Hyebi

Pull Me Into Your Arms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I finally broke into the evil queen's throne room. My long difficult quest had led up to this moment, and it is up to me alone to make the right decision.

I thought of the people of this kingdom, and how they suffered. I thought of Nako and Chaewon, the friends I made along the way. I opened the rolled up notes in my pocked and started to read them in a shaky voice. I was clearly hesitating.

What if I just pretended  to become queen without actually taking the potion? What if I suddenly changed my mind and wanted to change back and couldn't? What if it makes me turn evil as well?

I could hear footsteps outside. The guards were searching for me. I needed to act immediately. I sighed and made my final decision.

I carefully took out the small needle wrapped in paper and held it to my neck. Needless to say, I was incredibly nervous. And my fear of pointy objects didn't help with the situation at all. I held my breath and shoved the object into my vein, feeling it pierce through my skin.


After injecting all the fluid I pulled it out and threw it to the ground, feeling a bit dizzy. I could feel myself changing, transforming into something more sinister. The footsteps outside were getting closer.

I changed into the queen's dress and looked at myself in the mirror. My eyes had changed color and my cheerful smile had vanished from my face. I looked and felt powerful.

The guards forcibly opened the door and upon seeing me, they bowed down to their new queen. They could sense my energy, they accepted their fate without falter. Queen Eunbi walked in after, and bowed down to me as well. I was surprised, I expected her to be distrought, but she had also seemingly accepted her fate already.

Rather peculiar, Queen Eunbi offered to teach me the ways of ruling her kingdom, which I accepted gratefully. She showed me around the palace and told me about the duties I was expected to fulfill, and I took it all in with fascination.


The Eunbi in front of me was in stark contrast from the Eunbi the villagers decribed to me during the past few months. She was cold but caring, she wore a gloomy expression that made her resemble a sad tired mother.

Once she left, I decided to check on my royal subjects just to get an idea of how they were doing. I saw a small bunny-like girl trying to carry some heavy bags of flour, so I went up to her and asked if she could use some help. She looked up at me as if she was seeing a ghost, her eyes filled with both fear and confusion.

"Y-your Majesty?!" She stuttered out.


I tried to smile at her, and speak in a soft voice, but it just didn't work. I spoke to her in a cold tone with a rigid face without meaning to. I couldn't figure out why.

"M-mommy! Queen Eunbi i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter