Encounter

Sequel to Goodbye
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Five years and four months later

Yongsun, Wheein and Hyejin were currently in a shopping centre. Wheein wanted to buy some winter clothes and Hyejin just wanted to spend some more time with Wheein. The two were now officially a couple. Everybody seemed content with their coming-out. Their parents were delighted to hear the news directly from them. Wheeins parents were always pleased with Hyejin and Hyejins parents seemed to love Wheein just like their own daughter, so it was no wonder when the two of them announced that they were now together, as in dating. Yongsun was just looking for some new clothes, nothing special. She doesn’t like to spend money on expensive clothes, fully knowing, that she wouldn’t wear them that often. She loves gracefully and modest clothes, for example, a sweatshirt, or some blue or black jeans. Unlike Yongsun, Hyejin loves to spend money on high-fashion clothes and shoes. She had so many dresses, jackets, pants and shoes at home that she had to buy another wardrobe.

 

The newly-opened shopping-centre was a paradise for Hyejin. They had every shop that she loved and Wheein was in awe too, because her favorite candy shop was also built inside the mall.

 

After three hours of constant walking and looking at the boutiques the three of them were now very hungry so they decided on trying that new Chinese restaurant. The restaurant was very plain looking from the outside, but inside you could see, that the architects tried to show the guests every little detail. Dragons, snakes and other pets paintings could be seen on the ceiling. Everything was painted in red, the colour of luck in China. Sculptures in every corner and the tables were separated with wooden partitions. The whole restaurant looked like as if you were directly in China, in a Chinese restaurant. The waitresses and waiters were also Chinese, and the cook also seemed like a Chinese.

 

They served the best Chinese food, which you could have ever tasted. Your senses, they were all overstimulated. You could clearly taste the freshness of the sushi and the fish. They also served Korean and Japanese food, and it wasn’t surprising that the stuff could also speak other languages. Everybody was more than talented, and the food was served in traditional dishes.

 

The three best friends spent more than one hour in the restaurant and before they paid for their food they saw a very familiar figure sitting on a different table, two rows away from them. They could not believe their eyes. Were they really seeing her again? After so many years? And today of all days in this restaurant? This must be a joke, right? The universe was just playing tricks. That’s right, she couldn’t be here and now, too?

 

Yongsun was watching her from afar, not daring going closer to her. She felt anxious and guilty. She didn’t know why, but she was self-conscious. What if she embarrassed herself? What if she didn’t forgive me? What if she still hates me after all this time, after all, she left me without saying a single word? There was still a possibility that Moon Byulyi did forgive her, but that possibility was too small.

Wheein, on the other hand had other plans. She wanted to talk to her. To smile with her. To laugh with her again, after all, she had sent her some letters saying she wanted to apologize for everything she did. Wheein had forgiven her a long time ago since it was not her fault, to begin with. It was just not the right timing and maybe not the right person? Who knows? Just because

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter