One

In the name of love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I swear she appeared in front of me like an angel just descended from the heaven. 


--------------------------------
 

I was at the college cafeteria, waiting for my freshly brewed latte macchiato.
It was the late afternoon, the September sun was still bright but slightly milder than the previous month, shining gently across the cafeteria and giving the first taste of Autumn. I yawned, my right hand covering my wide opened mouth.

I’d been working non-stop for my upcoming project lately. A cup of fresh coffee was all I needed. When the barista extended her hand to offer my order on the counter, I quickly thanked her and grabbed it, already turing half way around to head over to find a table. 

Someone just slid into my sight. Too late to react, we simply corrided into each other. My body reflexed and both of my hands flew over to save my deserved coffee. My cup was about to slip away from my grip, saved by the other hand. After a moment of commotion, my legs found solid balance again and I heaved a little sigh in relief. Internally patting myself on the shoulder for not messing up. I glanced the person in front of me, who also seemed to had just recovered from the unexpected collision. She hurriedly said.

“Oh my god, I’m so sorry”

The girl's tone was raced with embarrassment. A relief washed over me at her quick apology. Her face was downcasted as she was bowing to show how sorry she was. Wanting to reassure her that she wasn't the only one at fault, I lowered myself to take a peek at her face but everything was so blurred. I could only see the outline of her long hair. Realising the problem here, my hands flew over to pat my face, looking for a very object that had its permanent residence on the bridge of my nose.
My specs were gone! 

A mild panic was forming. I couldn't even see an arm length ahead without them. She must had sensed my troubled antics because her silhouette swayed left to right, then left to right. Bending down shortly after, then she spoke again.

“Here, I got them”

She handed my specs and let me squint my eyes real hard to examine the object for a while. Indeed no damage was detected and I heaved another sigh of relief. Glasses were expensive and I wasn't planning on getting new ones while the ones in my hands were still in tact. Putting them back on where they belonged, my vision finally cleared and focused again. I blinked once to check my sight and decided to finally apologize for good. "No, I'm so sorry. I didn’t pay enough attention to where I was heading. Are you alright?”

Tthe moment my eyes landed on her face, my breathe got caught and my heart forgot to beat.

Her porcelain skin was glowing in the soft autumn rays along with her shining, silky wavy hair. Her head was adorably tilted, looking at me in the eye. Her cheeks and plump lips were rosy and oh god, her eyes! Those captivating almond orbs were decorated with the long lashes, casting faint shadows and making them look so expressive. Those doe eyes bore straight into me and I felt being seen. The round orbs softened and I saw a glimpse of her shyness. A fruity scent suddenly engulfed me and I felt light headed realizing it was hers. And her smile, her modest but genuine smile like a merciful goddess shot through my heart.


---------------------------------

 

“It's  been 7 months since then…”

I mumbled to myslef. My eyes catching the said girl afar, walking along with her friends on the campus. She looked gorgeous as always.

The autumn light in my reminiscence already changed its color twice, but somehow reminding me the gentleness of the air I felt back then. A gentle breeze twirled around and caressed my hair with a hint of cherry blossom scent. I looked up the fallen pink petals dancing with the wind and tucked my hair behind my ear.
Spring. It was my season. I was even named after the symbol of the season. Spring always brought me a feeling of excitement, like something amazing will happen. Just as all the plants and flowers waking up from the long sleep to bloom again..

“And ever since that day you’ve been stalking her, unnie”

The voice sounded from behind. I didn’t even need to look back to see who it belonged to. I knew the duck, I mean, the person very well. Yena, one of my best friends at college. Her mocking tone breaking my perceful moment. "That actually really creeps me out”. Sounded another teasing voice, the owner of it most likely standing besides the duck, Hyewon. I met both of them in high school, becoming best friends with them happened so naturally despite a year difference between us. I was worried we wouldn't be so close once I went to university. But surprisingly all of us managed to keep close contact. They even followed me to study at the same school (Yena saying "who's gonna look after your atrocious fashion taste otherwise, unnie"). Hanging out during breaks was our go to activity even though all of us were drowning in the piles of assignments majority of the time. We always found a way to hang out. It was precios having such friends close by when things were just unicorns and rainbows. Just not really when they started sticking their noses at where they're not needed, like right now. I turned my face and gave them a long glare.

“Shut it, how many times do I have to repeat myself. I am not stalking her! I just think she's so pretty. It's not my fault that my eyes catch her whenever she is within my sight. Her existence just stands out so much is all”

The both girls rolled their eyes. I had seen the expression countless times already and probably would see countless times more. Occasional headaches were probably eneviable.

“Wow, deaf much? Did you not hear what you just said?". "You droll over her whenever you see her, you know” the both girls said with mischievous grins and I squared my shoulders to defend myself. “I am not like those s who try to get her attention in gross way. I just think she is super pretty”

Those two never understood my genuine admiration towards the goddess. It felt like my counterargument always ended up in vein though I could not stress enough of the amazement of being able to witness the sheer beauty, that was Kim Minju.

“I'm not against it unnie, but I gotta be honest. You are making yourself a complete idiot falling for the Miss university. She belongs to one of the biggest modelling agencies. She is a real celebrity, out of our league". While nodding, Hyewon added “I hear she is ing genius too. She even scored the top 3 on the last exams". “And a rumour says that she is seeing Yiren, who happen to work for another big name agency. She would've been the school quee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter