needles;

downfall° | winten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ten's legs ache once again upon waking up. His vision is fuzzy and he squints at the sun shining through the curtains. He looks around his hospital room, everything is the same as it was before he had gone to bed. Hearing the rattle of the doorknob, Ten looks to the door.

A thin, lanky nurse rolls a metal cart into the room, several vials and syringes spread across it in an organized manner. She smiles softly upon seeing the sickly man awake.

"Good morning Chittaphon, did you sleep well?" Her voice is soft, like bird singing songs of spring, though Ten hates it.

Ten hums, not bothering to respond verbally and not daring to look the brunette woman in the eyes. He hears the nurse sigh softly before she rolls the cart up to his bedside. Ten's eyes lay on the long needles, looking at the various liquids which would soon fill the syringes.

"Well, it's time for your morning injections..." The nurse speaks softly, awkwardly fumbling with one of the syringes as she feels the tense aura surrounding Ten. "Your breakfast will be served shortly after... Is there anything special you would like to eat today?"

Ten shakes his head, a low mumble escaping him as a small cough causes his throat to tickle, "Not- Not hungry..."

The nurse sighs once more, softly shaking her head. Her thin fingers gently find Ten's arm under his blankets, "Please relax your arm, it will hurt less."

She doesn't bother asking Ten to sit up, knowing well that he wouldn't listen to her no matter how nicely she asked. She pulls back a portion of the blanket, exposing his tan arm to the cool temperature of the hospital room, icy needle quickly slipping into his flesh as he receives the first of many injections. Ten's gaze lingers on anything but the needles in his arm, going from the stray hairs that poke out of the nurse's ponytail to counting the tiles of the false ceiling. This continues for a few minutes, silence sitting uncomfortably between the nurse and her patient before her voice breaks the awkward barrier.

"We're almost done Chittaphon, this is the last one." Her voice is nearly inaudible as she too busy focusing on injecting medicine into Ten's arm. 

She pulls the final needle out of his arm, almost slowly before speaking, "Are you sure there isn't anything special that you would like to eat for breakfast?"

"Not hungry." Ten replies dryly, a petal slowly pushing its way up his throat before he coughs, the petal landing beside his head on his pillow.

The nurse tuts quietly, fixing Ten's messy black hair with her delicate fingers before she quickly rearranges the cart and begins wheeling it out of the hospital room. Ten closes his eyes for a brief moment, opening them only to look around his room once more and close them, failing to notice the figure in the corner.

Feeling as if he's being watched, Ten opens his eyes once again.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter