Breaker of Hearts

Breaker of Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Good morning, class.”

 

“Good morning, Mr. Park.” The voices of his students sound energetic and cheerful. Friday is his class’s favorite day of the school week and that makes it Jinyoung’s favorite day as well. Everyone is fresh, bright-eyed, and buzzing with anticipation for the long-awaited weekend. No comparison can be made to the barely alive, grumpy kids he sees in his class every Monday.

 

“How is everyone today?”

 

“In desperate need of the weekend,” Yugyeom comments, followed by his usual cheeky snickering.

 

“Soon. Hold on for a bit longer.”

 

“Mr. Park, you don't want to be here, we don't want to be here. Why don't we part ways for today?” Jackson, the playful loud one, tries to bargain and actually seems to think that his cheap try has a chance of success.

 

“Jackson, sit down and shut up or I’ll inform your grandma about your inappropriate behavior and I know she’ll punish you according to Chinese tradition.”

 

“Ugh…. no fun at all.”

 

The door is yanked open and a very confused BamBam is showing up.

 

“Nice of you to join us as well, BamBam. And…ooohh…. it’s your earliest time showing up all week. Congratulations.”

 

“Thanks Mr. Park, I was trying really hard,” the boy says with a lazy smile on his face as he sluggishly makes his way to his regular seat.

 

“You look like you just fell out of bed. What’s with this hair?” The boy just keeps on smiling and shrugs slightly.

 

“You don’t look so fresh either, Mr. Park,” Youngjae tosses in, way too loud and cheekily smiling. Jinyoung is sure that together with Jackson he would be able to defeat a whole choir when it comes to sound intensity.

 

“Thank you for pointing that out, Youngjae, even though I didn’t ask for any appearance evaluation from my students.”

 

“Just sayin.”

 

“Yes, me too.”

 

“But he’s right, Mr. Park. Are you not feeling well today?” Hyejin asks. The girl looks him up and down with a serious expression on her face, examining him with sharp eyes through her rose rimmed glasses.

 

Jinyoung smiles at her, then at the rest of his students because suddenly they all look at him with troubled expressions. “No need to worry. I’m fine. I guess I’m in need of some free time as well, maybe not as much as our dear Yugyeom here, but still.”

 

His students start to snicker, the whiff of worry already forgotten as they are eyeing the sheepish looking Yugyeom.

 

Jinyoung doesn’t like to share this bit of information with his students but they aren’t wrong actually. He spent way too much time last night watching an interview with a certain model who he dislikes with a passion. Usually they say ignore who you don’t like and usually Jinyoung can follow that advice just fine but this is another case. This is something personal. He can’t ignore Mark Tuan, who once was his preschool crush who Jinyoung confessed to with all his innocent love and hopes in it, who shamelessly broke Jinyoung's heart and even laughed in his face while doing it, the Mark Tuan, who today is a famous and successful model. Jinyoung didn't meet him again after their preschool days but he never really did forget about him and the troubling memories which left such a deep impression on his toddler-mind. Mark was his first crush and his first big heartbreak.

 

It wouldn’t have been so bad if Mark would have just lived on as a normal commoner and simply submerged in the anonymity of the city, if he would have just stayed out of Jinyoung’s life. But no, that was apparently too much to ask. When Jinyoung was in his thriving teenage years he saw Mark’s pictures in a fashion magazine. To say he was surprised is the understatement of the century. Apparently it was his debut as a model and to Jinyoung’s horror that was only the start of Mark’s success story. There came more shootings, whole photo series, fashion shows, endorsement deals with famous brands, interviews, appearances in variety shows and so on. Soon Jinyoung couldn’t take a single step anymore without Mark Tuan content sliding into his field of vision. It was too much to ignore so Jinyoung did the exact opposite, he followed his career from the sidelines. He monitored every single success and every step up the career ladder which his former preschool friend made. Jinyoung begrudged him everything. Jaebeom says he’s obsessed with the model but what does he know? Nothing! Jinyoung just lives the concept of keeping your friends close, but your enemies closer.

 

The most annoying thing about all of this is that Mark Tuan's handsomeness is still increasing from year to year. He was a cute and cool kid but that’s no comparison to his looks today. Also Jinyoung hates that behind the pretty face and dazzling smile hides a nasty person who recklessly breaks hearts without any mercy. And nobody knows this fact as good as Jinyoung does. The whole country is cheering for him and nobody even assumes a single thing about his true personality.

 

“Mr. Park, can we watch a movie?” BamBam asks and snaps Jinyoung to attention with it.

 

“Why would we of all times watch a movie today?”

 

“Because it’s Friday?”

 

“You said yesterday it would be good to watch a movie because it was Thursday.”

 

“And I don’t think that I was wrong but you didn’t listen anyway.”

 

“And that’s how it goes today as well. Open your text books to page 241, please.”

 

A groan of general unwillingness travels through the room which has Jinyoung rolling his eyes. Not even the fact that it’s Friday can save him from their grumbling. Nevertheless he starts to teach the history lesson.

 

Only a few minutes into the topic he notices a whispered disturbance in the back of the class. From the corner of his eye he sees Jenna and Sowon discussing something while staring at the same phone screen. These girls are never quiet for longer than a minute, Jinyoung knows that, but he won’t get tired of calling them out.

 

“Ladies, I’m sure the recent history in your social media feed is much more interesting than my lesson, still I demand your attention here.”

 

Both girls are looking up and blink at him with round eyes. At least they have the decency to look a little sheepish after being caught red-handed.

 

“Yeah, so annoying. You never pay attention,” Jackson rants, smirking at their misfortune.

 

“Are you kidding me, Wang? You were sleeping until just now,” Sowon grumbles, pointing her manicured index finger at him accusingly.

 

“But we’re not talking about me. We’re talking about your recurrent chattering, right Mr. Park?”

 

“Basically yes, but we all know it's a success for you to stay awake during a lesson, Jackson. So why don't we try to reach your maximum level of achievement today? Are you with me?”

 

“Damn,” the boy in question mutters.

 

“HAH!” Sowon gloats now as she watches Jackson’s misfortune.

 

“Which doesn’t mean you’re off the hook, ladies,” Jinyoung clears up and immediately both of their faces twist in a grimace.

 

“HAH!”

 

“Jackson, shut up,” Jinyoung says listlessly and rolls his eyes.

 

“But Mr. Park, I’m not allowed to leave, I’m not allowed to sleep and I’m not allowed to talk? How to survive?”

 

“Try the concept of quietly listening and learning?” the teacher suggests.

 

“BUT HOW TO SURVIVE?”

 

“Jackson, shut up,” he repeats before he turns to the girls. “So do I have your attention now?”

 

Both girls are fidgeting in their seats, seeming uneasy and looking at each other with troubled eyes. Eventually Jenna can’t hold back anymore and blurts out what makes them this unsettled. “But Mr. Park, it’s an emergency!” She looks truly pitiful with her sad eyes and her jutted out bottom lip. Jinyoung hopes she’s overreacting like she usually tends to.

 

“And what would that be about?”

 

“We just got the news that Mark Tuan was seen with an actress and now all kinds of dating rumors are spreading,” Sowon explains, looking just as woeful as her friend next to her. Now Jinyoung can very well relate to their stirred up minds because his blood runs cold and his thoughts explode into a million tiny pieces.

 

“Mark Tuan? As in the famous model Mark Tuan?” Youngjae interrogates.

 

“Yes, THE Mark Tuan,” Sowon confirms.

 

“W-W-What? That can’t be right!” Jinyoung mutters and marches to the back of the class to snatch Jenna’s phone and have a look. And there it is, a photo of the said model and the actress, Hwang Yereum, standing close, facing each other, smiling at each other while they obviously have no idea that they are being watched. What a catastrophe! Jinyoung’s insides twist and churn at this sight. A heavy cloud of gloominess engulfs his mind. Why is a simple photo of this jerk, which isn't even proof of anything, effecting him so much?

 

“Tragic, right Mr. Park?” Jenna whines, seeking support in her despair.

 

“Uhm… it’s not a big thing because …yeah… whatever.”

 

“Just now you didn’t look like whatever at all, Mr. Park,” Yugyeom points out. “You looked like you wouldn’t be allowed to eat your favorite pie for the rest of your life anymore.” Great, all his usual composure vanished just by hearing a stupid rumor about that despicable guy. Just how weak of a person is he? Anyways, Jinyoung concludes that he should stop his inner scolding and try to save himself from the suspicion of his students. They never show any interest for his history lessons but as soon as it concerns gossip, they are all suddenly turning into Sherlock Holmes.

 

“What are you talking about? I couldn’t care less about this third-rate model boy and his liaisons.”

 

“Don’t say liaisons! It sounds like they would really have something going on,” Jenna wails and Sowon tries to soothe her by rubbing her shoulder, her eyes full of sympathy.

 

“But why does it concern you?”

 

“He can’t have a girlfriend,” she whines.

 

“Yeah, because Jenna wants to be his girlfriend,” Jackson explains, chuckling.

 

“Well, that certainly will never happen,” Hyejin comments businesslike. Yep, Jinyoung thinks, she never is one to sugarcoat things. Yugyeom and Jackson burst into laughter while Jenna yelps and Sowon looks like she wants to kill at least 50% of the people in the room right now.

 

“Can we all calm down, please?” Jinyoung tries to quieten them down even though his own emotions are acting very much contrary to his request.

 

“But Mr. Park, we can’t just continue like nothing happened.”

 

“Sowon, nothing DID happen.”

 

“Well, Mr. Park, Mark Tuan is a well-known idol these days with much influence. These rumors are probably discussed a lot in the media so it definitely is an event which might cause a historical impact and we just don’t know it yet.” He likes Hyejin very much because she’s clever and observing and can express herself well. But in situations like these her good qualities make his life 10 times harder.

 

“So what do you expect from me? That I disregard the curriculum to discuss the latest gossip about some celebrity?”

 

“Exactly!”

 

“YAS!”

 

“Who’s my favorite teacher? You’re my favorite teacher!”

 

Jinyoung rolls his eyes. He should have expected these reactions.

 

“Also you looked kind of interested as well, Mr. Park,” Youngjae chimes in. "But I couldn't figure out if it's because you're a fan as well or because you don't like him at all. You don't react like that when somebody doesn't matter to you." Yep, Jinyoung thinks, they are all back in their Sherlock Holmes mode. Like bloodhounds they sensed his secret and made it their mission to uncover everything.

 

Jinyoung sighs. “I might not be very fond of him, that’s true.” As expected, all eyes are on him now.

 

“Why?” Sowon simply asks.

 

“Personal reasons,” Jinyoung replies curtly.

 

This elicits a wave of oohs and aahs in the room. Jinyoung knows he only has fueled their curiosity and he wonders how he ended up in a situation like this when only minutes ago he was teaching history, like he also should be doing right now.

 

“He’s hot though,” BamBam tosses in without anyone asking for it. All the girls and Jackson start to squeal at that.

 

“BamBam, my kindred spirit, I feel you,” Jenna whines, almost starting to cry.

 

“Spirit? Why are you talking about ghosts now?” the boy wonders, looking confused.

 

“BamBam is right,” Yugyeom supports, entirely ignoring BamBam's confusion, “he’s hot and super cool in whatever he does. Also rumor has it that he works very professionally and he also is said to have a good personality.”

 

“That’s a lie.” Damn, that wasn’t planned, Jinyoung thinks, being already done with himself. It just slipped from his tongue but for sure it didn’t go unnoticed by the bloodhounds.

 

“That sounds like you know him personally,” Hyejin concludes and her narrowed eyes bore into him in the most unpleasant way.

 

“Yes, what’s up with that, Mr. Park?” Youngjae wants to know.

 

“If there’s any connection, you have to tell us!” Jenna demands while she’s bouncing in her seat.

 

“Right, you’re basically obligated to tell us!” BamBam pipes up. The usually sleepy looking boy seems way too excited now.

 

“Well, I’m not. My only obligation to you is to teach you history and that’s exactly what we will do now. I don’t want to see any mobile phones anymore and I don’t want to hear the name Mark Tuan from any of you.”

 

The onslaught of complaints is definitely something he expected. Anyway, he doesn’t want to share his humiliating preschool story with his students and he doesn’t want to discuss the private life of that dreadful person anymore either.

 

 

(●^o^●)

 

 

“Jaebeom, can you imagine? Can you? This odd actress, what would he see in her? I don’t think she’s anything special.” Jinyoung looks at his best friend pleadingly. He wants validation but Jaebeom just sighs for what feels like the hundredth time this evening.

 

He takes another swig from his beer bottle before he sighs again. “Jinyoung, why do you even care?”

 

“Because…. because it’s annoying!”

 

“Why? Why can’t you just ignore everything he does? It’s not like it would effect your life in any way.”

 

Jaebeom is way too level-headed. Usually Jinyoung appreciates this quality a lot but right now he wants right now he wants to together with him about that horrible person instead of discussing anything in a reasonable way. He empties his third beer and opens the fourth bottle before he replies. “I can’t, Jaebeom. I just want him to fail, only once would be enough, but look at him getting more recognition by the day. I can’t get over this so easily.”

 

“But the whole evening you were only whining about these new dating rumors and that this girl is not suitable for him and so on. No word about his career or anything.”

 

“Yeah, because you know all of this already, so why talk about it even more? But the dating rumors are a new aspect in this whole ordeal-“

 

“Still you talk like she’s not good enough for him while you’re usually going on about him not being worthy enough to breathe air. Explain!”

 

“I really don’t want to.”

 

“What?”

 

“Explain myself. I don’t want to do that.”

 

“You’re not making any sense but you probably know that.”

 

“I’m tipsy-“

 

“Don’t blame it on the alcohol! Nobody is going on and on and on about the same person without harboring any feelings for them. You can tell me, if you still like him, you know? No judging.”

 

“I don’t! He’s a jerk.”

 

Jaebeom sighs again. “Okay, let us just change the topic because this discussion is futile. How was school today?”

 

“Dreadful, all my students talked about Mark Tuan,” Jinyoung mutters.

 

Jaebeom sighs again. “You know what? We should just call it a day and you should go to bed.”

 

“No, I’m not done drinking yet. It’s Friday and I’m down and I didn’t drink enough yet to live up to those two facts.”

 

Jaebeom sighs again.

 

 

(●^o^●)

 

 

Jinyoung wakes up, feeling not good at all. His eyes are burning and his head is pounding and it feels like something furry lives on his tongue. Only after collecting himself he notices his phone's excited buzzing on his night stand. Groggily he reaches over to find out who calls him so early. Actually it’s not so early, he then realizes. It’s already noon.

 

His best friend's name is flashing across the display.

 

“Jaebeom, what's up?”

 

“What's up? What's up? You honestly ask me WHAT'S UP? ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR DAMN MIND?” Jinyoung has to pull the phone away from his ear to not have the full yelling power of Lim Jaebeom wrecking his ear drum.

 

“I don't know what's up but I just woke up and my head hurts and I don't need you to yell at me because I repeat: my head hurts.”

 

“You just woke up.... so you don't even know yet?”

 

“What are you talking about?” Jinyoung grumbles, slowly losing his patience.

 

“The tweet which you apparently posted last night-”

 

“Which tweet?”

 

“Oh my god you don't even ing remember?”

 

Jaebeom's tone of voice isn't good for Jinyoung's nerves. It makes him anxious and he wishes the other would just come out with whatever it is that's so scandalous that it deserves such an introduction. “Jaebeom, what is it?”

 

“You obviously drunk-tweeted last night.”

 

“What?”

 

“Wait, I specify. You obviously drunk-hate-tweeted last night.”

 

“I don't.... I mean I... I don't remember a single thing from last night, at least not after we said our goodbyes.”

 

“Seems like you had quite the entertaining time after that because you sent a freaking hate tweet to Mark Tuan's account.”

 

Jinyoung searches for air in his body. There must be some somewhere in his lungs. He knows he needs to breathe but nothing happens, the shock is too deep. “No, I didn't,” he gasps.

 

“Oh yes you did. And guess what, it totally blew up over night. Let me check, there are 276K retweets and 402K likes. You're kind of famous now.”

 

“You're kidding me.”

 

“I wish it would be like that.”

 

Jinyoung can't believe this. This isn't happening. His drunken state wasn't that bad, right? He would never have let himself do something this stupid, right? Despite the alcohol, the voice of reason must have still been lingering in the back of his mind, right?

 

“Jinyoung? Are you still there?”

 

“Y-Yes...... Jaebeom, w-what....... what did I write?”

 

“Okay, I'm gonna read it to you but don't freak out, okay?”

 

“So it's that bad... oh my god.”

 

“Just listen. 'You freaking jerk broke hearts since you can walk and you won't stop anytime soon. Also you laugh about your victim's pain and find joy in their misery! Everyone should beware of you!! I despise you, you damn trash-human ing mean bastard !!!!' Yep, well... that's it.”

 

“....”

 

“Jinyoung?”

 

“Please tell me that you are just kidding me and I didn't send that to Mark Tuan and the whole world knows. Please!”

 

“Sorry, that's how it is.”

 

“I want to ing die.”

 

“A lot of Mark Tuan supporters apparently want that, too.”

 

“Oh my god, they will find me and slaughter me. Jaebeom, what should I do? I have to delete it.”

 

“I assume it wouldn't change much anymore. I'm also worried because your students will see.”

 

“But... no wait, they won't know it's me. JigglypuffPiratePark could be anyone.”

 

“While that's true, you obviously forgot that your display picture is a very nice selfie and your face is clearly recognizable.”

 

“I..... really forgot that. Huh... guess that's a problem. Hey, how is my spelling in that tweet?”

 

“What?”

 

“I was drunk as heck so is it very embarrassing?”

 

“Nope, it's great. But could you please stop being a ing teacher and see what is going on here? Mark Tuan's agency could sue you, Jinyoung.”

 

“That's right. Okay, I'm going to delete that tweet and hope for the best for now. I will also stay in my apartment and hide for the whole weekend. And I hope everything is over next Monday.”

 

“That's wishful thinking but if it's helpful to maintain your sanity, please go ahead and believe this lie.”

 

“Ugh.”

 

“It might help, if you would tweet an apology.”

 

“I won't.”

 

“Jinyoung!”

 

“I don't want to apologize. I admit it wasn't the most thought-out statement but it wasn't wrong. And he probably doesn't even care anyway. In short, I don't want to do it.”

 

“You are so damn stubborn.”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Okay, I hang up now. But please message me once an hour so I know that nobody murdered you yet.”
 

“That's so sweet of you,” Jinyoung mumbles, every word loaded with sarcasm.

 

 

(●^o^●)

 

 

To be honest, Jinyoung is perceiving the extent of his great up only slowly. His mentions are skyrocketing. He only looks at a few before he gets an unpleasant feeling in his stomach. He dares to peek at his direct messages. There are some supporters who are congratulating him to his ‘cleverly phrased’ statement. Honestly, Jinyoung has no idea what about his onslaught of insults is supposed to be clever. The more he looks at his own doing, the more he is ashamed. However, the majority of his direct messages are straightforward threats, probably sent by dedicated members of the Mark Tuan fan club. After a couple of those messages the unpleasant feeling develops into a sick sensation rebelling in his insides. He closes his direct messages and trudges to his front door, making sure it’s properly locked because safety comes first.

 

Apparently it’s not only the number of retweets that is worrisome, also the amount of times his tweet has been quoted and commented on by people is a reason why this blew up so much. Even some celebrities felt the need to offer their opinions. It seems like the whole country wants to share some thoughts about this, and only one remains eerily quiet: Mark Tuan himself.

 

He’s sure it doesn’t make much of a difference but he deletes his tweet and changes his display picture to Jigglypuff. The rest of the weekend he tries to stay under the radar as much as possible and also he keeps himself away from twitter most of the time. Only occasionally he sneaks a peek to see if Mark reacted in any way. There’s nothing.

 

 

(●^o^●)

 

 

“Good morning class. I expect you to be as fresh as morning dew today.”

 

“It’s bitter when expectations are met with so much disappointment, Mr. Park,” Hyejin points out. This hurts even more because she looks at him with her ever so serious expression.

 

“Thank you for your report, Hyejin. That gives me the impression that you all are your usual, overly tired, social-media addicted corpse-selves who I see here every Monday. Nice,” Jinyoung says dryly.

 

It’s Monday and he came to school with the general plan of pretending nothing had happened over the weekend. It’s a vague plan but what choices does he have? There is at least a little hope left that

 

his students didn’t become aware of this scandalous tweet at all or

that they at least didn’t catch on to the fact that it was their own teacher who sent it or

that none of them miraculously had any internet over the past few days.

 

“It's so uncool to hate-tweet, Mr. Park,” Sowon grumbles. Apparently he hoped in vain.

 

“You just say that because you have the hots for Mark Tuan,” Jackson teases, way too loud for a Monday morning.

 

“Nooo,” the girl whines in response. “I mean, yes, I do, but it’s still super uncool.”

 

“It wouldn’t matter to you if Mr. Park would have hate-tweeted about Park Shinhye,” Jackson challenges.

 

“It would because it still would be uncool!”

 

“Okay, can everybody calm down?” Jinyoung asks, feeling already as tired as his students are looking.

 

“You even had your own face as display picture, Mr. Park,” Yugyeom points out. “Who does that when one hate-tweets?”

 

“I didn't really plan on it, Yugyeom.”

 

“And the username? JigglypuffPiratePark? So nerdy,” Youngjae laughs. Jinyoung sighs. It was too much to ask for them to ignore it, right? They won’t shut up about this until the day they graduate.

 

“Thanks for your evaluation, Youngjae. I’ll consider it.”

 

“Mr. Park, so far I thought you were… well not swag but at least decent, for a teacher I mean. But now… ugh,” Jenna finally whines. He was afraid of her wrath the most. Turns out she’s more crestfallen than angry. Jinyoung thinks he would have liked angry better.

 

“I’m sorry to have disappointed your swag expectations of me. Guess I won’t ever match your fave idol, huh? I’m just a teacher after all.”

 

“My fave Idol is Mark Tuan and you slandered him! I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU!” Okay, maybe crestfallen wasn’t that bad.

 

Jinyoung sighs once again, ruffles his hair and takes a seat on his desk to be closer to his students for the following talk. He just gives up his vague plan. It obviously isn’t working anyway.

 

“Okay kids, I admit I really screwed up. I wasn’t in my right mind while doing it. I’m truly sorry. And you’re right, it’s not cool at all to hate-tweet. It’s not cool to hate on other people in any way.”

 

His students solemnly nod along with his statement. “See, I told you there was something off with it, right? I told you he would come around, right?” Youngjae whispers, as always too loud, to the boy next to him. The thought of how much he had tarnished his own reputation in front of his students, pains Jinyoung the most. They obviously held him in high esteem before this happened and Jinyoung just hopes that he didn’t ruin every last bit of trust they had in him.

 

“So kids, what do you think? When will the world let me live this down?”

 

“The hate-tweet or the dumb twitter name?” Jackson asks. “For the first one I would say that there are enough things happening every day that this will be over for you after a week or two. But the name is inexcusable.”

 

Jinyoung rolls his eyes.

 

“Jackson is an idiot but he’s probably right,” Hyejin comments. In the background Jackson yelps, ready to start protesting but Hyejin just ignores him. “But why did you do it, Mr. Park? I mean we all got the message that you’re not the biggest fan of Mark Tuan but to resort to such measures is truly unusual for you.”

 

Jinyoung doesn’t want to risk them losing the last bit of respect they have for him so he absolutely won’t tell them that he was too hammered to think straight. “Sometimes you just do spur of the moment kind of things and regret it later. It happens even to adults. I hope this incident at least taught you to think things over before acting. It was definitely a lesson I learned once more from this.”

 

There’s nodding again.

 

“Mr. Park? Did Mark Tuan maybe contact you after this?” Youngjae asks carefully.

 

“Or his lawyer?” Sowon adds curiously.

 

Jinyoung at least has to smile about this. His students will forever remain a source of entertainment for him.

 

“Valid question, but no. So far only a couple of his die-hard fans threatened to stab me. But I didn’t get an official warning or something. It’s probably hard to identify a twitter user just like that. Also I doubt that his team cares enough about one single tweet to take legal action.”

 

“But it got huge,” Yugyeom disagrees in amazement.

 

“Still it was just one opinion among millions.” Jinyoung shrugs and slides off his desk to take a seat behind it. “Now that we discussed that matter, it’s time for our lovely history lesson.” The kids are groaning in hushed voices at that. Except Jackson and Youngjae. They will never learn what a hushed voice is.

 

Jinyoung opens his teaching materials. “Okay, is anyone awake enough to name the page we left off? Anyone? No? I thought so. Okay, please open to page 246. We will get to your homework later but first I want to discuss the following text with you.”

 

Jinyoung scans the page to start reading when he hears the familiar thud of the door. Without taking the trouble to look up he starts to utter one of his usual Monday greetings. “Good morning, BamBam. I guess you gave it your all last Friday so it’s fine to be 20 minutes late on Monday, right? Or did you actually forget that the weekend is over?”

 

Two things are tipping him off. The first one is the lack of response from the usual cheery boy. The second one are the sounds of gasps and tiny shrieks which are suddenly filling the class room.

 

That’s reason enough for Jinyoung to bother and finally look up. And when he beholds the guy standing in front of the closed door, he falls into line and also shrieks. In his class room, the one and only Mark Tuan is present. His eyes are fixing Jinyoung with an intense stare, face serious but so unreasonably handsome that he thinks all these photos in the magazines don’t live up to the real thing in the slightest. Not only is he handsome, no, he also looks so enticing, it should be illegal. In his gray ripped skinny jeans and his leather jacket over a dark green hoodie he looks like he fell right out of a movie. His blonde, styled hair doesn’t help in the slightest to let him appear more like a human instead of some divine being which stepped down from heaven just to kick Jinyoung’s .

 

Jinyoung faintly registers how somebody in the room whispers awestruck, “It’s freaking Mark Tuan.” And that did the trick. The breathless silence is broken by cheers and squeals and a lot of OH MY GODs.

 

The model takes his eyes off Jinyoung for the first time to let them flit around the roo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter