Chapter 4

Completely Smitten

Got it! I am so glad that I'm able to find Jiyong's calling card because I have no plan to go to his house. I'm staring at my phone for a while now and still don't know what to do. Actually I know what to do but I don't have the courage to do it. Bom already left because I don't want her to hear whatever I'm going to say to the father of my child.

 

I know it not fair to Jiyong. After two months, I am going to call him informing that I'm pregnant. I can imagine his reaction to that but not informing him that we was going to be a father is much more unfair.

 

If I'm in his shoes I'd rather know that I have a daughter than not knowing that there is a child who doesn't have a father because some didn't told him. I don't wanna die in this world not knowing that I have a child.

 

He will be the one to decide if he wants to fulfill being the father of my child. What's important now is to inform him. I know he will disown the child and worst he won't believe that he was the father. But that's not my problem anymore. I won't force him to be part of my baby's life if he doesnt want to.

 

But it was hard for me to dial his number. I can't decide what I will say first. I'm searching for the right word so he won't get shock but I think whatever I say the bottomline will still shock him. My hands are shaking while dialing his number. After two rings he answer his phone.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Good Afternoon, Can I speak with Jiyong, please?"

 

"This is Jiyong... Who is this please?"

 

"This is Sandara. Do you remember me?"

 

After a long silence I heard him laugh. "Of course! You are the beautiful lady I met in the club."

 

"Yes, Can we meet?" I realized that it's not right to tell him the news through a phone call. " I want to talk to you."

 

"Sure.sure. Where? When?"

 

"Tonight. Seven PM.if you are free?" When I hear his approval I told him the restaurant the I know. I look at the clock and it was already five PM. I'm so nervous but I need to get up and get done with this.

 

It only makes me more nervous when I saw Jiyong sitting in the corner of the restaurant. He smiled when he saw me.

 

I wear my wig because I don't know how will Jiyong react to my news so i come a little prepared. Nobody will know that it's me Dara of 2ne1. He order for us.

 

"You look pretty."

 

"Thank you."

 

He has big smile on his face. Maybe something's playing on his mind why I wanted to see him. I won't be surprised if i give him the wrong ideas. If I I were in his shoes I will be thinking the same thing no decent woman will do what I did.

 

"I'm glad you called up. It was a shame that I forgot to get your number. You have to pardon me, I was so drunk the night before and hangover the next day."

"It's all right."

"Well, what can I do for you?"

This is the chance that I need to tell him everything but I can't find my voice.Just say it. The longer it gets that longer your suffering. Say it now. He needs to know. I let out a deep sigh "Jiyong, I'm pregnant."

 

 

"Excuse me?"

 

"I'm pregnant."

 

His smile slowly fading from his face and he was starting to feel nervous "And..?"

 

"And you are the father."

 

He got so silent when he hear what I say. Then our order came. He was not moving to his seat it's like a fairy cast a spell to him. If we are in different situation I will laugh at him but I can't even smile now. Say something...anything...Please...

 

"How did you know that it's mine, no offense meant?"

 

I was not offended with his words. He doesn't know a thing about me except we had the first time we've met. " You're the only man I slept with."

 

"I see...I see..."

 

"You don't have any obligation with the baby. I just want you to know. I think it's only fair that you know."

 

He ignore what I said. " So, the doctor said you're pregnant?"

 

"No, I haven't been to any doctor yet."

 

"Then how did you know that you're pregnant?"

 

"I tried those home pregnancy tests available in drugstores."

 

"But those aren't doctors. That means, there's a posibility that you're not pregnant." He smiled when he said that."That's it. You're not a hundred percent sure that you are pregnant."

 

"But my friend said it's 100 percent accurate."

 

"Is she a doctor?"

 

"No."

 

"Then she can't say it's hundred percent accurate. Don't believe her."

 

I can't believe of what he just said. He's in denial and it's worst than me. I better not talk. He was silent too and I let him digest everything.

 

We both lose our appetite. " So when do you want us to go to the doctor?"

 

"I don't know. Monday? Are you coming?"

 

"Of course. I will pick you up."

 

"Okay." I'm glad he was willing to accompany me. "Maybe you're right. Maybe I'm not pregnant. You used a ,right?"

 

"What do you mean I used ?You told me not to."

 

"I did not."

 

"Yes, you did. You said something like, "Do it already."

 

"Which meant find the damn faster."

 

 

And then a long silence. They both made a mistake and now this is the result of that mistake. He get the bill then she remember that she have something important to tell him -- that she is Dara. Maybe I'll do it when we get the result.

 

"So, I will meet you on Monday?"

 

"Okay. Where will I pick you?"

 

"Let's meet at the hospital." and I told him the hospital of my ob-gyn. We agreed to meet there.

 

When I got home, I feel better because my worst case scenarion didn't happened. Maybe Jiyong realized that if my plan is to find a father for my baby I will not consider him. That I will never choose him. But it didn't let me sleep that night.

 

Monday. I went to the hospital to meet my doctor and Jiyong is already waiting for me at the lobby. I'm the second patient this morning. They wait for her name to be called. Jiyong come inside with me when they call me.

 

"What happened to your hair?" my doctor asked me but I just smiled at her. I told her the problem and she said that home pregnancy test kit is accurate. But if I want an ultrasound they can do it. I nod and she assist me to another room.Jiyong is still with us.There we saw the baby in my womb.

 

"There it is," the doctor said,"About two months old."

 

While looking at the monitor I felt some hapiness inside my heart. I can't take my eyes away. Even though the image is not clear I know that my baby is there because it was moving. Maybe that's the heart beat. There is life up in my stomach. Now I am officially a mother. How can I ever think of having a baby is a problem when I have all the means?

 

I look at Jiyong and he was looking at the monitor too. I can't read what's inside his head. Is he happy or not? Whatever his reaction I won't let it upset me. I choose to be happy. I talked to my doctor to know the things that I need to do and when will be my next check up.

 

Jiyong is still silent.

 

"Hey," I tap his shoulder.

 

"Huh?"

 

"I'll repeat you don't have any obligation with my baby. I just want to let you know."

 

He smile and stare at my face. "I bet you're going to be a wonderful mother. You seem like a very responsible person. You even want to handle my responsibility but, no, Ma'am. I am going to be your baby's daddy. And that's final. He held my hand.

 

She was touch of what he said.He was such a sweet guy. Oh I think I need to tell him who I am.

 

" I think there is something else you should know."

 

"What?" He look worried.

 

"Come." I lead him to my car. He look nervous. I removed my make up using a tissue paper, then I took of my wig. It makes his jaw drop. " I guess it really is a bit shocking to know that you knocked up a member of a 'sell-off' bunch of ahjummas that couldn't interest you anymore." I smile at him when I said that.

 

"You've got to be ting me," he said after few minutes. Any painter will have a hard time painting his face.