Chapter 2

In the Event of a Flashback
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her mother had left a while ago, worried and confused. She probably went to find the doctor. After Eunbi's mental breakdown, it was only expected. So with a kiss on the forehead and a promise to come back later, her mother left her alone in her shared hospital room. 

Eight years...how the hell did she go back eight years?

Did the accident plant her in a coma or something? For her to be dreaming so long like this, it was super realistic too! Or maybe someone drugged her drink. God her head hurts. Eunbi tries to ignore the other occupant's concerned and mildly scared looks that were being thrown in her direction. 

Time travel was impossible. Should she just sleep and hope for the best? Perhaps even try to faint again. She slumps back on her hospital bed. Eyeing the old junk of a phone on the table, her old junk of a phone apparently. 

Maybe hell was just reliving your past?

Before, when Eunbi's mother had been alarmed to hear about Eunbi asking about her job and that she would need to call Chaewon (who Eunbi wouldn't even know until a year from now). 22-year-old Eunbi had been jobless and a broke college student. She must have looked crazy. But-but the idea of time travelling was even more preposterous.

She stared at her old phone. Willing it to change back to the latest phone model. Did it even have WIFI? Glaring at it intensely didn't seem to grant her wish but it did, in fact, almost give her a heart-attack when a tacky k-pop song started blasting. A call from...an unknown number.

Smiling apologetically at her roommate, she tapped the call button. "Hello?"

"Kwon Eunbi?" A raspy voice answered back. She tensed, trying to remember who she surrounded herself with back in college.

"This is her, and you are...?" 

"Er...Sakura, Miyawaki Sakura. Do you remember me?"

Her heart stops. 

"Sakura?" She whispers, looking at the other person in her room, who looked tired not to look interested in her call. Eunbi grimaces and shuffles out of the room, phone in hand. "Just so we're clear here," She says to the phone once she's out. "We were in a car accident right?"

A sigh and a muttered 'thank god' on the other end makes her relax. "Yeah. We were in a cab and then...not. Can I see you?"

//////

Sakura, it seems, has never lived that much farther than her even eight years in the past. 30 minutes after her call, they agreed to meet at the hospital's cafe. Eunbi still dressed in her pajama pants and an oversized shirt, feels a little under dressed when Sakura appears in a mini skirt and leather jacket combo. She didn't notice at first with her mother, but Sakura looks younger, less burdened by the harsh reality that came with being an adult. And she had longer hair. 

"Hey," Sakura greets, taking a seat.

"This feels weird, " Eunbi says as a response. Sakura arches a brow, lips twitching. 

"The part where we had an accident and came out without a scratch or that it's eight years to early for our first meeting?"

Eunbi smirks, leaning on her palms. "That I'm the one dressed like a slob this time around. But eight years is also weird not gonna lie." It's amusing to her that they can make light of a situation so absurd. "How did you find me?"

"You never changed your number." Ah. So that was how. Thank god for Eunbi's fixation on her number being perfect and easy to remember. 

They stay silent for a while. Trying to make sense of what they found themselves in. She sips at her coffee, thinking of what to say. It's awkward and Eunbi is close to crying again from the stress of it all. The only good side being that she didn't have to go to work tomorrow. Or for another year or so. 

"I woke up two days ago. In my old dorm room, scared my roommate to death with all the screaming. Usually it's me calling her the idiot, but I might have seemed crazy to her. Talking about the future like that." Sakura said, frowning. "I went to check the accident site, nothing. The taxi driver isn't even working at the company yet. But then I hoped...maybe you had answers or at least could justify something at least. You remember it right? The future?"

"Yeah," She nods. "I remember." The Japanese woman narrows her eyes at her. "What?"

"You're taking this better than I thought you would."

Eunbi scof

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter