ch2

who knows

chaewon toys with the gun until they reach where the car is. 

an abandoned warehouse. 

'of course,' chaewon thinks, 'these people have no imagination.'

soojung exits the car first, with her gun in hand. 

chaewon and mijoo go next and follow her lead, with mijoo facing the back instead of the front.

soojung kicks the door open and turns on her flashlight. 

all three of them gasp when they see it. 

the blonde girl is sitting in the center of the warehouse, with the men in black tied to some pipes at the sides. 

"oh, finally, some other people. i was getting bored waiting here alone." the girl exclaims. 

the two detectives (and chaewon) look at each other incredulously. 

"um," mijoo starts. 

eunbi holds up a finger to stop mijoo from continuing, "yes i'm eunbi, no this isn't a trap, yes i tied them up. now, are you the squad that's supposed to save me or are you backup for these buffoons?" 

mijoo takes out her detective badge, "here to save you... not that you seem to need it." 

"of course not, i'm kwon eunbi," the girl flips her hair, "what took you so long? i've been waiting for ages." 

chaewon doesn't like this girl. she reeks of spoilt, rich brat. 

(though she must admit she's amazed that she could take on 4 men twice her size alone)

"they actually tampered with the tape so it took us a while to retrieve the original," soojung explains.

eunbi rolls her eyes, "dad should've just gotten the police to do it, they would've found me faster." 

chaewon really, really wants to punch this girl in the face. 

"if you're so amazing then why haven't you left on your own yet?" chaewon mutters to herself, but the warehouse is really silent, so eunbi hears it. 

"and who are you, you puny little thing? how dare you talk to me like that?" 

soojung quickly blocks chaewon before she could injure the blonde girl and stares at her, trying to shut chaewon up. 

but chaewon isn't having any of this. 

"i'm literally taller than you and maybe if you were grateful, i would respect you," chaewon is seething, "so tell me, miss spoilt , why are you still here then?" 

mijoo and soojung look at each other and shake their heads. 

maybe it was a mistake to ask chaewon to come along. 

"okay first of all," eunbi looks as mad as chaewon is, "not to quote malfoy or anything, but my father WILL hear about this. secondly, this warehouse is in the middle of a damn forest. if i could've left, trust me, i would've. at least then i wouldn't have to be relying on a clown like you."

(no one has ever talked back to eunbi before and she thinks this girl is really interesting for even daring to)

"a clown?! try to get out on your own then!" chaewon turns around and is ready to storm off, "let's go. this obviously doesn't need our help." 

mijoo stops her, "chaewon. it's our job." 

chaewon groans, "UGH," she turns back, but doesn't look at the girl.

mijoo walks towards the girl and supports the girl up. 

soojung lets out a small "oh" when she sees them.

"you're injured?" she asks eunbi, who has a slight limp. 

"sprained it while trying to get through the forest," eunbi mentions, seemingly embarrassed. 

chaewon laughs, "weak ," she mutters, softer this time so eunbi couldn't hear.

but soojung does. 

"chaewon." 

chaewon turns to her cousin with question marks over her head. 

soojung gestures to eunbi.

chaewon frowns, confused, then the frown deepens when she realises what soojung meant.

"you're kidding me." 

"i'm not." 

"why do I have to do it?" 

"because mijoo and i will have to handcuff the men." 

"but!" 

"no buts, it's literally your job."

"i'm actually not officially employed here, so..."

"do you want to have a place to stay?" 

"fine, fine." 

chaewon walks over to eunbi, still not meeting eyes with the girl. she turns away from her and bends down. 

"get on." 

eunbi scoffs, "how can i trust you not to drop me?" 

chaewon clenches her jaw, "my living situation depends on this. so just get on." 

eunbi unwillingly gets on chaewon's back. she really doesn't want to, but her ankle really hurt. 

the first thing eunbi realises while on chaewon's back is how good she smells. 

maybe it's because eunbi has been in this dump for 8 hours, but she really likes how she smells. it's almost like a mix of vanilla and strawberry.

the second thing she notices is a mole on the girl's neck. she almost wants to poke it, just to see how the girl would react, but decides against it. she isn't about to lest she wants to be dropped to the ground. 

not that she would, because chaewon's hold is strong and her back feels really comfortable. 

it's only now that eunbi realises how tired she actually is. aside from running through a forest twice, getting lost both times and spraining her ankle, she's also tired from everything that has been happening.

everything as in her father forcing her to take over the company when she's always been interested in forensics and people trying to kidnap and hurt her at every chance they had because of that. 

thank god she learnt taekwondo when she was younger. 

"don't fall asleep yet," chaewon says, as if she could read eunbi's mind, "we're reaching the car soon. you can fall asleep there."

"as if i'd sleep on the back of someone like you," eunbi says, although she was really about to. 

"right, spoilt brat," chaewon replies. 

they reach the car and chaewon carefully leads eunbi to sit down in the car. 

"they're calling the police now, so you can sleep for a bit," chaewon sits next to eunbi. 

chaewon expects a sarcastic response, but all she gets from eunbi is a hum. 

the girl must be really tired then, chaewon thinks. 

she hears soft snores and takes a closer look at the girl. her yellow dress is slightly torn up at the bottom and her hair is a whole mess, probably from running through the woods. 

eunbi wraps her arms around herself, as if protecting herself from the a/c. 

chaewon sighs.

she might be a , but chaewon is still a nice person, so she takes off her jacket and puts it on the girl. 

eunbi holds the jacket and snuggles into it. 

damn it. 

maybe this spoilt, arrogant  is kinda cute. 


violeta is actually giving us some good woollimz food,, do yall finally see the light and ship them? (i mean you probably do if you bother reading woollimz fics but anyways,,,) 

here's a reminder to not sleep on kim chaewon's talents