Two lies, one truth

My brother in law
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

eungri felt sick as he made his way to the grand room on the second floor. He desperately wanted to run away and drown himself in his own bitter mistakes. This was all he deserved - the awful taste suffocating him as he barely fought for his immoral life.

The room was luxurious, not an exception in the mansion, with a gorgeous balcony offering a picturesque view towards night time Seoul. The beautiful lights didn't distract Seungri and how could they when his father was walking around the room so angrily? His manners reminded Seungri of an anxious general before taking an important strategic decision. The oldest Lee stopped in front of the expensive globe and opened it so he could pour himself a glass of whiskey. Not good. Meanwhile Seungri's mother and sister while sitting on one of the light leather coaches right across Jerrica, all of them looking worried.

"Finally" the father hissed once Seungri and Jiyong entered the room.

The artist took the seat beside his future wife and Lee sat beside the traitor. He stared down Jem, wishing he could set her ablaze with just a look. How could Jerrica do this to her best friend and, most importantly, why? She was about to ruin not only Seungri's life but Jiyong's and Sooyoung's as well.

"As a lawyer I have my connections..." His father begun "And I managed to do my research on Jiyong's past."

His... Past? Seungri was genuinely confused. So this wasn't about him and Jem didn't do anything wrong?

"You researched my fiance?" Sooyoung's angry reaction was a pleasant surprise. The perfect daughter was finally standing up against her father "I never asked for this. Why would you research him?"

"You would thank me when you hear what I have to say, little dove." Lee was smiling devilishly and his son felt sick all over again

Seungri's eyes met Jiyong's worried ones. He desperately wanted to hold Kwon's hand buy it was already taken by his fiancé.

"Jiyong was married two times before he met you."

Seungri choked. His mother gasped. Jerrica tensed up in her seat. Ri never imagined his sister's marriage would end up before it had begun. But he was even more surprised at Sooyoung's lack of reaction. She looked as graceful and composed as ever, pearl earings shining under the crystal lights.

"I knew this. It's between me and Jiyong. It's none of your business."

Shock after shock, Seungri was about to have a heart attack. He never imagined Sooyoung was the type of girl to settle for a third hand husband. This man had managed to change the pretentious princess so much that she was unrecognizable. Yet Seungri was also hurt. It finally hit him- he knew Jiyong just for a week while he shared so many memories with Soo. He held her hand oh so tightly, reminding Ri that he wasn't the first choice but something the situation was asking for. He was the perfect little toy to Jiyong, silent and obedient, while Sooyoung was the wife. He never thought about their strong bond before and it broke his heart. Too bad he was already falling for the artist and there was no going back.

"Won't you at least explain?" Mrs. Lee was on the verge tears, obviously disturbed by this huge secret

"The first time I got married I was young and foolish. I was seventeen. It happened with my mother's allowance, of course." Jiyong let out a heart broken sigh as he narrowed his caramel eyes "We were just kids madly in love.  We were dating for three years and we thought it would last forever." A low, bitter chuckle escaped his lips "Of course, it didn't. We broke up after graduating. My mother should've never let me do this."

The room was quiet as everyone got into Jiyong's story. This man simply had his way with words. Seungri's heart ached because he didn't know all those things about Jiyong. But how could he? They never spoke, the only talking they did was ing.

"The second time I had a serious girlfriend of three years. When she heard about my high school romance she freaked out and didn't stop nagging until we got married. Jealously, I guess. She forced me into doing it by saying she would leave me if we didn't get married." A dramatic sniff echoed through the room "I caught her cheating two months later."

No one dared to say anything, probably because there were no words left. Even Mr. Lee didn't expect such a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter