FINAL

Roleplay

"I beg you to take some time off from your freakin phone." Joohee took a sip on her drink as she eyed her bestie who was sitting across her with her phone. With Byul not giving any respond at all, Joohee flicked her forehead. "Ack!" Byul held her forehead. "Yah! What is that for?" Already glaring, Joohee gave Byul a sarcastic smile. Gave up on Byul, Joohee took out her laptop and spend her time on twitter.

Byul started joining a roleplay about a month ago when she fell for the character of 'Cha Se Ri' in SKY CASTLE. Hoped to have someone roleplay as Seri's twin brother Kijoon and Seojun, she played quite a role in promoting SKY CASTLE in the roleplay. The moment someone joined as Kijoon, she was delighted, as if her hard work finally paid off. Who knew the more the two of them chatted, they found the same interest of liking Astro's music style. 


SeRi : I can't believe you're an Aroha too!!
KiJoon : Neither do I. XD XD
SeRi : In fact I've been with them since the start! Watching them from to be continued, to them debuting, i'm basically adopted 6 babies in my life the moment I started stanning them.
KiJoon : Well well, I thought people only started to look for Astro recently. I didn't know there's someone like you who started liking us from the start!

STAR_ is typing....

KiJoon : I mean liking 'Astro' from the start. lol i roleplayed as Jinjin in Roleplay Republic so kind of confused with my identity for one sec /inserted awkward emoji/
SeRi : HAHAHA!! I was lost when you said 'us' XD It's okay, you will forever be my fav brother of all heh.
KiJoon : I apologize.
 

"HAHAHA!" Byul laughed. Joohee looked up to see her insane friend who basically addicted to phone laughing so hard. "Are you...oka- oh well, you're weird, so there's no need to reply." Joohee once again gave up on listening Byul's explaination. "No no it just that this guy over here confused his identity as Astro member when he's roleplaying as Kijoon." Byul explained, even though Joohee said it's okay, but that just who Byul is, one weird annoying yet quite unique type of girl. Joohee arched a brow, "How did you know that roleplayer is a 'He'?" 

"Hmm? He simply roleplayed as Kijoon, so...doesn't that make him a HE?" Byul blinked. Joohee facepalmed herself. Only shook her head at the sight of her innocent friend as she packed her things up. "Are you going already?" Byul finally paying attention to her one and only childhood friend who sat across her for like almost an hour but less conversation given to one another. "Well, I'm going for my part time already, anyway, someone roleplaying as a guy doesn't make that person a guy in real life. That Kijoon might just be a girl in real life, you'll never know." Took her drink, patted Byul's head and made her way out from the cafe, leaving Byul alone. 

Byul nodded at the word of Joohee but oh well, she knew that she roleplayed only for fun, whether that Kijoon a guy in real life or a girl, it didnt matter to her.
But as time passed by, instead of only wanting to roleplay with that Kijoon person, she felt like as if she wanted to know that person more.

It had been almost 5 months they chat. From waking early in the morning to staying up late together, sharing what they did for the day to one another, deep talks and more. They basically became close, not as SeRi and KiJoon, but more like as STAR_ and ast_noname.

KJ : Seriiii 
KJ : Seri?
/seen/
KJ : Seen!
KJ : OH YES YOU HERE!
KJ : Hi Seriiii
KJ : Helloo?
KJ : Seri.
KJ : Cha Seri.
KJ : Eh? I thought you're online........

SR is typing...

SR : Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry Kijoon! I was just helping my friend. She got injured from chasing a guy. 
KJ : Oh wow. That guy must be a jerk.
SR : Well, I agree! But my friend just wouldn't listen to me and went after the guy like, I GOT FRUSTRATED!!! 
SR : Anyway, what's the occasion?
KJ : Oh about earlier
KJ : Before that, I need your permission first.
SR : Omgee what is this asking for permission thingy.
SR : Okay what is it?

KJ : Well, I need your permission in me asking you a personal question.
KJ : Not character based question, not roleplay based question. 
SR : You mean like out of character type of question?
KJ : Yes.
SR : Okayy, go ahead!

 

KJ : Well we shared stories to one another, we had deep talks, we even shared our daily life acitivites to one another. and now that I succeed making you believe that I'm a guy,
KJ : and so, 
KJ : as STAR_ , as you and not as SeRi.
KJ : what do you think of, NOT KIJOON but,

 

KJ : what do you think of ast_noname, as in me?
 

"Byul!" Byul looked up from her phone to find Mijoo, Joohee's part time partner. She shoved her phone into her pocket and stood up from the seat outside Joohee's room. "How's Joohee?" Mijoo asked. "She's being checked by the doctor. The nurse told me she's in good state, it just that her leg was badly injured and needed to put a cast on it. But she's fine overall." Byul stated. She's worried about Joohee but right after the nurse told her that she's fine, she was kind of relieved. And now the question was playing inside her mind, what did he meant by what did she think of him, as in him in real life?

SR : I'm sorry kijoon, i'll reply you later. I need to check up on my friend first.
 

She replied, it was only a lie to think thoroughly what that person meant by asking such question to her. "Byul? Are you okay?" Mijoo asked. Byul blinked. "Hmm? Uh, heh, yeah I'm fine. Anyway I think the doctor finished checking Joohee, let's go inside?" Leading Mijoo to Joohee's room, Byul tried to shove the thought away.
Mijoo left the room and left Joohee and Byul in the room. Ended up telling Joohee about the question, Joohee folded her arms. "See? I told you one day he will cross the line of roleplay." Byul shrugged. "Do you really believe in what he said?" Joohee asked, while eyeing her casted leg. "Uhh, some, yes?" Byul nodded. "He might not be someone from a basketball team." Joohee said that made Byul looked back to the first ever out of character's conversation she and that Kijoon person had.

*throwback*

00:45AM
SR : I thought you were asleep!
KJ : Meh, more like can't sleep.
SR : Dad is asking you to study? (remember everyone they're roleplaying as a brother and sister)
KJ : Haha, yeah. anyway, can we have a OOC talk for a while? I have a lot going on in my mind and I got no one to talk.
SR : Awws, if my kijoon is asking for help, I'll always be here. anyway what is it?
KJ : Okay so, I'm leading a group of mine currently and we kind of having a conflict with someone above us.
SR : Why do you sound like you're a gangster...
KJ : Wait what? NO! I'm in, well,
KJ : A basketball team.
SR : Wuuu a leader in a basketball team? You must be the ace then!
KJ : Well well, I admit I got the talent and the face. oh and my team's fandom is growing too!
SR : I bet you're one goodlooking uhh, guy? and you must be good that there's even a fandom of your team!!
KJ : For your info, you guessed it right, I AM a guy XD XD oh and yeah i think we're quite good to have a fandom? /inserted awkward-laugh emoji/
SR : Ah...so you're a guy! 
SR : Anyway, what conflict?
KJ : Oh yeah, about that, the one who always sponsor this team of mine was found guilty and couldn't sponsor us anymore. 
KJ : My members had been working hard to make this team work and to see it going to collapse just like that, breaks my heart.
SR : Hey hey, you can always find someone to sponsor! 
KJ : It's not easy. We were basically 'raised' by that someone even before we started this journey of ours.
SR : Looking at how you felt burden, you must have not tell the members about this aey?
KJ : .....
KJ : How did you know about that
SR : /inserted a swag emoji/ I can read people mind.
KJ : ....
KJ : Okay, you're creepy.
KJ : just how can you read mine when we're only chatting
SR : I'm awesome like that. 
SR : Joke aside, I used to be that way. Keeping all the problems to myself and not telling Joohee. I remember how devastated I was. I tend to keep everything to myself and hurt myself from the inside. 
SR : I remember I broke down infront of Joohee. I cried so hard that made Joohee worried. 
SR : I only wanted to help the others but it turned to be the opposite of what I had in mind.
SR : "Work on yourself first before others." because if we fail to do so, we fail to lead. Yoon Joohee, that girl always carrying a wise word with her.
SR : And yeah, talk it out with your members. They might have ideas on how to solve the problem.
KJ : Hashtag, deep. 
KJ : I didn't know you have this side of yours.
KJ : Kind of glad that I found the right person to share about this problem of mine.
KJ : Anyway who's Joohee?

*end of throwback*


"And he only knew my name but not yours." Joohee, still amazed by the her cast as Byul chuckled at how the conversation of hers and that Kijoon person ended up with laughter. "And you don't even know his real name!" Joohee rolled her eyes. Byul chuckled. "I call him by Kijoon okay and he calls me SeRi." 
"Hmm so what are you going to answer him?" Joohee asked. Byul stayed quiet. Joohee sighed. Joohee knew Byul is one innocent girl who never dated. Knowing Byul ever since they were like 5, Joohee knew that if Byul goes quiet all of sudden, she's hesitating.

Making Byul to face her, Joohee patted Byul's head. "Byul, let me ask you. Are you comfortable with him? Like comfortable sharing stuff with him? Although you guys never met?"
"Byul, roleplay, is just a roleplay. Don't get too attached by it."
It took quite a while for Byul to answer. Byul gave Joohee a faint smile.

"I think, I should quit roleplay."

 

 

a fews days later..
KJ : Hey.
KJ : I heard you're leaving this RP.
/seen/
KJ : For your information, I will be leaving this RP to focus on my work too. It's funny how the others are sad about the SKY siblings are leaving, haha.
/seen/
KJ : Remember the first time we chatted? WIth you getting excited by the sight of me joining as Kijoon. XD I will never forget how you typed so fast in a short time! of course with typos. XD Oh and how the others tried to make us a couple but we were like 'NO we're siblings!' We got the chemistry that made everyone amazed by our teamwork. 

KJ : The day someone joined as Seojun!! I remember how you confessed you like it when a guy pat your head and wanted Seojun to pat you on the head but he left and you were like 'NOOOO SEOJUN!' XD XD XD

KJ : We got even closer the day you sent an Astro video to me by mistake and you were like 'Sorry I'm a hardcore Aroha' and mistook me as your friend that you sent the video. And you were like so excited to the point you bragged about you going to Astro's upcoming fanmeet. and knowing I like Astro too, you basically went 'OH MY GOSH!!' yeah. ;)
KJ : Glad you like them.
/seen/

KJ : Thank you. :) Thank you for the memories. 
KJ : Not to forget how you helped me a lot as STAR_
KJ : Did I tell you we got someone who willing to manage us? Thanks to you, one of my teammate shared an idea of his and yeah, we succeed.
/seen/

KJ : Are you only going to seen all of my messages? :(
/seen/

KJ : well,
KJ : I'm sorry if my question bothered you. 
KJ : I didn't know you will be affected by it so much to the point of you not talking to me. 
/seen/

KJ : I might sound like a creep for saying this but, I'm glad I get to know someone like you.

ast_noname is typing...

KJ : I might not know how you look like in real, I might not know how you sounds like in real, and I might not know your real name. But I'm sure you're a kind and caring person who put others first. I'm sure that you're also a bright person whom everyone eventually wanted to be with. oh not to forget your weird side too.
/seen/

KJ : Hey Seri?
you're no longer able to send message to STAR_

ast_noname is typing...

KJ : See you at the fanmeet, star.

 

 

a few weeks later..
"Oh my gosh! I can't believe I'm seeing ASTRO. I can't believe I'm getting their signature. MY HEART IS TOO WEAK FOR THIS." Byul took a deep breath as she hugged Astro's All Night album at her chest tightly. "Told you this is a lot more better than you stuck with your phone roleplaying." Joohee chuckled. "It's better for me to spend my time with my phone to check up on Astro. I AGREE!" Byul gave Joohee a thumbs up. 

After a while, Astro went up on the stage and greeted Aroha. "Wanna be your star! Hello we're Astro!" starting from Sanha introducing himself in a cute way, to Rocky greeting Aroha with that eyesmile of him. Next is Eunwoo, literally melted the Aroha's heart. Moonbin greeted Aroha by throwing hearts to Aroha and next MJ the happy virus greeted Aroha in gag way. And lastly,

"It's JINJIN TURN!" Byul squealed. "HELLO AROHA!!" and Byul shouted. Well, Joohee too, except that Joohee shouted the loudest when it's Eunwoo. Just when they started to line up, Byul pushed Joohee to line up. "Jinjin is at the end! Oh my gosh my heart probably gonna stop the moment I stood infront of Jinjin." Byul stated as she held Joohee's shoulder from the back as they were lining up with Joohee standing infront of Byul.

From Sanha, to Moonbin, to MJ, to Rocky and to Eunwoo, Joohee couldnt control how happy she was able to meet Eunwoo. Not to mention about Byul who's going to collapse any minute, too much love given by Astro to Aroha, and yeah, too much love from Byul to Astro too. Joohee thanked Eunwoo and moved to the last one, Jinjin.

"Hello, what's your name?" Jinjin smiled. "Joohee." Joohee smiled back, already sensing Byul's nervous aura beside her. Jinjin looked up to face Joohee. "Joo..hee?" Joohee nodded. "Ah! Yoon. My surname is Yoon, so Yoon Joohee." Joohee chuckled as someone nudged her from the side. "Ack, yah." Joohee nudged Byul's side in revenge. 

Eunwoo who was watching the two chuckled. "Are you two friends?" He asked. With Jinjin waiting for the answer from Joohee. Joohee, with love appeared from her eyes when Eunwoo asked, she nodded. "Yes yes! I apologize, this friend of mine is weird so yeah." Joohee apologize, with Byul's not wanting to make eye contact with any of the Astro members, in case she faint. That just who Byul is, people would want to make any possible contact with their idol but not Byul. 

Jinjin who literally stopped functioning looked at Byul who had her head hung low. He shook his head and wrote on Joohee's album. 'TO: YOON JOOHEE, THANK YOU FOR COMING! KEEP ON SUPPORTING US!', after that they had small talks about Astro recent comeback.
and finally, it's Byul's turn. Jinjin smiled. 

"Hello." Jinjin greeted Byul. Eyes fixed on the album, Byul slightly pushed the album closer to Jinjin to ask him to sign it. "Hmm, nope!" Jinjin shook his head. Byul was taken aback by it and widened her eyes, slightly made an eye contact with Jinjin but again lowered her head again. "I will not sign it if you're not going to look at me." He stated. Hesitated, Byul slowly raised her head as she made eye contact with Jinjin. 

"You're, beautiful." Jinjin made a comment and smiled at Byul. Heart about to burst, Byul slightly blushed at Jinjin's comment. "So, what's your name?" Jinjin tilted his head. "Eunbyul. Chae Eunbyul." She made sure she said it clearly just so that Jinjin spelled it right, not like MJ who misheard Eunbyul as Eunbyun.

"To: Chae, Eun, Byul." Jinjin read as he wrote it carefully. "Even your name is pretty." Byul blushed again. Jinjin wrote something quite long underneath the TO: Chae Eunbyul before closing the album to have small talks with Byul.
"So, is this your first time?" Jinjin asked. Byul who somehow felt comfortable making eyecontact with Jinjin nodded. "Yes! the first ever group I went for fansign too!" She smiled widely. Jinjin chuckled. "How was it?" He asked. "Hmm? The fanmeet? AWESOME!" in a excited tone, she nodded. "Hmm, how was it seeing me? in person?" He asked. Byul, without any reply gave out a thumbs up and smiled. Jinjin chuckled again. 

The person beside Byul finished and Byul was asked to go dwon form the stage. As she was about to go down, Jinjin grabbed her wrist, "Hey." that made Byul blinked.

"See you again." Jinjin smiled as he patted Byul's head. Byul smiled widely and went down from the stage and walked happily with Joohee as they squealed, fangirling Astro.

To, Chae Eunbyul
Thank you for coming, thank you for the support. Words couldnt explain how happy I am right now seeing you in person. Till we meet again, STAR_ or should I say, Cha Seri? :)
From, Park Jinwoo a.k.a @ast_noname

 

 

 


ast_noname : Byul?
/seen/

ast_noname : T.T YOU FINALLY UNBLOCKED ME

STAR_ is typing...

 


AND FINISHED! This is my first writing challenge oneshot of 'LEADERs' where I'm supposed to  post it on 1st of April but failed to do so. So I'll be posting the second one tomorrow  (3/4/19) starring iKON's leader, B.I 

I hope you guys like this Jinjin's oneshot! 6 more leaders to write! 

PS, please be careful whenever you roleplay! Do not reveal about your personal information for your own safety. THIS IS ONLY A FANFIC AND DOESN'T HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE, so yeah, take care of yourself when you roleplay.

Try to set a line between your personal life and roleplay okay? okay. Last but not least THANK YOU FOR READING! please try to understand if there's any grammar mistake since i'm still trying to improve here so yeah!