3. (bonus)

rain will make the flowers grow

IMG-7143

A/N: I had different plans for this chapter, but it took a turn while it was being written down lol. Takes place after chapter 2.


Seungwan hands Seulgi, Sooyoung, and Yerim three giant paper bags filled with leftovers from their housewarming dinner. It’s almost midnight, and they’ve all just finished catching up on each other’s lives for the past few years.
 

Sooyoung has been working on more dramas, as well as singing their OSTs. Yerim has been working on producing music and writing lyrics for other artists, and Seulgi has been working on a solo album and teaching choreography to SM trainees.
 

After just a few hours, it almost feels like all of them have never been apart for more than a few weeks. The chemistry is still there, which Joohyun isn’t surprised about. Years of friendship have made them become in-tune with each other, comfortable in a way that makes them not just feel like they’re a part of a girl group, but also a family.
 

After nonstop promises to visit whenever they’re free, they say their goodbyes for the night. Seulgi and Yerim are already out the door, and Sooyoung is buttoning up her coat. Sooyoung waves one last goodbye, and Joohyun hesitates by the door, looking at her own keys on the end table. Seungwan notices, and her eyebrows furrow. “You’re leaving too?”
 

“I…uh…”
 

Seungwan catches a smirk and wink coming from Sooyoung before the latter shuts the door behind her, leaving Joohyun and Seungwan alone.
 

“I-I thought…I didn’t want to overstay my welcome,” Joohyun stutters, doubt showing on her face. She’s been spending the whole of two days with Seungwan already, and even though she thinks that it isn’t enough – not even in the slightest – she’s not sure about what Seungwan feels about it.
 

Her doubts are erased when Seungwan scoffs in disbelief before taking Joohyun’s hand and intertwining their fingers together, pulling her closer. “You’re not, unnie. This…we…I’ve dreamt about this for so long that sometimes, I still can’t believe this is real,” she says quietly. But then uncertainty clouds her features, and her fingers loosen their hold. “Unless you need to go home? I’m sorry if I- “
 

Joohyun doesn’t even think twice before tightening her hold and pulling Seungwan further into the living room. “Meh.”
 

Seungwan lets herself be led around, laughing at Joohyun’s very eloquent response. “’Meh?’”
 

Joohyun spins around, letting go of Seungwan’s hand in order to hold on to her cheeks. She leans in, eyes sparkling with mirth and affection. “Meh,” she repeats, softly, teasingly, before closing her eyes and giving Seungwan a kiss.
 

Seungwan sighs happily against Joohyun’s lips, knowing they won’t get interrupted this time. She gets gently pushed onto the couch as Joohyun straddles her hips, and their lips lock once more.

 

***

 

Later when they’re in Seungwan’s bed, bodies wrapped comfortably around each other, Joohyun finally takes a good look around Seungwan’s bedroom.
 

What she sees makes her inhale sharply, her body freezing in Seungwan’s arms. Even in such a relaxed, sleepy state, Seungwan notices. She blinks down at Joohyun, and her eyes widen in panic when she sees the older woman’s eyes sparkling with unshed tears.
 

“Hey…” Seungwan coaxes, worried.
 

Joohyun looks up at her, her face unreadable until she gives Seungwan a deep kiss, trying to pour all her emotions into it. Instinctively, Seungwan kisses back, although she’s still confused at Joohyun’s sudden actions.
 

They kiss until they’re both breathless, and once their lips separate, Joohyun immediately buries her face in Seungwan’s neck, hugging her fiercely.
 

“Hyun…”
 

The term of endearment makes Joohyun tear up again, but she fights it back. Finally, she takes a shaky breath and explains. “You…you brought your things here.”
 

Seungwan pauses, eyes scanning the dimly lit room. She did bring a lot of things from Canada, both old and new: a few pictures of her family and the members, some books, and of course, Manen. Still, she’s not quite sure what Joohyun is pertaining to.
 

“I thought that you didn’t bring anything with you, that maybe you…you wouldn’t stay for a while.”
 

And with that, Seungwan understands. “Honestly? I would have only stayed for a few weeks. Months, maybe. But now…”
 

Joohyun dislodges herself from Seungwan’s neck and pulls back, wanting to look Seungwan in the eyes when she answers. “…Now what?” She prompts hopefully, her heart in her eyes.
 

Seungwan smiles and leans in for a soft kiss. “Now, I’ll stay for as long as you’ll have me.”
 

“It’s going to be a really long while then, Seungwan-ah,” Joohyun teasingly threatens, yet Seungwan thinks Joohyun’s smile has never looked more beautiful.
 

She hums in agreement, cuddling Joohyun again. “Good thing I brought Manen with me, then,” she jokes.


 

A/N: This AU is way too fun to write hahaha