01: T H E S T A R T

The Story of Audrey Bang

 

{I promise this story will get better! xoxox}

   “Hello, Bang fam.” Ah-no, a boy with dark shaggy hair and freckles, laughs as he starts a live stream. “I’m here with my little sister, Ah-de.” a small girl with dark hair, bangs, and freckles pops up into the corner of the screen.

“Hi,” she says quietly. Ah-no laughs at her. “My name is Ah-de, but you can call me Audrey.” she comes fully into the frame.

“And I’m Ah-no also known as Andrew,” he says in an announcer's voice. She smiles, trying not to laugh.

“And we are the Bangs!” they make a gun shape with their hands and soot the camera. They both break into extreme laughter.

“Why did you make me do that!” he scream laughs. She’s laughing too hard to speak.

 

9hDE1Ruo3SFxe_25xqAtLtRE7V3mWAguFxqpRs372nIxwA7Z9WSGHZ-rkRVrZ_Xu3ZwgUxPfmpUQDrKMy4ForaQ4u0tvG6OkzvcIxm3JuXYIxP7XhetdC-1HtXn4vGYkF-p76JxF

 

  After they calmed down they read a few fan comments.

“How’s Ah-mo?” Audrey reads a comment, Ah-mo (or Amber) is their older sister.

“Amber is good, she’s taking care of our nephew, who just started preschool and, she’s great.” Andrew smiles. Audrey jokingly snores. He lightly punches her arm.

 

“Why is Audrey back in Korea?” Audrey reads, “I came to see my brother! And for studies. I’ll only be here for about a month so, you won’t have to hear Ah-no complain about me very long.”  

 

 Andrew is a solo k-pop idol, he debuted last year after five years of training. Audrey is his little sister, she wants to become a trainee but has struggled to get into Andrews company because of her medical condition, she has pyloric which cause her to pass out easy, which is not ideal for someone who will be on stage tons. Her Korean also isn’t the best, her and Andrew were raised in Australia, though, she moved back to Korea for high school.

 

“How much younger is Ah-de?” Andrew reads, “Audrey is 17, so three years?” he looks to her for help. She nods.

 

“Is she a trainee?” He reads another. She frowns and shakes her head. “Don’t frown or you’ll get wrinkles like a caterpillar.” he quotes one of his own songs, Audreys least favorite lyric.

 

“Andy!” she pushes him over causing him to fall. She gasps. “Sorii.” She hides her face.



 

  Later that day Audrey posted a photo with Andrew on her Instagram. The comments blew up.

 

‘I saw you in the live stream! I thought it was a prank.’

‘What if they started a duo together’

‘I bet she’s a trainee, she lied.’

‘You’re so pretty! LNE needs to higher you’

‘<333333333’

‘The sibling duo we all need’

‘This needs to be a thing’

‘I thought they were dating until I saw the video xD’

‘She’s just using him for followers’

‘They look nothing alike’

‘What happened to Andrew xD’

‘SO CUTE! <3’

‘My new overall bias!’

‘I mean look at those visuals <3o<3’

 

  She gained thousands of followers overnight and got both hate and love on twitter. Andrew posted a video of her dancing to his twitter with the caption ‘i said I would show her the dance room for two minutes… this is worse than shopping xD’ he was joking of course, but fans were shocked by how good she could dance. The hashtag #LNERecruitAudrey started trending. Andrew posted a video of her singing as well, the hashtag went from trending to a news story in an instant.

 

  “The new revolutionary Audrey Bang, the amazing Andrew Bang’s little sister, has started to surface! After Andrew posted videos of her talents, fans of the two were enraged that she was not given the opportunity to train under LNE, the same entertainment industry her brother is under. Rumors that LN has something against Audrey have started as well as ones that other companies like YG, JYP, SM, and even BIG HIT are trying to get a hold of her.” one article summary says.

 

‘Guys, please calm down.’ Audrey tweeted one night. Fans responded with messages of love like- ‘no, you deserve to be with your brother #LNErecruitAudrey’ and ‘#LNErecruitAudrey were going to make it happen’ as well as a few hate.

 

‘I never said I wanted to be a trainee, let alone at LNE. there’s no need to attack LNE or any other industries. I’m focusing on my studies and other passions right now’ She said over a thread of tweets.

 

 About a week later the duo went live again.

“Hi, I’m Audrey.” She puts up finger hearts

“And I’m Andrew.” He smiles

“We are Bang!” they shoot finger guns at the camera. Fanboys and girls spam the comments with hearts, #LNERecruitAudrey, and screaming.

“So, we’re going live to talk about the recent ‘drama’ with me not becoming a trainee.” Audrey says hesitantly, “but, this live stream won’t be too serious, were also going to play Rock paper scissors (Bang version) and answer some questions. But first, we need to get the serious stuff out of the way.” Andrew looks at her, paying attention with every atom in his body, a few commentators point this out and say it’s adorable “I’m still not done with high school, and by the time I’m done I’ll be 18, and if I train long enough I’ll be 20 and by then Andy will be 23 and probably a senior. And anyway if I did become an idol I’d like to be in like a five-member girl group or something.” She pushes up her round, stylish glasses.

 

“Yeah, and she has Pyloric,” Andrew adds.

 

“Yeah, I mean I could work around that, but being an idol is not one of my biggest dreams. Growing up, of course, I wanted to be on stage. I and Andrew always performed puppet shows for our parents but, I want to be a writer and designer.” She uses her hands to talk a lot, a sign she might be lying, “If I got the opportunity to train under LNE I would totally take it, but, I don’t. So we shouldn’t force them too. I’m happy with the path that I’m taking and I’m incredibly proud of my brother for making his dreams come true.” Andrew gave her a side hug and fans start freaking out.

 

‘This is adorable.’

‘I’m sorry’

‘I still need at least one single from the Bangs xD’

‘Can you sing for us?’

 

  Audrey sees the last comment and gasps.

“Can I sing for them, Andy?” she asks him like a child asking her dad for a giant teddy bear.

“If you play the piano, you need practice.”

“Okay, I’ll get it.” she waddles out of frame and Andrew answers a few questions about upcoming events, his favorite food, and how his dog is doing. She comes back in about a minute later and sits her keyboard on the chair and sits on the ground, Andrew moves the camera so she is in the frame.

“Okay, guys what should I play?” She smiles and looks at the chat, waiting for answers. “The one in the video Ah-no posted?” she reads. She nodded and plays a chord to set up.

“Please don’t mess up,” she mumbles. Andrew laughs slightly. She starts vocalizing as she plays the opening chords, eventually starting the lyrics.

“Need a place to hide, but I can’t find one near

Wanna feel alive, but I can’t hide my fear.” Her voice Is unique, low like it’s about to crack at any second, but it never does. Her eyes are focused on her hands.

“Isn’t it lovely, all alone.

Heart made of glass, my mind of stone.

Tear me to pieces, skin to bone.

Hello, welcome home.”

Andrew harmonizes with her on some parts, their voices fitting together perfectly, and their Australian accents poking through at the perfect moments. His eyes closed as he leans against the couch they were previously sitting on, absorbed in the music and the meaningfulness of the lyrics. The lines switch over to Andrew and he performs his best, her only harmonizing on two lines. They finish the song and clap for themselves.

“When you have no friends,” she says and laughs at her own joke, he rolls his eyes.

 

‘Oh my god.’

‘*insert the ‘am I pargnet meme’ here*’

‘What a duo’

‘Cmon, how am I supposed to go onto a life without that now?’

‘I have internal bleeding’

‘A-R-T’

‘I have deceased’ they read and laugh at some reactions.

 

  After the live stream ended Audrey and Andrew sat down to have a conversation.

“Was what you said true?” He asked her, holding her hands.

“No, not at all, I really want to work with LNE, and especially you.” She shakes his hand with sincerity.

“If only you didn't-” he shook his head.

“Say it.”

“No! Listen, you will be a trainee, it’s not going to stop you.” he refers to her condition, “C’mon we're dancing, lets go.” he stands and pulls her hand, she reluctantly follows with a groan. Once they got downstairs and to the dance room Andrew reached towards the door handle, but before he could open the door it swung open. Four girls, about Audrey's age, flooded out. The instantly noticed Andrew,

“안녕” they bow. He bows back,

“Hello Luna, JeYoung, Annie and Cami.” He walked into the room, as they walked away.

“Who were they?” Audrey asks him. She recognized Jeyoung very vividly.

“They’re trainees who will debut together, Luna trained for three years and she’s the leader, Annie is the Maknae, she’s only trained for six months so far but she’s great.” Audrey purses her lips and nodes in thought, trying to remember who she is.

“Do they have a date?”

“No, maybe next year.” He avoids eye contact with Audrey. She was confused by this, Andrew usually always looked her straight in the eyes, out of respect and care.

“What’s wrong?” she asks him. He exhales

“I’m worried about you, Audge, what if your dreams never come true? I mean, mine did and I didn’t even want this. When we were little you wanted to dance and I wanted to be a doctor.” He says sadly. She stood there almost in shock.

“What?” she spoke finally, “You wanted to be a doctor!” she fell on the floor laughing.

“Hey! I’m smart!” he started tickling her, making her laugh even more.

“Okay! Okay!” she shouted and he stopped. “If we're going to dance wha-” The door opened, stopping her talking. One of the girls from earlier walked in.

“여기에 물을 남겼다,” she said as she picked up her water bottle.

“Oppa?” Audrey asked Andrew.

“She said she left her water.”

“Ohhhh.” She nodded then continued to walk to her.

“안녕,” Audrey said, knowing JeYoung was slightly younger, her memory fading back.

“Hello, I’m Park JeYoung.” she smiled. Audrey was shocked, they went to high school together in Texas and even lived with each other for sophomore year. How could she forget?

“Oh- I-I’m Bang Ah-de.”

“Of course,” she said with an adorable accent, “You’re my house sister.” she giggled

“It’s good to see you again.” Audrey smiles. Jeyoung pulls her into a hug. Andrew broke the moment,

“We’re going to dance now.” He said to JeYoung.

“Can I watch?” She said adorably.

Damn. Did she get hotter?

“Audrey-Unnie?” she pokes.

“Oh, yeah, what?”

“Can I help you dance?” she repeated herself.

What if she’s a really good dancer?