Chapter 2

Life in Your Hands
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

You scramble your items together, only to realize... you fell asleep on the couch and forgot to put your washed clothes into your dryer.

You holler as you grab the damp trousers from the washer and run to your restroom.

You grab the hairdryer and quickly blowdry your trousers. You curse under your breath when you realize it's almost 11AM, the time of you were supposed to be there.

Eventually, the trousers were still slightly wet but dry enough to put on without looking like a fool. You grab your keys and tote bag. You stop in your tracks and look at the white book on your coffee table.

You grab it and then head out.

---

"And your reason for being late is..." Sarah tapped her foot.

"My... I.... My cat. Is sick."

"Aww, is he alright?" Sarah gasped.

You knew Sarah was an animal lover.

"Yeah, yeah."

Sarah was your modeling manager. Now, with your kind of budget, you had no way of ever getting a manager. But Sarah was actually just a close friend who was a former manager for big celebrities back in the day. But she's 'retired' now (she was in her 30s), and she just wanted to help a friend out. You met through a friend.

A lady walked in with a clipboard, "Mee....young... Soo.... Ehem... Mr. Kim?"

"That's me," I raised my hand and smiled.

"The photographer just arrived."

Sarah whispered, "You can do it!" before you nodded in thanks and followed the lady.

---

The set today was a very small, dim room. You saw the photographer and went up to greet yourself.

"Hello, I'm MyungSoo Kim," you shook his hand.

He scanned your outfit and nodded, "Mmm. You look very nice."

"Thank you, sir!"

"I suppose we'll do the photoshoot first since you're all dressed up, and then we can settle for some tea after and discuss your interview for the magazine."

"I-Interview?"

"Oh, your manager didn't tell you?"

"T-Tell me...?"

"Ah, we heard about your life as a Korean living in America. We want to know a bit more about how it's like, and about any hardships or any perks or whatever you please."

Oh, Sarah... You laughed.

"Thank you so much for allowing me to be in this magazine, sir!"

The photographer just nodded and went off to do other things.

It was the first time you have ever been featured in a magazine that actually talked about yourself! Usually you modeled for fashion magazines or clothing brands, but this time, you finally get to really be in it! People will read about you and you can finally get your name out there!

---

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter