How They Met

Runaway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Please re-read Runaway before reading this story of how they met. (Just to refresh your mind)

 

.............

 

Tsk.

 

Another boring professional business party and another tight, fake smile being made by me. I shift uncomfortably in my tight black dress and quietly hissed in pain as my ankle began to ache with these awful heels.

 

My parents had asked me to accompany them to this business event since I'll be the next successor.

 

How I wished I could be in my pajamas and cuddle with my stuffed animals.

 

"Meet my daughter Jennie Kim, isn't she beautiful?" My father asks. I mentally roll my eyes as I sent a tight smile while shaking the hands of irrelevant people who I know can care less of who I am and what I do.

 

They were once again flaunting me, most specifically my future success as the next CEO of their company to other erted business men and snobby business woman. It's rare to find a genuine person in these events. 

 

Since I could remember, as a child, I use to run around the office and act as if I was the owner of the whole building. So, one could say I practically grew up in the company. Which led the inevitability of becoming the next CEO.

 

 

 

"Yes, my daughter is the model of our company brand and will be the next CEO very soon." My mother proudly states as she tightens her hold on my fathers arm. My father chuckles lightly and gazes down at my mother very fondly. The sight had caused a small, actual genuine smile to be painted on my lips.

 

At least their love for each other is real.

 

I let out a breath as boredom was settling in and began to scan my dull eyes around the room.

 

Hmm, fake s, old creepy man, extremely young wife, beautiful giant doe eyes, erted drunk teen, annoying children, wait...

 

I slowly flicker my eyes back to the giant doe eyes from across the room and felt my breath hitch in the back of my throat. 

 

These pair of soft eyes were staring right back into mine with the rim of the champagne glass slightly pressed on her plump lips. Her eyes were completely focused on mine as she took a sip, causing my heart to double in rhythm as her gaze seemed so ghostly, so intense. It was as if the music in the room slowly faded and it was just me and this mysterious woman.

 

 

 

I swallow thickly and felt a blush creeping into my cheeks as the corner of the blonde beauty's lips lifted into a soft smile. 

 

This feeling was beyond unordinary. I couldn't look away, my heart was beating abnormally fast. 

 

Such a strange sensation. 

 

Who is this girl?

 

I was suddenly removed from this unknown trance as I heard a low scoff from my mother.

 

"The Manoban's are here." She mumbles out to my father and I. 

 

The Manobans.

 

They're also one of the top business companies. In short, my parents competition. Both the Manobans and the Kims companies are known to always be on top. Which led to a nasty, childish and completely unnecessary hatred to grow between the two. They act like children in my opinion. 

 

They have hated each other since I was born. They tried to raise me into hating them as well, but their company doesn't phase me one bit. Their company is their business and my company is mine. If they're at the top then they're at the top. Doesn't matter to me.

 

I furrow my eyebrows and look towards where she was staring and to my surprise the mysterious woman was standing right next the Manobans. The manobans turn towards my parents and send a heartless smile causing my  father to scowl lowly,

 

"They even brought their daughter." My mother clicks her tongue in annoyance,

 

"They did it out of spite after hearing Jennie would be attending this." I groan in annoyance and roll my eyes,

 

"Mom don't be so harsh. This is merely an innocent coincidence." I calmly state, not wanting to cause a scene. I then tilt my head to the side,

 

"Who's her daughter?" I ask. And, once again, to my utter surprise, my mother points to the blonde beauty. 

 

"Lalisa Manoban. Stay away from people like her." What a beautiful name for a beautiful girl. I furrow my eyebrows and stare at my mother in confusion.

 

"What do you mean people like her? What has she done?" I ask. My mother rolls her eyes,

 

"She refuses to become the next CEO and decided to follow her "dreams" in becoming a photographer. Pathetic." My mother replies with my father scoffing on the side,

 

"And her parents allowed that?" He asks. I stare at my mother and father slightly offended and felt a bubble of anger growing in my chest. 

 

My parents believe that dreams are simply dreams. And to face reality, you have to give it up. Especially if you want possess power and money.

 

How infuriating. They're lucky I actually enjoy what I do.

 

I roll my eyes and unconsciously flicker my eyes towards Lalisa who was once again  watching me from across the room with the remaining intensity. Not being able to handle her eyes, I had quickly looked away as my heart began to, once again, beat erratically.

 

However, because of my terrible luck, the Manobans seemed to be making their way towards us, including their daughter.

 

"Well if it isn't the Kims, how nice to see you." Marco Manoban greets with a smug smile. My father clenches his jaw while forging a look of contentment.

 

"Marco." He shortly says. My mother smirks while eyeing the daughter of the Manobans, who seemed to grow uncomfortable under my mothers judgement eyes. I began to scan the beautiful woman in front of me as well but more discreet.

 

From her yellow high waisted pants to her floral shirt that was tucked in and to her high pony tail with her bangs that shaped her face perfectly. I must say, she carries herself very nicely. 

 

"And who might this be?" She asks. I mentally roll my eyes towards her pettiness like tone.

 

"This is my lovely daughter. Isn't she beautiful?" The wife asks. Lisa rolls her slightly and looks over at me with an unreadable expression. We stare at each other for a moment, not knowing if we should greet or not. But not wanting to be rude, I smile kindly which seemed to catch her off guard. 

 

She slowly matches it causing a pink tinge to grow in my cheeks. I had hoped she didn't notice it, but considering a knowing glint shining her eyes, I knew other wise. My mother hums in response,

 

"Hmm quite." She says, not seeming to be genuine. Our parents then turn their attention away from us which left me at ease. I send Lalisa and apologetic smile and mouth 'sorry' for my mothers immaturity. She chuckles lightly and shrugs.

 

After a long awkward heated conversation between the two companies, we parted ways and I soon found myself speaking to an old man who has yet to realize that he has been repeating himself over and over again.

 

"You are very beautiful, what do you do?" He asks. I chuckle dryly and tighten my smile,

 

"Sir, you already asked me that." He stares at me for a silent moment then smiles,

 

"You are very beautiful, what do you do?" I blink once and clench my jaw,

 

"Again, sir, you've already asked me that." I respond. He smiles at me,

 

"oh Hello, whats your name? Where am I?" he asks. I sigh in defeat and proceeded to respond until I felt a soft lingering touch on my back causing shivers to go down my spine,

 

"Excuse me," a smooth voice whispers in my ear while passing by causing goosebumps to prickle my skin. I look behind me and s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter