First Day Of School

Teachers And Students

“Get up Yerimie.... Get up.” Chaeyoung shook Yerim’s arm lightly, trying to wake her up to get ready for school. “It’s already 7 am Yeri, get up.” 

Yeri just buried her head deeper into her pillow refusing to get up. She still wants to sleep. 

“It’s only 7 am, unnie ...” Yeri whined. “Why don’t you guys just go ahead? I’ll get up in 5 minutes I promise.”

”What if you fell asleep again after we go to school?” School starts at 8 am but the teachers have to get to school by 7:10. So, the teachers would leave for school first and later Yeri will come to school with her bicycle. 

“I still want to sleep.....” Yeri complained like a little kid. Chaeyoung gave up and went downstairs to ask for help. 

“Someone else go wake her up.” Chaeyoung said while coming down the stairs. 

“Aish...This kid..... I’ll get her.” Jennie said, already making her way upstairs to Yeri’s room. Just then, Jisoo suggested that she go. Surely Jisoo doesn’t want Yeri to get scolded so early in the morning and on her first day.  

Jisoo climbed upstairs and made her to Yeri’s room and sat on one side of her bed. “Come on Yeri. Wake up. You don’t want to late for school on your first day.”

When Yeri heard about school, she just groaned more and covered her face with her pillow. 

“You have Jennie unnie  for your first class right, Yeri? You don’t want to be late for her class on the first day. You’ll get into trouble.” 

After what Jisoo said, Yeri tried to sit up sleepily. She really doesn’t want to get into trouble yet. 

“There’s my good girl Yerimie~” Jisoo coaxed and slightly pushing Yeri to the bathroom to wash up. 

“Don’t be late for school, alright Yerimie?” 

“Yes unnie.” Yeri answered back. She took a hot shower, brushed her teeth, washed face, change into her school uniform, fixed her hair and get her back pack. She was doing everything slowly since she hates Monday mornings. 

She went downstairs to eat her breakfast which is a sandwich that Irene made so it tastes so good. She was glad her teacher Lisa didn’t make breakfast do her. Lisa seongsaengnim can’t even cook instant ramen properly. 

After eating slowly, Yeri checked her phone to see what time it is. Her eyes shot wide when she realized it’s already 7:50! Oh no! She’s going to be late! 

Yeri grabbed her remaining sandwich and quickly got out of the house. She rode her bicycle as quickly as she can to get to school on time. 

***

Lisa stood there at the entrance of BlackVelvet School greeting students. She kept anxiously looking at her watch, waiting for Yeri. Lisa knows that if Yeri will be late for Jennie’s class on the first day, Yeri is going to get into trouble. 

She looked at her watch again. It’s 7:58. That’s when she saw Yeri, peddling her bicycle as fast as she can. Yeri quickly parked her bicycle and run to get to school. 

“Yah! Kim Yerim! How can you be late!” Lisa scolded Yeri while giving Yeri a smack to her bottom. 

“Sorry.” Yeri mumbled. Yeri ran all the way to get to her class. When she swung open her classroom door, students were already seated and Ms. Jennie was standing in front of the class. 

“You’re 1 minute late, Kim Yerim.” Jennie told Yeri in a stern voice. Yeri knew that even if it was just one minute, she is still going to get punished. 

“ I’m sorry seongsaengnim.” Yeri said. 

“Go put your things down and stand outside the classroom.” The whole class went “Ooooooo” when Jennie said that. Yeri did as she was told to do so. After standing outside for about 15 minutes, Jennie came out of the classroom to talk to Yeri. 

“Did you sleep again after we went out?” Jennie crossed her arms, looked straight into Yeri’s eyes and asked in a really stern tone. 

Yeri gulped and shook her head while trying to avoid eye contact with Jennie. 

“Don’t lie to me Kim Yerim.” 

“I swear! I didn’t go back to sleep. I just lost count of time.” 

“You should have been more careful.” Jennie said. 

Yeri looked down to her feet. “ I’m sorry seongsaengnim.”

”Come to my office after school. You can come back in. You better pay attention in my language arts class. Or else, you’re dead. Get it?” Jennie asked in her authoritive dont-even-try-to-talk-back tone. Her stern voice made Yeri obedient and not argue and complain. 

After her first class was over, she made her way to Science class where Chaeyoung seongsaengnim teaches. Yeri bowed respectfully to Chaeyoung as she made her way to her seat. Science class was over quickly. After science, she made her way to Social Studies class that Jisoo teaches.

Yeri sat with her three best friends, Seulgi, Wendy, and Sooyoung. The call themselves Red velvet. The are very popular in school but they are not bullies. Yeri is the troublemaker, Seulgi is the prankster, Sooyoung is the mean and scary one ( she does not bully people and she doesn’t let other people bully them either ), and Wendy is the smart one that can plan their missions to cause trouble around the school and prank everyone and try to get out of trouble. They have gotten into so much trouble it’s a miracle they are not expelled. The 5 teachers of Class 2-2 secretly admires Red Velvet but sometimes those girls can be a pain in the a. Although the girls are very naughty,  they are very good kids. 

“At the back! Stop talking!” Jisoo warned the Red Velvet girls. 

After Social Studies, it was Lunch Time. Red Velvet grabbed their food and sat at a table.

”So we’re back to school... should we play some games?” Wendy asked smiling.

”Yeah, School won’t be fun without our little games.” Joy answered Wendy back with a mischievous twinkle in her eyes.

”The trip to the lake was really fun.” Seulgi said. “You missed out big time Yeri.” 

“Yeah. I did missed out a lot of things.” Yeri said. They planned a trip to the lake for three days just the Red Velvet girls. But Chaeyoung grounded Yeri for being so naughty over the break so Yeri couldn’t follow them. Yeri wanted to go with her friends so much that she tried to sneak out, but she got caught and earned a really hard spanking from Jisoo. Yeri shook her head at the thought of that punishment. Jisoo is very laid back and chill and will crack jokes but Jisoo can be so stern and strict when it comes to discipline.

Lunch was over just like that. 

Yeri made her way to Math class where Irene teaches. 

Irene is an excellent math teacher but Yeri is just hopeless at it. Yeri tried her best to understand but her brain got clogged up and she felt sleepy. She was already dozing off in her seat when Irene came and smack the back of her head. 

“Owww....” Yeri sat up and rubbed the back of head. 

Irene pulled Yeri by the ears and dragged her to a standing desk. 

“Owwww...! Pleaseeee let go of my ears!!!” 

“You stay here for the rest of the class. Don’t even think about dozing off again.” 

Yeri stood there at the standing desk, rubbing her ears with a cute pout on her face.

After Math, Yeri has English class where Lisa teaches. Lisa may be a bad cook, but lisa can speak four languages. Lisa usually ignores the students that refuses to do anything and just kept on teaching to those who want to be taught. But tho, Lisa mentally notes this down and when it’s time for gym class, she would make those students that weren’t listening or sleeping do military exercises and punish them by making them run around the soccer field for 10 laps. 

After English class, they all head out to the sports field. They have their Gym class there. Red Velvet were part of the students who were sleeping the whole class so they were all punished. 

3 pm is when school is over. But not for Yeri. She has detention to deal with. Her five teachers are the most qualified teachers in the school so they have their big own office. Yeri and Lisa made their way to the office. 

“I heard you got detention?” Lisa asked.

”Yeah. I was late for Jennie seongsaengnim’s class for only one minute and she gave me detention.” Yeri answered obviously not happy with it.

”If you woke up earlier, you wouldn’t be late.”

”Ugh... thanks for making me feel better unnie.” Yeri answered sarcastically to Lisa. Yeri would call her teachers “unnie” if they are not at school or they are by themselves.

”Yeri entered the room and went to the seat she always have to sit when she gets detention. She was just about to put her head down on the desk and sleep  when Jennie smacked the back of Yeri’s head with a book. 

“Owww!!! That hurts..!” Yeri whined while pouting. 

“I did not put you in detention to sleep, Kim Yerim.” Jennie said again with her stern voice. 

Yeri did not answer but looked at Jennie with a cute pout and puppy eyes. Jennie’s reminded herself not to fall for it. 

“Do your homework for the next hour.”

”But I don’t have any homework. It’s the first day of school.”

”Don’t try to trick your seongsaengnim, Yeri.” Irene scolded. “You have math homework. You can only get out of detention after you’ve actually done it.” 

“You’re so mean!” Yeri shot back but still took out her math book and started doing it. 

Last time, Yeri just random numbers and alphabets to look like equations and lied that she did her math homework already. Chaeyoung caught her and she had to redo everything again. So this time Yeri tried to actually finish her homework. 

***

Yeri was riding her bicycle back home. In detention, other than getting scolded by Irene unnie for not paying attention in class and Irene had to explain everything again, it was ok. 

Yeri made a quick after school snack and sat in front of the TV. Just an hour later, she heard people coming to the front door. Yeri quickly closed the TV and ran to her bedroom to look like she was studying.

”Yeri!” Jisoo called. “Are you studying in your room?” 

“Yes unnie! I’m studying.”

Just then Lisa came in. “You’re pretty fast, getting to your bedroom from the living room. 

“What do you mean?” Yeri act as if she’s clueless. 

“If you want to look like you did nothing wrong, make sure to get the details right.”

Yeri still doesn’t understand what Lisa was saying. 

So Lisa continued her advise. “I left the TV remote the in basket under the table..... How did the remote magically got on the sofa? Pabo!” 

Yeri just sighed. Lisa can be strict too but mostly Lisa plays along and don’t really do anything unless it’s really dangerous and could cause more problems. 

Yeri’s Lisa unnie was one of a kind