Curfew

Teachers And Students

For the millionth time, Jisoo pressed Yerim’s contact saved on her phone again. It is now 10 pm, which is 2 hours passed Yerim’s curfew, and that girl is still not home yet. 

Chaeyoung waited for Yerim, in front of their house. She has been pacing across the front lawn for countless times, glancing here and there and reacting to the slightest sounds, looking for Yerim. 

Jisoo came out of the house to join Chaeyoung. 

“Unnie, did she pick up?” Chaeyoung asked with worried and wide eyes to Jisoo.

”No. Aish.... this girl, where could she be right now. How could she do this. It’s 2 hours pass her curfew.” 

“Unnie pls think about something to do. Where could she be right now. Should we try to find her?” 

Jisoo knows that Chaeyoung is worried sick and just like Chaeyoung, Jisoo would like to try to find Yerim, but it is useless since they don’t know where exactly Yerim is. 

“I think we should just wait here. What if Yerim got back while we were out finding her? I’m sure she’ll be back in a few minutes.” 

Chaeyoung started walking around nervously in the front yard again. 

Another 10 minutes passed and she saw three figures walking towards their house.

”Unnie! Is that Yerim and her friends?” 

Jisoo narrowed her eyes to get a clearer sight of the figures walking towards her, only to see that it’s actually not Yerim.

”No. It’s Irene unnie, Jennie and Lisa. Hey! Guys! Fast!”

Irene, Jennie and Lisa walked fast to where Jisoo and Chaeyoung are standing. 

“What are you doing out so late?” Irene asked. 

“Help Unnie!” Chaeyoung squeaked worriedly. “Yerim is still not home yet and she’s not picking up her phone either!” 

“Yerim is still not home yet?!?!?” Irene, Jennie and Lisa all screamed out with horror. 

“Unnie what should we do??!?” Lisa asked.

”It’s 10:30 now. It’s so late. But should we wait a little more?” Jennie suggested.

”Sure. But if she doesn’t come home by 11, then we’re going to the police.” Irene looked around her neighborhood hoping that Yeri would appear somewhere. 

***

”Yah! Stop screaming into the mic!” Wendy smacked Seulgi’s arm that is gripping the mic close to , singing (or screaming) passionately. 

Right now, Seulgi, Wendy, Joy and Yerim are in a karaoke room that they rented for 2 hours. They were having so much fun that whenever their time is up and a waiter came to get them, the would just pay some more for extra time. 

They didn’t go straight to the karaoke. They made a stop at a food shop to fill their stomachs then they went to sing some songs. It’s friday night so everyone was in a great mood. 

“Seulgi, pass the mic. Let me show you how to sing properly.” Oh no. Joy is gonna be Joy again. 

Truth be told, although Joy is the worst narcissistic that the gang has ever met, Joy is actually good at all the things she does, Sure, she can be reckless and stupid and tell jokes like a dork, but she also takes pride in herself. 

They have to admit, Joy was quite good at singing. They changed the song to a very energetic Edm song and started dancing crazily to the rhythm. The only thing that is left alone on the couch is Yerim’s phone, ringing the whole time but no one can hear it because of the loud volume. 

“Damn Seulgi, you can dance really well.” Yerim joined Seulgi in dancing and tried to dance like Seulgi. 

“Guys, shouldn’t we go home now? I think we’ve been in this room for a long time..” Wendy sat back on the couch.

”Relax Wendy. It hasn’t even been 30 minutes.” Seulgi reasoned. 

“Hasn’t been 30 minutes?!??!?!!! Yah! Have you counted the times we paid more money for extra time?” 

“Fine Wendy. But just one more song and the we’ll go ok?” 

“Fine then.”

*** 

“And what is the girl’s name that you are looking for?” 

“It’s Yerim, sir. Kim Yerim.” 

“Alright. We’ll send out a team to find her. Kindly wait at the back for a while.”

”Thank you so much for your help.” Irene and the rest started making their way back to the seats. 

“Unnie? Eotteokhae?? Where could Yerim be?” Chaeyoung’s tears started falling down her face. 

“Don’t worry Chaeyoung-ah. We’ll find her. I promise.” Jennie assured her. Everybody’s heart rate was racing to 120 bpm and they were fidgeting badly but all they can do now is hope that Yerim is safe and that the police will find her. 

***

”Oh no! 200 missed calls!!?!?!?!!?” Yeri screamed so loud that a few people walking pass them turned around to look at her. 

“And it’s already over midnight! Oh no no no no no no!!!! I’m so screwed!” Yerkm right now is panicking so bad. 

“Calm your woman.” Even at this moment, Joy will  in like that. 

“HOW CAN I BE CALM! Oh no, I’m gonna get chopped into pieces when I get home.” 

“The worst you will get is a life time grounding.” Wendy cut in.

”Not now Wendy. I can’t go back home like this.” 

“Wouldn’t that make it worse, ?” 

“At least I’ll avoid trouble for this night?” 

“Yea avoid trouble this night but get into twice the trouble u already are in the next day.” 

“Oh no..... hey Seulgi, could let me sleepover at your house tonight? Please? Bear?” 

“Fine. As long as our teacher won’t kill me after they’re done with you.” 

“Hehehe it won’t happen. I won’t tell them I slept at your house.” 

***

There was a repeated knock at the front door of the Kang’s household early in the morning. 

“Yes, officers?” Mrs. Kang answered the door. 

“We got a location that tells us that Kim Yerim in this house ma’am. She didn’t go back home last night.” 

“Kim Yerim? That’s my daughter’s friend! They came home at about 1 am. I’ll go and wake them up, please come in.” 

“Thank you ma’am.”

***

”Yah! Seulgi! Yeri-ah wake up now!” 

“What mom? I still wanna sleep.” 

“No you can’t. Yeri-ah get up, officers are downstairs. They said they came to fetch you.” 

“OFFICERS?!?!?” Yerim shot up from where she’s laying down with panicked expression. 

“Why do officers have to fetch me?” 

“I am not sure but come downstairs now.” 

“Yes Auntie.” 

***

”Are you Kim Yerim?” A girl officer with a beautiful face but a cold aurora spoke. 

“Yes ma’am.” 

“Ah good. Your sisters have been looking for you last night. They reported you as a missing person. Did they know you were having a sleepover at your friend’s house?”

 “N-no ma’am.” 

“ Ahh I see. Well, now come with me. Your sisters are still at the police station waiting for you.”

***

”Ms. Irene, Ms. Jisoo, Ms. Jennie, Ms.Chaeyoung, Ms.Lisa. Here. We found your sister.” 

The five sisters ran to Yerim and hugged her tightly. 

“Where have you been Yerim! You nearly made me pass out!” Chaeyoung couldn’t control her tears anymore now that she is relieved Yerim is safe.

“I’m so sorry Chaeyoung unnie.” 

“Thank you officers for finding her.” Irene thanked the officers. 

“No problem ma’am. We are happy we found Yerim. You can come to me if you need any help. My name is Jessica.”

”Thank you Ms. Jessica. Thank you so much.” Irene Bowes really low and thanked again. 

“Since Yerim is here now, you can leave the police station after you sign this form.” 

“Yes, I’ll sign it.” Jennie signed on the form. 

The six folks made their way out of the police station. Just by looking at their faces, Yerim knows that no one of them slept last night. 

“C’mon Yerim, lets go home.” Lisa put her arms around Yeri’s shoulders only to be yanked away by Jisoo and earned a slap on the back of Yeri’s head. 

“We’ll deal with you when we get home.”