2. (bonus)

rain will make the flowers grow

kimyerim

A/N: I expected this part to have a mellow/soft mood all throughout, but then my brain rallied and then my fluff-crack brain invaded too. And now what we have is this mess of a chapter TT Still...Happy WenRene Day!


Joohyun takes a curious look around, admiring the cream-colored walls of Seungwan’s living room. The younger woman purchased this apartment a week before she came back to Seoul, and if Joohyun didn’t know that she had bought the place fully furnished, she would have thought that Seungwan designed the place herself.
 

The room is filled with subdued tones of beige, white, and gray, save for the kitchen Seungwan is currently working in, which has cheery sky-blue walls that makes it look brighter than the rest of the area.
 

Although fully furnished, the room lacks objects and paraphernalia that would give it the touch of individuality Seungwan usually displays in her previous bedrooms. There are no books nor pictures about, nor anything that Seungwan would have brought from Canada with her to decorate the place. And even though promises were made between them these past two days, Joohyun cannot help but feel a wary sense of unease begin to pool at the pit of her stomach.
 

What if Seungwan didn’t come to Korea to stay? What if she’s going to leave again?
 

These questions bubble up , but she tamps it down, afraid to find out the answers to them.
 

She quietly makes her way back to the kitchen, and Joohyun knows it’s rude to stare, but she can’t stop her eyes from drinking in Seungwan’s entirety, from her brows furrowed in concentration, to the sharp slope of her nose, to her dexterous hands that are chopping a variety of vegetables for their dinner tonight.
 

God, she still can’t quite believe she’s hers.
 

As if sensing her presence, Seungwan looks up at her, a smile blooming on her face upon seeing Joohyun. But it quickly falters, a frown of concern replacing it as she sees the apprehension in Joohyun’s eyes. “You okay?”
 

Joohyun hates that she made Seungwan worry, so she shakes her head and musters a smile.
 

Seungwan isn’t having any of it, though, and she stops chopping altogether as she gives Joohyun her undivided attention. “What’s wrong, unnie?”
 

Joohyun’s heart thumps at the gentle tone of Seungwan’s voice, laced with so much care which she still doesn’t think she deserves. “I…” She swallows and tries to replace her fear with courage. No more running, remember? She takes a few steps back and starts slow. “Why did you come back to Korea?” she asks Seungwan.
 

Seungwan blinks at the abrupt question, but she takes it in stride. “I…don’t really know. It’s a lot of things, I guess. I think I just missed Korea, the cities, the food…”
 

Joohyun hangs on to every word in anticipation, but when what she wishes to hear doesn’t come, she’s a little disappointed. However, maybe the courage she garnered also drives her to be a little shameless, because she prompts, “What about me?” She tries to play it off with a teasing lilt to her voice, but she doesn’t think she’s fooling anyone when hope bleeds from every word.
 

Seungwan chuckles, and Joohyun’s gut clenches, bracing for the hurt. But then Seungwan’s eyes brim with honest sincerity as she looks at her. “I’ve always missed you, unnie. It’s not something new,” she replies. “If I acted on it, I would have come back a long time ago.”
 

If Joohyun had hidden her fear beneath her courage, then Seungwan sought the former out and replaced it with her sincerity and love.
 

Drawn to her like a magnet, Joohyun moves closer until she can count the sparse freckles on Seungwan’s cheeks. Seungwan smiles at her and resumes her dicing of the tomatoes, seemingly unaware of the impact her words just had on Joohyun.
 

I love you, Joohyun wants to say. But her momentary courage recedes, and instead, she asks, “What can I do to help?”
 

“Hm. Just stay there. I like it when you’re near.”
 

“I forgot how cheesy you could be.” Joohyun laughs affectionately, then settles for honesty. “I never told you how much I liked it, though.”
 

Seungwan’s eyebrows lift in surprise. “Really?”
 

“Except when you used it on the other members.”
 

With that, Seungwan laughs loudly, amused by Joohyun’s covert jealousy. “Well, I mean, it would have been too obvious to single you out, you know?” she explains.
 

Joohyun gets distracted by the strands of hair falling across Seungwan’s eyes, and gently reaches up to tuck them behind her ear. “Yeah, well, now you can, okay?”
 

Seungwan meets her eyes, the former’s glinting with amusement and a sort of playfulness that leaves Joohyun breathless. “Single you out? But you’re already taken.”
 

Joohyun closes her eyes, groaning in agony as Seungwan’s laughter bounces off the walls. She opens them again just as Seungwan leans in for a contrite, chaste kiss that makes unbidden butterflies erupt in her stomach.
 

Still, Seungwan smirks as she leans back, seemingly so proud of her joke that Joohyun just can’t take it, and she yanks her back in by the collar for a proper kiss.
 

She hears the knife clatter on the chopping board just as Seungwan trails ardent hands along her sides, before one comes up to the back of her neck to pull her in closer, guiding their lips to slot against each other in perfection.
 

In the back of Joohyun’s mind, she realizes how their usual banter may aptly be regarded as , and how the hell did I have so much self-control when I could have so rightfully kissed her all those years ago?
 

It’s then that Seungwan into with her tongue, impatient in all the right ways, and Joohyun’s mind just full-on blanks out as she moans, her hands in Seungwan’s shirt.
 

Joohyun’s ears are buzzing with the amount of sheer passion in their actions that it’s a miracle that she even hears the doorbell ring on the visitor’s third try. Not that she’s going to acknowledge it at all.
 

But reluctantly, Seungwan pulls away from her, having finally heard the doorbell too, and Joohyun can’t stop the whine that escapes her lips.
 

They’re both panting, cheeks flushed with desire, and Joohyun can’t look away from Seungwan’s kiss-swollen lips. Even as she continues to stare, her voice drops to subzero temperatures as she says, “That person better be dying or dead.”
 

“…You’re really scary sometimes.” Seungwan chuckles shakily, eyes transfixed on Joohyun’s lips too, but she shakes her head and takes a step back, trying to compose herself as she walks towards the door.
 

Seungwan opens it to find Sooyoung, Seulgi, and Yerim on the other side, all fixing her with curious glances as they say their hellos.
 

“Did you not hear the doorbell, unnie?” Sooyoung asks, already ing her coat as she takes a look around Seungwan’s new apartment.
 

“I…yeah. Sorry,” is all she says. Seungwan realizes no plausible excuses can be made other than the genuine reason for their momentary deafness.
 

“Oh! Joohyun-unnie! You’re here already,” Sooyoung remarks in surprise.
 

Seungwan turns her head quickly to look at Joohyun standing by the kitchen doorway, cheeks now a normal color, but her slightly swollen lips and the poorly-concealed murderous glint in her eyes give her away. Give them away. Especially to one very perceptive Park Sooyoung.
 

“Wait…did we- what were you- “ She whips her head to the more transparent Seungwan, who has turned a fine shade of guilty pink. “Oh my god. OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD ARE YOU- ING FINALLY!”
 

“Yah, Park Sooyoung!” Seungwan scolds, even as she turns another shade redder.
 

“Unnie.” Sooyoung strides back to Seungwan and shakes her shoulders, looking her in the eye as she grins. “ing. Finally.”
 

Seungwan can’t help but chuckle, a wide smile spreading across her face and happiness shining in her eyes. “I know, right?” she murmurs, but Joohyun hears it, and she looks down at her feet, trying not to smile too.
 

“Wait, what?” Seulgi looks at all of them, a little confused.
 

Sooyoung spreads her joy through Seulgi, giving her shoulders a shake too. “Seulgie-unnie!!!!!!”
 

“Huh?” Seulgi tries to pick up on all the clues in the room, turning from one person to another, and finally, something clicks. “Oh. OH. You mean? Really?! ing finally, then!” She cheers, making all of them laugh.
 

Seungwan and Joohyun both shake their head, but when their eyes meet across the room, they’re wearing matching grins that threaten to split their faces in half.
 

Yerim, who has been quiet all throughout the exchange, finds her chance. “They’re ing, finally,” she whispers loudly to Sooyoung.
 

“YAH, KIM YERIM! I heard that!”

 


A/N: I couldn't sleep the other night and ended up brainstorming 3 more unnecessarily fluffy chapters for this AU. Sooooooo I pray to all the gods and demigods that I'll be able to write them. HAHA I hope you enjoyed!