II

Well, it’s kinda complicated

Dahyun leans in. It is obvious Mina considers it for a second but then a subtle panic takes over so she stops Dahyun and holds her off by the right shoulder.

 

Chaeyoung and Tzuyu are just there across them, paused mid singing. Their mouths agape and eyes wide, frozen almost in a comical way.

 

Dahyun’s senses finally caught up, “Sorry” and she completely backs away. “I have to go pee.” Mina doesn’t say anything.

 

She heads to the toilet, unsteadily but as fast as she could that she almost collided with a not so sober Nayeon who was on her way out of the restroom. It was a bit of a struggle, the stall is cramped and she’s a little dizzy that she slightly fell forward and bumped her head on the door as she was about to sit down. Yes she’s regretting how she said it out loud and what she regrets more is that she even attempted to go lean in. She has been thinking about her feelings for Mina for some time now although it hasn’t crossed her mind that she would actually do something about it and not to mention this soon, but tonight she is inconveniently too honest. With her head buried in her hands, she contemplates how to go about it; she’s planning that she’d say sorry and own up to it and try her best not to make things weird. That’s the only way she can think of and it shouldn’t be that hard. She exits the stall, washes her hands, and tries to calm herself before she goes out. 

 

As she is walking back to their table someone grabs her hand and lightly pulls her, Dahyun turns and it’s Sana sitting with her friends. “Is it okay if we make out?” Sana flashes an annoyingly confident (yet adorable) smile. “It’s for a dare.” Sana explains as she gestures her head to the direction of her friends who are waiting expectantly at them. Apparently, they’re playing truth or dare and what a perfect coincidence that Dahyun was about to pass by.

 

She is caught off guard. She blinks twice, looks at Sana, and then her friends, and back to Sana. “Uh, yeah? Sure.” Dahyun answers, it was nearly just a mumble.

 

Dahyun immediately wants to take it back but Sana stood too quickly, too eager. She didn’t have time to react and the next thing she feels is a hand resting on her collarbone and her lower lip in between cold lips that seem to have just finished a bottle of chilled beer. A bit delayed in response but she’s liking it, lips parted and head angled. She pulls away for a second just before she tilts her head to the other side and this time takes in Sana’s bottom lip. A hand slides from the collarbone to the neck and then the nape to pull her in and she lets her. She was about to get lost in it, people are beginning to fade away, until Sana’s friends started egging them on and suddenly the crowd becomes overwhelming again so she draws back.

 

“You like to continue with this tonight?” Ironically, Sana said it in a very cute almost innocent way, she looks absolutely harmless.

“I don’t know.” Dahyun is not that drunk to impulsively respond but she does need some air, it’s getting stuffy. “I just want to get out of here.” She’s feeling a rush of emotions — first is embarrassment because of how she admitted her feelings out in the open then second, she’s upset about her thoughtless actions that made her friends uncomfortable it ruined the mood they’re supposed to have fun tonight, and lastly she feels or rather she is stupid for randomly making out with an acquaintance which Mina probably witnessed. She has to stop making a series of mindless decisions in just one night; it’s really not where she should be for now. But as she was about to walk away, Sana beats her to it and drags her by her wrist.

 

Mina’s been watching, unable to process how she’s feeling about it, so many questions in her head but she only managed to say a few of them out loud, “Should I text her? Call her?” She is visibly concerned that she can’t stay still in her seat. “Should I go after her?”

Chaeyoung is already ringing her phone. “She’s not picking up.” 

“She’ll be fine she knows Sana.” Tzuyu attempts to think of other options. “Just text her. Tell her to at least let us know where she’ll be.”

 

The atmosphere was better outside. “You said you wanted to get out.” Fresh air did help somehow. “So about that,” Sana sits on the bench and Dahyun follows beside her. “Are you still up for it?”

It is a very tempting offer probably for all the wrong reasons since her judgement is currently unreliable and her feelings are all over the place. “Okay, I find you hot and nice and all that but if it’s one of your party games then maybe not.” She is aware that she’s not in the most stable state to decide so she avoids any possible sign that’ll urge her to make another dumb choice tonight, she doesn’t even face Sana as they talk.

“I know you’re not dense, we’ve been flirting last semester.” They have been teasing each other — playful yet not entirely meaningless teasing. “And no, it’s not part of the game. So can you please notice me?” Sana whines as she pokes Dahyun’s cheek.

 

Dahyun is well aware of the obvious flirting they’ve had but she didn’t know it would eventually come to this point. She’s positive she was superficially interested in her like how she couldn’t help staring that one and only time she found Law on Partnerships and Corporations fascinating because Sana kept on her lips while reporting, but that’s all there is to it she doesn’t really know her that well. Dahyun finally spares her a glance. She did find Sana extremely attractive, just like now even when she’s pouty and bratty with her arms crossed, “I’m thinking about it okay.”

 

This will be nothing serious though — no strings attached, one night stand, they can call it what they want. She’s very much single and it’s not like she’s going to cheat on her crush that doesn’t like her back. There’s some major debate going on in her head, there is no point in refusing except that this is an unhealthy way of coping with rejection. But Dahyun can’t think straight right now because Sana just scooted closer. The tip of her nose barely touching her ear, she feels how Sana lets out a breath before tilting her head a bit to whisper dangerously close that it got her flustered more than it should, “My roommate won’t be home tonight.” She gives her earlobe a little tug, and that’s when Dahyun knew there is still enough time to screw up one more thing for the night.

 

 

Today is not the best day for her but she doesn’t mind so much now when she’s lying down on Sana’s bed straddled by the hip. It’s not so bad when she gets to run her hands from her knees up to her thighs right before settling on her waist. It’s getting good because Sana bends down to meet her and lands her lips squarely on hers and then nibbles her bottom lip before slipping her tongue. It’s even better when she inches up a hand to her chest and places her other hand in between Sana’s legs then lightly slides a finger. It’s really going great when Sana opens wider, props herself up a little by the elbow with her lips by her ear. She inserts a finger and Sana hums as she starts a rhythm with her hips, she whimpers as she inserts another one, she moans when she gives light circular pressure with her thumb. She surely doesn’t mind hearing Sana like this all night long either.

 

 

Dahyun wakes up and the first thing she sees is the familiar uniformed ceiling of the university’s dorm rooms. Sana is still asleep beside her.

 

Dahyun sits up and briefly scans the room, looking for her phone. She searches the bed and found it underneath the comforter with eleven missed calls and seven messages almost all from Chaeyoung so she shoots her a message, “I’m fine. Sorry didn’t call. I’m going back in a while.”

 

As she reaches for her top that was hanging by the foot of the bed, she slightly pulled the comforter with her and Sana stirs awake to this. Dahyun looks back at her, “Good morning.”

“It’s so early. It’s a Saturday.” Sana yawns. “Why are you up and ready to leave so early for?” Sana stretches and the comforter slides down, exposing her.

Dahyun takes a look for a good three seconds before answering. “My roommate is looking for me. And it’s already 2:00 in the afternoon.”

 

Dahyun checks her messages again and there’s nothing from Mina but there are four call logs from her. She can’t avoid Mina or the topic forever so it’s best to think of temporary solutions to this situation. She could send her a message but what would she say? And it might be rude to discuss it through text. She could wait for Monday when she has to inevitably face her but that would give her ten times the stress while she waits during the weekend. She settles for something in between and sends Mina a text, “Hi. I’m sorry. Let’s talk on Monday?”

 

“Thank you for last night, not just for your highly impressive bedroom skills” Dahyun puts on her shirt and combs her fingers through the tangles of her hair “You saved me” That’s somewhat dramatic. “So I owe you big time.”

“Saved you from what exactly?” Sana grins at her, intrigued.

Dahyun shamelessly tells her of how unfortunate her night was. Sana listens, amused of how interesting the night went for Dahyun that she can’t keep from laughing at how things turned unbelievably fast.

“Wow what a great timing!” Sana, still in a fit of giggles, hands Dahyun her phone. “We should exchange numbers for when you need help again.” Dahyun just laughs with her.

 

 

Chaeyoung is sitting on the bed waiting for her. And before she asks anything, Dahyun cuts in “I’m really sorry for not replying. And no I don’t want to talk about Mina yet.” She’s shy, thinking about it while sober makes it seem so cringey. “We’ll talk on Monday. I promise.”

“How about later during dinner?” They always have dinner together on weekends and she doesn’t want to explicitly refuse to hang out with them but she’s not ready at all. She needs a convincing lie as soon as possible or maybe an effective diversion from the topic.

“I slept with Sana.” Chaeyoung stays silent, waiting for any details. “And I’ll tell you about it soon but not now. I have plans with her today.” Chaeyoung just sighs as she plops down on her bed and drops the topic, she doesn’t have the energy to insist she’d rather catch up on sleep after a night of worrying about her roommate.

Dahyun takes her phone sends Sana a message, “Told my friends I will be at your place today. Just keep up with the lie thanks.” She gets a reply in a couple of minutes. “You can stop lying and just go here. I’m staying in anyways.”

 

 

It’s honestly not what Dahyun intended to do when she agreed but here she is. Trailing down kisses along Sana’s inner thigh leaving a couple of marks as she gets closer. Sana opens her legs more and Dahyun locks her down by the knees. She slowly grazes with her lower lip and Sana’s fingers grip her hair loosely while lightly pushing her head deeper. She with the flat of her tongue, Sana bucks her hip, she on it, and Sana makes a sultry groan. That’s their second night in a row.

 

 

There is a persistent knocking on the door; it’s getting louder as if the person is getting impatient. Sana finally stands up and gets the nearest piece of clothing, she runs to the door wearing Dahyun’s oversized pullover.

 

Dahyun sits ups and wraps herself with the comforter. She sees Nayeon walk in but she’s still disoriented from the sudden wake up call so she just sits there, sleepy and confused. “She’s your roommate?”

“No, my roommate went home for the weekend.” Sana picks up her own shirt and throws it to Dahyun for her to wear.

“Have you guys been doing it like since Friday night?” Nayeon is ready to make fun of them.

But neither of them answers. Sana picks up a couple of clothes and tosses Dahyun her sweatpants. “You can just stay here again, if you want?” Sana asks as she sits back on the bed “With Nayeon though.”

 

Dahyun spends the day with them while they do their own thing. Dahyun is drowning herself in sappy music as she overthinks all that could possibly happen tomorrow. Nayeon is too immersed in the drama she’s binge watching that she ugly cried at the last episode. Sana has been on her laptop editing a video commercial for her class, she hasn’t had a break since lunch and it’s starting to get on her nerves that she’s clicking her trackpad harder than necessary.

 

“You’re getting cranky.” Nayeon is trying to playfully annoy her. “Maybe Dahyun could help you with the stress.”

“As much as I want to go for a third night, I really have to finish this.” Sana keeps her attention fixed on her screen.

“It’s just 12:43am we have time.” Sana looks at her in mock disapproval. “Kidding! I have an early class later so I’m gonna go now.” 

“No goodbye kiss? Wha—” Dahyun got out of the room before she even hears the end of Nayeon’s joke.

 

 

Dahyun turns on the light, then she stops in her tracks — she wasn’t expecting her bed is occupied by Mina. She looks impossibly ethereal while sleeping with her cheek squished into the pillow, she just wants to cuddle her all night then wake her up with the softest boop on the nose.

But of all the scenarios she’s imagined, this is not one of them. She’s pretty much stunned and has no idea what to do.