Runaway

Runaway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

..................

 

"Jennie! Over here!" Hearing a familiar voice, I quickly looked up towards the sound and smiled while placing my phone back into my pocket and making my way towards my favorite duo.

 

"Hey girls!" I greet as I placed myself down across from them. We were at our favorite café that we would frequently meet at after our classes. 

 

"What's up?" Jisoo asks as she takes a sip from her coffee with Chaeng sending me a gentle smile before glancing outside the window with a pink tinge growing in her cheeks. 

 

Remembering the sight of their hands intertwined from under the table as I made my way towards them previously caused me to smirk knowingly.

 

After two years of being dense, having multiple, I mean, MULTIPLE, misunderstandings and hidden secrets, they finally admitted their feelings for each other. Thanks to me of course. And are now officially together.

 

"Nothing really, my parents are back from their business trip." I breathe out with an annoyed eye roll. My parents owned one of the biggest companies in Korea and were barely home. 

 

But, when they were home, I always feel trapped in a space that is suppose to be known as Home. But instead, it is known as Hell. I have no freedom what so ever. Jisoo groans in annoyance,

 

"Seriously? Couldn't they stay away just a little long—"

 

"Hey Jen? Isn't that the Manobans daughter?" Chaeyoung suddenly asks, pointing at a tall, blonde slender figure that stood across the street from the café. Jisoo and I look over to see the blonde girl crossing the road, nearing us with the same cold expression. I simply shrug and nod my head,

 

"Yeah it is." I casually respond while Jisoo eyed her intensely. 

 

"That girl does not know how to smile." Jisoo points out causing Chaeyoung and I to chuckle lightly. 

 

"What was her name again?" Chaeyoung asks. I unconsciously look over again to see her walking past the window that we were behind. For a second, as she walked by, our gazes met, but in the same instance we nonchalantly looked away and continued our business. 

 

I was told to avoid her at all cost by the two providers, aka my parents and so was she. Reason being, our parents were mortal enemies. 

 

Since I could remember, growing up, my parents and her parents companies were always at each other's throat. Always competing of which company will be the most successful one. Causing useless, childish and unnecessary hatred to grow.

 

I sigh and breath out,

 

"Her name's Lisa."

 

..............

 

I let out a long deep sigh and continued to glance over the time. 

 

2:24 AM

 

I groan in frustration and began to toss around in discomfort. I refused to fall asleep.

 

Why?

 

Because she was coming over.

 

Hearing a soft knock from my balcony however caused me to quickly sit up and smile at the sight of a familiar silhouette from outside my glass doors. 

 

I hastily hop off my bed and smoothened out my clothes with my heart beat doubling in rhythm. I nervously make my way towards my door and swiftly opened it, revealing my one and only girlfriend.

 

"Hi beautiful." She whispers with the corners of her lips lifting up into a smile that was only for me to see and me alone. I shyly open the door wider and smiled up at her as she entered my room, refusing to falter her gaze from mine.

 

"Hi Lisa." I whisper back. She turns around and closes the door before slowly facing me and taking steps closer. 

 

Because of the intensity of her brown eyes, I had quickly averted my eyes to the floor. But because of my shy action, Lisa had let out a y chuckle that escaped from her smooth, slender neck. She gently places her hooked finger under my chin and slowly lifts my gaze. 

 

"Don't look away. I want to see you." She softly says before placing both of her hands on my shoulders and trailing it down my bare arms, causing goosebumps to rise on my skin. No matter the years we've been together, I will never get use to her warm, soft touches. 

 

She takes my hand in hers and begins to drag us to the bed. Lisa seats herself at the edge of the bed and smiles up at me sheepishly while patting her thighs. I playfully roll my eyes and chuckle,

 

"Cheeky." I comment before taking a step closer and straddling her waist while locking my legs around her with my hands placed on her shoulders. She laughs lightly and wraps her arms around my back and buries her head at the crook of my neck. I smile softly and wrapped my arms around her neck and closed my eyes, loving the secured feeling I always feel when she holds me.

 

She places a soft kiss on my neck before inhaling deeply,

 

"God I missed you and your sweet scent." She whisper against my skin, causing me to shiver from her cool breath that lingered on my neck. I tighten my grip,

 

"I missed you two." I softly respond. It has only been a week since we last held each other but It had felt like a lifetime of not being able to see of feel her.

 

"I wished your parents weren't home yet." She whines. I pull away and place my hands on both of cheeks, smiling at her adorable little pout,

 

"I wished so too." I whisper, with a sad smile painted on my lips. It pained me to even be apart of her, and now that my parents were back for God knows how long, I just knew we would be separated again.

 

You see, I had met Lisa 3 years ago at a party that I was forced to attend with my parents that consisted of multiple different companies and of course, it included the Manobans company.

 

Through out the party, my parents were flaunting me, most specifically my success in school and, apparently, my looks. I was growing irritated by each passing second. 

 

That is, until my eyes had locked into a pair of giant doe eyes that seemed to be observing me from a distance for a while.

 

My parents had seen her and scoffed in annoyance, saying that I should stay away from a girl like her. And that she was a daughter of the Manobans. 

 

I obeyed but there was this strange feeling inside me that made me refuse to look away. My heart beat was beating abnormally fast. It was an unfamiliar sensation. And the moment she smiled at me, I knew I was hooked.

 

After a while I dec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter