02: T H E C A L L

The Story of Audrey Bang

Previously on The Story of Audrey Bang:

“It’s good to see you again.” Audrey smiles. Jeyoung pulls her into a hug. Andrew broke the moment,

“We’re going to dance now.” He said to JeYoung.

“Can I watch?” She said adorably.

Damn. Did she get hotter?

“Audrey-Unnie?” she pokes.

“Oh, yeah, what?”

“Can I help you dance?” she repeated herself.

What if she’s a really good dancer?

 

Continue: 

“Sure!” she smiles and nods. “I’m learning ‘Forever Young’ by BLACKPINK.”

“That’s my favorite dance.” Something about her eyes told Audrey she was lying, but she wanted to be with them so bad that she lied.

“Why don’t you show us it then?” Andrew tested. Audrey was distracted again, but this time by JeYoung’s outfit.

“Okay.” She scoffed, competitively. Andrew dragged Audrey to the couch so that they can watch her. He connects his phone to the speaker and starts the song. JeYoung lays down and rests on her elbow to start, she goes through the whole first chorus and verse without one mistake, her shoulder length hair looking like a shampoo commercial. When she was done she bowed and Andrew stopped the music, Audrey clapped like a child and Andy rolled his eyes.

“My turn!” Audrey hops up happily and gets into position, going through the first chorus with ease, struggling slightly at the verse, but figuring it out.

“Try it together.” Andrew restarted the music.

 

 They worked perfectly together, like two pieces of a puzzle, Audrey had no mistakes in the verse. Andrew secretly filmed all of their dances and sent them to LN.

 

y5ySh_-QyLpJWTG9V1LHkqIfhvgjZFidpDACLdswWt5GRXg2DFsfkh9svWqlCrWIhCB1fbRrFggfHSAOHZiXvo_3h_7nsK4Ak99YS3i9VoL23Og59ju9_bvPVXWWRXEkdKnb3rmf

 

‘They work great together, JeYoung seems more focused and Audrey makes no more mistakes.’

 

‘We have no one for her to work with.’ She messaged back about 5 minutes later as JeYoung was teaching Audrey their debut dance.

 

‘JeYoung, Luna, Cami, and Annie.’ he messaged back passive aggressively

‘Or me’ he added.

 

‘Send them all to my office.’

~Lee Niyeong Left.

 

  He exhaled and texted the girls.

~To: Cam!, Anni3, and Lun4~

 

‘I have good news and bad news. What do you guys want first.’ -Andie

 

‘Bad.’ -Anni3

 

‘Bad news?’ -Lun4

 

‘Bad TT” -Cam!

 

‘LN wants you in her office ASAP.’ -Andie

 

‘Oh no…’-Lun4

 

‘TT’ -Cam!

 

‘And the good news?’ -Anni3

 

‘She wants to see Audrey and JeYo too… only say good things, she might join you guys *Crossed fingers*’ -Andie

 

‘Or were being fired and she’s joining you... ‘ -Lun4

 

‘Shut it, Unnie^^’ -Anni3

 

  He told JeYo and Audrey, and they quickly rushed to LN office.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo.” Audrey made sure to bow 90 degrees as she walked in, this was her first time ever even seeing LN, and her Korean wasn’t great.

“Annyeong,” JeYoung said and bowed her head. All five of the girls were sat on the bench in front of Lara's desk.

“I apologize if I mess up my Korean,” Audrey said, in Korean, and Lara smiled kindly.

“That’s okay.” she responded, “Now, I brought you guys here to talk about a video.”

, Audrey thought. Ji-nim turned her phone around for us to see, it was the video Andrew had sent her.

“You guys work great together, what if you did every day?” Ji-nim says. Audrey barely understood, but by how much JeYoung gasped, she got the memo.

“Really? Like I’ll be a trainee?” Audrey says in English.

“And you might debut with ‘Chewing Gum’ (The four girls) or Bang Ah-No.” Ji-nim tried in English, Audrey was so happy. She hugged the girls. “Vocal lessons start tomorrow.”

“Thank you.” Audrey 90 degree bowed to her.  

 

  Afterward, Audrey ran as fast as she could to the dance room to tell Andrew.

“An-” she opened the door, but stopped, Andrew was gone and was replaced by about eight boys practicing, they all turned at once to see who had barged in.

“Oh, it’s Andrews sister.” a boy with peachy orange hair said with a smile, Audrey thought he was cute.

“How does everyone know me?” She walked in, a smile still plastered on her face.

“Oh, c’mon, you’re the biggest thing since Andrews high note in ‘Awkward Silence’.” another boy said. She ignored his comment.

“So… who are you guys?” She said, her smile drifting off.

“We’re,” the one with peach hair hesitated, “I hate saying it…” he laughed and looks towards another boy with green hair.

“Why?” Audrey giggled.

“Our name is ‘Doing Fine’, so when we say ‘We’re doing fine’ we sound stupid.” one of the shorter boys explained.

“Who came up with that, then?” Audrey asked.

“LNE.” The boy with green hair spoke up, he seemed to be the leader from his protective stance.

“Where did Andrew go?”

“How would we know?” One rudeboy said. She storms out and rushes to go get Andrew from his dorm.

 

{Space between the meeting of 'Doing Fine' and Vocal lessons will be added soon <3}

   

  “What if I had like an edgy stage name? Like… ‘daidreme’?” she says in a dramatic voice, “ No that’s Gamertag…” She said.

“Audrey, calm it.” Andrew laughed, as he opened the door to the practice room

“Oh c’mon, are you not even the slightest bit excited?!” The British accent she picked up in Brighton slightly spilled through as she grabbed his arm.

“Of course I am! But I’m not a baby who asks questions 24/7” He teases

“Hey! Yes, you do.”

“When?” He fought back. Her lips zip shut.

“I can’t believe you’re my vocal assistant.” She jokingly scoffs

“Hey, LN knows talent when she hears it.” He shrugs, she ignores him.

“Okay, I’m going to start.” She warns him, “This is ‘Loving is easy’.” and starts playing the piano.

“Loving is easy,” Her husky, about-to-crack, unique voice sings.

“You had me ed up.

It used to be so hard to see.

Yeah, loving is easy.” she starts to smile.

“Where everything’s perfect,

Please don’t change a single little thing for me.” Audrey is the type of singer where you can hear when they smile, it’s beautiful. Andrew sat back, closely listening.

“Listen, girl.

When you can’t even hide it,

And it didn’t take forever to find it.

I was all on my own,

Almost glad to be alone,

Until love came in, on time.” he joins in on the last line. She stops and looks at him, questioningly.

“Good,” he puts a finger up, “can you do a song with more, ummmm, poppy elements?”

“You mean my least favorite music?” She crosses her arms.

“Okay, try a rap.” He raises an eyebrow, and she stands up.

“I’d like to present ‘start line’ by Andrew Bang” she smiles, he covers his face, embarrassed.

 

“I’d like to start off this speech with a thank you to everyone that helped little Andy to grow up,” she points to herself, “I’m really glad to have you guys by my side

Teaching me the ways I should follow by,

Twenty years I’ll never forget you.

Started from playing with blocks,” she starts waving a finger around as her eyes shut, really focused on the rap,

“That were stored in a box,

Filled with legos and toy cars,

We all had enough.

But little Andy always waited till Santa would come,

Hoping to get a present that would fill up his heart,” she continued on, finishing perfectly, almost better than Andrew himself.

“How many songs have you written?” He asks out of nowhere. She thinks for a moment, then counts.

“A lot,” she answers. “About five of them are duets for me and you. Two for you, four as solos and one for ‘Chewing Gum’.”

“Show me a duet.” He smiles.

“Okay…” she opens her bag and files through her folders and pulls one out labeled ‘Songs.” She opens it and takes out a sheet of paper and hands it to Andrew, the top says ‘Happier’. She sits back at the piano and starts playing calmly. Her voice softer than earlier. You can tell this song means something to her. He joins in at the chorus like that paper tells him to. During the second verse, she can focus on the piano better because he sings. Then she joins for the second chorus. Their voices fit together perfectly, the bridge almost brought him to tears but he held back and kept his voice from shaking, and her last pre-chorus squeezed it out of him. Thankfully, the last chorus was easy, so he didn’t have to worry about his voice shaking. They finished in perfect harmony at the end and cheer each other on, claps break their success cheers.

“Good job,” LN says. Audrey quickly turns to face her and bow. Andrew joins. “Who wrote that?” she asks in Korean.

“I did.” Audrey smiles.

“Are you planning on giving it to Andrew, or introducing Chewing Gum to it?” Audrey didn’t know how to answer this.

“I was hoping on singing it with Andrew.” She said shyly. LN crossed her arms and walked out from the doorway.

“Show it to Chewing Gum.”

“With all due respect, Lara, The song means something to me and Andrew. And anyway, the girls are a much more peppy group,” she gestured with her hand a lot, “maybe I should debut solo and collab with Andrew.” Lara nodded in thought.

“You will train with Andrew, but no promises will be made,” the redhead waved a finger, “Oh, and you’re Korean has improved much.”

“Thank you.” she bows

 

   Andrew and Audrey continued training until midnight, running through dances and choreographing dances as well as working on her Korean.

“I wish I could go back in time and train with you.” He said on a late-night walk.

“I wish we were twins.” She nudged him.

“Yes, of course.”

“Do you know ‘Doing Fine’?” she asks

“Oh yeah, they’re great, except Jeun… he’s a .”

“Is he the tall one with dark hair and a square jaw?” She turns to him.

“Yeah.” He nods.

“Yeah, he’s a total douche.” He laughs at her.

“Have you heard them sing or seen them dance? They’re like gods.”

“The one with peach hair is so cute…” accidentally slips out of Audrey's mouth. Andrew stops walking and grabs her arm to stop her. She looks at him questionably.

“What, you think Tyson is cute?”

“What did I say?” she frowns.

“You said ‘The one with peach hair is so cute’.” he seemed slightly mad, Audrey found it cute but anyone else would find it terrifyingly y.

“What's wrong with him, is he like Japanese or something?” she joked at the wrong time.

“No…” he lets go of her, “He’s- He’s my biggest competition. He can hit my own high note better than me.”

That’s why he said I was the best thing since Andrews high note, he was making fun of Andrew… was he saying I was worse than him and Andrew?

“Okay, well if this helps, I think JeYoung’s hot.” She tries, He acts as if he’s been blown away by a huge gust of air.

“WHAT!” He jokes almost, she laughs.

“Was it obvious?” She shrugs. He scoffs,

“Are you kidding me? You got distracted by her profile twice.” She punches his arm.

“Shut up.” she rolls her eyes.

 

  

   The next few weeks went on, as usual, every day the same, Stretching and warm up, Vocal lessons, Dance lessons then Language lessons, usually followed by a live stream, a walk in the park or Audrey cooking dinner. Today they were live streaming.

“Hey, baba’s!” Andrew puts up a finger heart.

“I’m Audrey.” She smiles.

“And I’m Andrew.”

“We’re Bang!” they shoot the camera with finger guns. They try their best not to laugh, covering their mouths.

“We’re doing an English live stream today, for our international fans,” her Aussie accent even stronger than before, “and as a reminder for me and Andrew because it’s been so long.” she laughs

“How’s everyone’s day going so far?” Andrew asks and looks at the chat. Audrey gasps,

“We got a super chat! I’ll read it,” she picks up a mouse and clicks a few things, “aweeee, this is from Lana Anne from Australia, yes fellow Aussie,” she says in a sassy voice, “and she says ‘Thank you so much! You two are my biggest inspirations and help me go on every day with a smile, I’ve met friends because of you guys and I can’t imagine my life without you, can’t wait for Audrey's’ debut!!! Hope to meet you soon <3 AUSSIE LINE FOREVER!!!’!” Andrew makes a giant heart with his arms around his head and Audrey joins.
“See you soon, Lana!” She smiles. They answered many more questions and did a few challenges then they had to go.

 

AUDREY POV:

 I say goodnight to Andrew and start towards my room. I tidy up a bit. Then change into some comfy clothes, planning on watching a drama as I stretch before bed.


wd3-3P9Vnnu0192-_CX8RDEpAKi3l09V-Q7WNr30U4Xz6mcA09y18tMA30Leu3giEZLEK7gsoq-yDsqTzmCcs6zsN_jipRH7FWXdt-rf5EEx0eqzzwX1t-YsyK-KX2JPrFtG85hk

 My phone rings, stopping me from scouring through the channels. I pick my phone up from the pillow next to me and look at who it is. I don’t recognize the number. I know I shouldn’t answer… but-