set of sparring for the day. Yujin greeted Chaeyeon properly before stifling a yawn, clearly is still exhausted from yesterday's practice. She got to train with Chaewon again in the evening before being summoned by Sakura to undergo some stamina strengthening course with their beautiful lord.

 

Yujin swear her muscle is aching but she cannot complain as she realized that compared to the others, she is lacking in a lot of areas. Yujin didn’t want to become a burden towards her family and thus, she kept reminding herself to reinforce her will and striving to improve herself as much as she can.

 

“Hurry up and finish your breakfast, Yujin. We still got some time to resume our fight from yesterday!”

 

Yena enthusiastically urged Yujin while spoonfed the girl who barely opening her eyes. Chaeyeon chuckles at Yena while Hyewon is having her bowl of appetizer.

 

“Sorry, Yena. I need Yujin to run some errand this morning. Maybe you can go and pester Chaewon instead?”

 

Chaeyeon smile at the ducky who are pouting right now. She shook her head furiously, didn’t want to wake up Chaewon as she might be killed if she did it again. Yena already tried to ask Chaewon the same way she is bugging Yujin some time ago but that Chaewon is beyond mad when Yena tried to disturb her beauty sleep. Yena almost lost her life in the hands of half-asleep Chaewon and if Sakura didn’t save her, maybe Yena is as good as gone already.

 

“You are kidding me. Chaewon is such a sleepyhead and I had no one to practice with me. Why everyone would avoiding me.”

 

Yena crossed her arms and sulked. She is trying her best over here to become stronger and none of them want to help her. Sakura is busy doing her work to earn some income to pay the bills and Chaeyeon always running around the clock managing the household. Hyewon won’t even bother to move away from the kitchen as she is already quite strong compared to Yena. Thus, the girl is overjoyed when Yujin joined them as she thought that she will have a perfect partner for practice.

 

“Oh stop sulking. I didn’t have any intention to distinguish your excitement but our food stock is dwindling and we won’t have anything to eat for lunch if I didn’t send Yujin for some errand.”

 

Chaeyeon smiled apologetically at Yena. However, a certain person already made her way towards the door while dragging Yujin as she heard Chaeyeon report.

 

“Wake up, Yujin. We had some emergency here.”

 

She forcefully shake Yujin and that poor puppy confusedly rubbing her eyes while whimpering.

 

“Whine later, let’s move already.”

 

Hyewon never been this energetic in Yujin memories and she just follow the older girl blindly. Chaeyeon passed list of groceries they need to secure and handing them two pieces of enormous sack to load their shopping later.

 

As they walked away through the hall, they met with Sakura who just finishing her morning routine. She sees the two kids are bringing sack with them and she already get a gist of errands that they are about to run. She wiped her dripping sweat with a fluffy white towels and greeted them.

 

“Don’t forget to put on your cloak and wear the mask. Never want those busy time coming again, okay?”

 

Sakura reminded them and Hyewon nodded curtly. Yujin is baffled but Hyewon didn’t even spare her any second to ask question when the girl wrapped Yujin face with a mafla and put on a cloak onto Yujin before dashing off the front door while dragging Yujin.

 

At the same time, Yena is still sulking in the kitchen while plunging her head onto the island counter. She mumbled some indescribable words which made Chaeyeon look at her sympathetically and heaved a deep sigh before approaching her.

 

“So, to compensate your loss, let me be your sparring partner for this morning, okay?”

 

Chaeyeon turned at Yena and the girl beamed with happiness. She always longed to practice with Chaeyeon as she is a good teacher which give easy pointers for her to improve her skills. Yena didn’t waste any time and went to the training arena with Chaeyeon for their early morning practices.

***

Yujin is running ahead of Hyewon who is plodding behind her. It seems her spirit to restock food depleted rather quickly as soon as they stepped out from the house.

 

Hyewon:

 

As Yujin is feeling sympathetic at the girl who is struggling to match with her pace, Yujin decided to walk beside the girl. Their journey are rather awkward and only filled with deafening silence. Yujin scratched her head, trying to find a topic to break the ice between them.

 

“So, what’s with this getup?”

 

She asked curiously while Hyewon are jumping around, avoiding some vines and bulging roots. She let out a dazzling smile at Yujin which made her mesmerized.

 

“Well, before this, we tend to go to the town with our everyday clothes. We do get some catcall and some people are pestering us. However, one day those pesky people are being too much and making Chaewon mad. She even broke their bones and cracked their ribs. We got some attacks at the mansion for quite some time too and it is so tiring.”

 

Hyewon pouted and Yujin swear her face at that moment is illegal to be shown to the public. She then realized something when she rethink again about Hyewon story. She took a good look at Hyewon who are playing by herself innocently and imagining every face of her cousins. Then, sudden realization hit her which made she exclaimed.

 

“Ah, now I get it.”

 

Yujin sighed when she just find out a point that her cousins seems to miss. Hyewon tilted her head at Yujin, curious at what making their youngest sighed loudly.

 

They are too dense to know that they had such attractive visual. Even Hyewon tilting head like that is lethal. I do hope that people who are crushed by Chaewon are able to rest in peace.

 

Yujin let out her smile while walking away with Hyewon. She didn’t bother to explain her findings as she thought it was best for the girls to just cover their face to preserve their beauty from those dirty eyes. Yujin couldn’t help but being wary of her surroundings and doubting almost everyone after listening to Chaeyeon story yesterday.

 

While Yujin is lost within her deep thought, Hyewon tugged her hand and whispered excitedly that they had arrived to the town. Yujin is greeted by the town bustling activities where sellers are trying their best to attract some customers. Loud shouts are getting common as they passed through the market while some customers are trying to haggle prices with some seller at several stalls.

 

Yujin is not affected by those noisy atmosphere at all because she used to come here with her friends to get their necessities. Of course it happened since long ago before Yujin found out that she is a werewolf.

 

“So Chaeyeon listed here we need about 50 kg of meat-”

 

“Say what? Are we cooking at an army camp or what?”

 

Yujin is shocked to hear that number. She blinked at Hyewon who seems puzzled by Yujin reaction as if Yujin asking some weird question.

 

“Just so you know, I follow a strict 6 meals a day diet excluding tea time and appetizer. We also get Yena the big eater and even though Sakura looks scrawny, she eats as much as Yena and not to mention Chaeyeon and Chaewon too. Even you are eating quite a lot.”

 

Yujin stifle her laugh when she see those serious expression on Hyewon face. The girl who she thought will be distant and cold are actually quite funny and Yujin love to have her around. They click rather quickly and Yujin adapting well with Hyewon quirk action.

 

That stoic girl is really unpredictable and she always amazed Yujin with her actions and words. Their shopping date went rather well and Yujin never felt that going to buy groceries can be this enjoyable.

 

“Ah, Chaeyeon want some greens too. Let’s make sure to buy the freshest one that is available. We need fruits for snacks too. Eating only meat is not good for your body, a balanced diet is the key.”

 

Hyewon hummed as she bounced away with their food stock. Yujin is surprised to see Hyewon are able to lift tons of things that are quite heavy and made it like she just lift some cotton.

 

No wonder she always train with Sakura. She is that strong, huh? I bet the rest of them also can lift any object with ease.

 

Yujin started admiring her newly found family. They are really one of the kinds and Yujin felt blessed to meet them.

 

After finishing their shopping spree, Hyewon dragged Yujin into some back alley which made the taller girl curious. Nevertheless, she obediently following Hyewon who is rather excited than usual.

 

“Where are we going, Hyewon?”

 

Yujin whispered at the girl while catching her breath. She is astounding to found out that Hyewon can indeed move quick but she chose to appear as laid back person.

 

“We need to be fast to get there, my secret place.”

 

The girl replied hurriedly and Yujin laughed for the nth time. She never feels bored all this time while being around Hyewon. They run through several alleys again before something enticing registered into Yujin nose.

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter