The Date

The Story In Which You Exist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Do you believe in fate?” Kibum looked over to him. They were sitting side by side, fingers on the grass, intertwined.

 

“No. My kind doesn’t believe in such things.” It was the truth. Vampires did not believe in fate.

 

Kibum looked up at the moon and smiled. “I do.” Jonghyun looked at his lover. Kibum’s gaze fell back on Jonghyun. “I think it was fate that brought us together.”

 

“If you say so.”

 

“Hey!”

 

Jonghyun tackled Kibum to the ground playfully. These were the days he cherished. His nose touched Kibum’s as he slowly closed the gap between them. His kisses were like liquid fire to him.

 

“I love you” a whisper.

 

“I love you, too” an answer.

 

-----

 

Red. The metallic smell. Everything was wrong.

 

His screams tore at his soul.

 

His tears shot at his heart.

 

“Jonghyun!”

 

A yell. Another scream.

 

Silence.

 

-----

 

It was noon by the time Jonghyun woke up. Tear stains littered his face.

 

Why are you torturing me like this, Kibum?

 

He was slowly growing frustrated with his dreams. What exactly did they mean?

 

He shook his head and got out of bed. It was a beautiful day outside, so he decided to go for a walk. Perhaps that would do him some good. Maybe acting more human would help him cope.

 

As he got ready, his mind strayed to his family. He briefly wondered where they were and how they were doing. He stopped communicating with them centuries ago. They did not approve of Kibum, so after many arguments and an attempted assassination of the human, he erased them from his life.

 

He hated them.

 

He decided on a late breakfast.

 

-----

 

Walking through the park, he noticed many families around. The afternoon was beautiful, so everyone was taking advantage of the nice weather. It was pretty crowded. He needed to get away if he wanted to catch his breakfast. He didn’t need an audience.

 

He quickly turned around, heading for a secluded area where he could watch and catch. It was pretty easy catching meals; using his ‘influence’ helped him lure humans.

 

Let’s just get this over with.

 

Bump

 

Something hot and wet fell in him.

 

“Yah! Watch where you’re going!”

 

Was he being..scolded by this human?

 

Maybe he should teach this human a lesson. He looked down to his coat and frowned. There was hot chocolate all over him. He didn’t particularly care for fashion, but this coat was pretty expensive. The dry cleaning will cost him a bit.

 

Money wasn’t the issue here. It was the fact that this human caught him in an irritated and hungry state.

 

Hands holding napkins then came into his view.

 

“Hold still, would you?” The frustrated human tried cleaning as best as he could. It wasn't working, however.

 

He looked up, ready to prey on this human. How dare he put his hands on him.

 

Eyes met eyes.

 

No. It can’t be.

 

“I’m just trying to help you. Look, I’m sorry, too. I wasn’t looking at where I was headed. Neither were you, apparently.”

 

His face..his eyes. It can’t be.

 

“Hey! Are you mute or something?” The human became uncomfortable under the other’s gaze. “Look, you’re starting to kind of creep me out. Can you not stare…?”

 

Jonghyun swallowed. It can’t be. He quickly saw the human squirming. “I apologize,” he started, not wanting to scare him off, “You just..remind me of someone.”

 

The boy in front of him frowned. “Okay, well. Cool. What can I do to help you with your coat? Hot chocolate might be hard to come off…” The boy’s frown deepened as he looked as if he were in deep thought. He was still a bit creeped out. The man in front of him looked a few years older-- he had perfect, lightly tanned skin, big eyes, plump lips, and his coat looked expensive. , he thought.

 

Jonghyun noticed the inner turmoil in the boy in front of him. “Don’t worry about it.” He took the napkins from the boys hands, his fingers making contact with the human’s.

 

It can’t be. But it is.

 

He felt the shock from the touch spread throughout his body.

 

It is him.

 

He stopped cleaning his coat and looked back up at the boy. Said boy was looking at him curiously.

 

“Are you sure? I can help pay for the dry cleaning..well part of it, anyways. I’m a college student, so I’m kind of broke. Your coat looks expensive, Mr…?”

 

“Jonghyun,” he stated. This felt like deja-vu.

 

“Jonghyun-ssi,” the boy tasted the name on his mouth. “I’m Kibum. Kim Kibum.”

 

It is him. How?

 

Was this what his Kibum was telling him in his dreams? Was he reborn? How?

 

Kibum looked at his phone. “Look, Jonghyun-ssi-”

 

“Just Jonghyun is fine.”

 

“Okay, Just Jonghyun,” Kibum started, “I’m running late to class. I need to go. Is there anything I can do….? I feel kind of bad..”

 

Jonghyun couldn’t let him go. He needed him. He glanced at the boy, eyes roaming his body. It’s him. “Instead of paying for my dry cleaning, how about you have a cup of coffee with me?” I have to have him.

 

Kibum scoffed. “Look, I don’t know if you’re a creep or something. And asking me out on a date is a bit creepy. I don’t even know you.”

 

But you do know me, Kibum.

 

“Well, you can always pay for my dry cleaning. This coat is Gucci, by the way.” Jonghyun grinned. He can give some lip back.

 

Rolling h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter