Three

In the name of love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I sighed in content and Hyewon groaned. Momentarily abandoning her task of tangling pasta with a folk. 
“Oh, will you ever stop? I've heard you sigh too often I getting sick of it". I sighed contently again. "Are you listening or are you off in la-la land?”. Ignoring her, I looked at my phone dreamingly and spoke absentmindedly. "You just don't get it".


It had been 2 weeks since I exchanged contacts with Minju. Ever since then, I often found myself staring at it in wonder. Burgeon sighed this time. 
“When are you gonna actually go on this lunch date with her?”. “... soon. I just have to finish all the assignments that I promised first. Deadlines are coming up". Hyewon pointed her folk at me. "Bull . And it's 3 not 5". That finally tore my eyes from the phone. "I’ve done one and Yena is wrapping up the other one right now". Gasping, I felt tears b my eyes. “You guys are the best! I don't deserve you!". 
Hyewon and Yena, my besties for life saw my agony of having 5 extra assignments and asked about all the details. I wan't just thinking they'd do this for me. She shrugged. "That you don't but I'm willing to settle the matter with those mouthwatering desserts. They have this signature Dutch apple pie today!”. My wallet cried hearing it. Her eyes travelled to the dessert showcase. Deciding what she would be having later, she smiled happily and focused her attention back on me.


“Are you chickened out?”. "What?" I gave her a confused look. "You are busy, I get that. But you haven't even texted her anything about the lunch”. “W- well, not yet. I just thought I'd better do all the upcoming assignments first". Hyewon wasn't buying none of it. “You are evading it. You are evading because you are afraid that whatever was possessed on her to agree on the lunch date that day could be gone and she would cancel the whole shenanigans entirely". Hyewon’s words stubbed me. I took a huge gulp of water. Despite the liquid, felt suddenly dry. “I don’t know what you are talking about”, I poured another glass of water and finished it in one go. Hyewon’s silent stare was weighing down on me, commanding me to come clean. I was toast and I knew it.

“Alright, yes! Because she talked to me for a few minutes when we exchanged our numbers! She. ing. Talked. To. Me! And no one ever made me feel like a few minutes could be so heavenly! What if she finally realized I'm just me and changed her mind for real?!! She probably wouldn't even show up on the lunch date because why would she really?There's nothing wrong with me wanting to keep this precious memory with her untouched!!”

I sped through in one breath, heaving in the end for air. Hyewon cackled, resting her folk on the plate and leaned forward to pat my head. “There there, it wasn't that bad, was it? Do you really think she would do that?". I stayed silent, a guilt of not trusting her slowly creeping up on me. "Just, don't let your wild imagination ruin you, hm".
"I hate you when you're right". "Uh-huh, you know that I'm always right?". She arched her brow and flicked my nose before went back to her food, changing the subject. “How’s your ticket hunt going?". I drew out a long exhale. "Only expensive ones are on resale. I wanna cry”. 
To get Twice's concert tickets, I had been making crazy hours at my work. Hyewon hummed in understanding. "You know that eventually you need to pay at least a grant for that two tickets you promised unless you renegotiate your bargain with Nako”. I pouted like a child. "I hate you". 

 

“Uh, excuse me. Is this seat taken?”

 

A female voice sounded from my side. Without sparing her a glance my 'nope, it's yours' followed. My thumb swiping my phone for resale tickets the umpteenth time.

“Do you mind if I sit here?”

I paused. Who would want to sit with strangers while there were a plenty of unoccupied ones around us? I looked up at this strange girl and gasped.

“Wang Yiren!”

Yiren chuckled hearing my high pitched scream. Hyewon also looked at her dumbfounded. “Just call me Yiren please. Full name is a bit awkward”. “Ah yeah, sorry". I sheepishly added and scratched my temple in apology.


Yiren looked stunning just wearing a casual white top with pastel pink wide pants. Bringing a fresh spring breeze with her. Her delicately sculptured face could make any girls envy. If it weren’t for Minju, she would definitely be the one getting the title of Miss. University. The beautiful girl sat graciously accross my seat.

“I hope I'm not interrupting anything. I came to ask if you were still planning to go on that lunch date with Minju".

I was taken aback at the same question directed at me in a span of 10 minues. And suddenly, I recalled the rumour. Didn’t the rumour say that Yiren and Minju are seeing each other?
A chill ran down my spine and I paled. “Y-yes of course!". My voice sounded louder than it needed to be and Yiren rounded her eyes at its volume. A giggle followed, her hand covering her smiling lips. “Good”. “A-ain't you mad at me?”. "Why would I be?". “Because I heard that you and Minju are…you know”

My voice trailed nervously. My heart sunk a bit at imagining them bering together, matching perfectly like those famous couples on fashion magazines. Comprehension downed on her. “Oh no. I’m close to her because we are good friends. We have a lot in common too but that's all”. She gave me a reassuring smile. A relief washed over me and I wiped my forehead to wipe nonexistent sweat. “Now let me get to the point. When are you planning on contacting her for the lunch?”

“She is afraid of texting her”

Hyewon bared the fact, pointing at me with her thumb. I kicked her shin with my foot. She prot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter