fin.

when the party’s over
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“call me when the party’s over, okay? i’ll come and pick you up,” momo said as her best friend stepped out of her car.

 

“i will, and you have fun at nayeon’s.”

 

sana shut the car door before momo could reply. it was saturday night, at the end of finals week, and all sana wanted to be at this moment was drunk. 

 

she wanted her best friend to come with her to the party. they had gone every year since the start of college, and now that they were seniors sana didn’t want to miss her last chance to almost die from alcohol poisoning.

 

but when nayeon texted momo asking her to come over the same night of the party, sana knew she’d be going alone. she went a lot of places alone ever since momo started hanging out around nayeon. momo had confessed to sana that she had a thing for nayeon after all, and who was sana to get in the way of momo’s happiness?

 

so sana told momo to go hang out with nayeon instead, no matter how much she didn’t want to admit it hurt. 

 

 

sana knew momo was something special the first time they met. it all traced back to finals week 3 years ago.

 

she was a freshman at the time, in the campus library at an hour she should have been asleep, just trying to study for her damn algebra final. 

 

pretty girls always were sana’s biggest distraction, so when the door opened and one walked through, sana’s eyes left her textbooks for good and followed the girl as she walked right up to sana.

 

sana marks this moment as the exact reason for her bad final grades freshman year. 

 

“why are you in here so late? you know it’s 2 am right?” the girl showed sana the time on her phone as she sat down on the other side of the table. 

 

“do i know you?” sana asked.

 

“well you know me now. my name’s momo, but my question still stands. why are you in here so late?” 

 

sana felt go dry. girls didn’t usually just go up to her and start talking to her in the library. especially not someone as pretty as momo.

 

“i’m studying for finals. i’m sana by the way.” 

 

momo smiled.

 

“well sana, you look pretty tired and i’m pretty bored, so how about you come back to my room with me? my roommate’s gone for the weekend. i have a whole shelf of movies and a lot of popcorn.”

 

pretty girls didn’t invite sana to stay the night with them, so she went.

 

sana also didn’t like popcorn, but for the next 3 years, whenever momo wanted to watch a movie she made sure she always had more than enough in the cabinet. 

 

 

when sana walked into the party, she could tell she was more than late. 

 

jeongyeon, for example, was almost too drunk to notice she had showed up.

 

“hey! sana,” jeongyeon yelled from across the room, “come here!”

 

she motioned for sana to join their group of friends with the hand that wasn’t occupied with a red plastic cup. 

 

“i didn’t think i was late. dahyun told me to come at 10.”

 

“i did not!” dahyun cut in. “the text said 9.”

 

sana pulled out her phone and showed her friends the text from dahyun. 

 

dahyun shrugged, “well . you’re right. well at least i was only off by an hour. you didn’t miss much.”

 

“well maybe if you didn’t start drinking at 3 you wouldn’t have texted her the wrong time,” chaeyoung added. 

 

dahyun gave chae a subtle punch to her arm and the two started bickering as sana made her way to the drink table.

 

without momo there, sana figured she’d better get started on drinking. her other friends were already drunk, and she didn’t want to be the only one there sober.

 

something was bothering sana and she just couldn’t figure out what is was. every thought traced back to momo in the drivers seat in that ing black dress momo wore when she wanted to look good. she was just going to nayeon’s house but she had to make herself look as good as possible because of the fact that it was nayeon.

 

sana always thought her best friend was pretty. ever since that day in the library. and that was normal, right? but she knew it became a problem when she went to momo’s dance competitions and couldn’t take her eyes off of her best friends body when it moved, or when momo was driving and she couldn’t help but look over and trace momo’s collarbones with her vision.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter