end~

we're not really together but i want to be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

mina would like to say that falling head first into a pit of feelings was not her fault. it was choa's for inviting her to seolhyun's house, jimin's for asking, seolhyun's letting her come and freaking seo yuna's for smiling the moment mina walked in.

ugh.

hyejeong was the only one she could trust. the keyword being 'was'. her boyfriend got all of the attention now, and with a big no no agreement with choa, they both determined that he was nasty.

so this is why it's a complete shock to mina when seolhyun drops the whole freaking bomb of 'yeah, hyejeong's not dating anyone now.'

she feels a little miffed at the idea of her best friend telling seolhyun first but then the realisation hits her. hyejeong only tells people that she sincerely likes and trusts. oh. OH.

mina's eyes go bigger as she thinks of all of the possibilities and doesn't even notice seolhyun go pale.

that is, until her own jaw drops on the ground at the sight of yuna and hyejeong awkwardly standing behind them.

"uh, hi?"

carefully, mina snaps her gawking mouth shut. exchanges a very quick conversation through the power of eyes with seolhyun, and comes to a conclusion: they better freaking run.

that is, if they were both in an anime where things could go perfectly. sadly, the reality of running hits mina and she deflates like a little balloon onto the table. it's super disappointing that life wasn't an anime, mina concludes distantly and she wonders how they could get out of this one as hyejeong and yuna sit down.

"what were you two complaining about? i caught an earful of mother cows." hyejeong teases cheerfully, and mina notices that the taller holds the books while yuna has a tray of food for them.

"oh. oh." for a split second, mina nearly thinks that seolhyun's eyes will burst if they go any bigger. "yeah! it's... uh, a, um.. dog training class!"

seolhyun's piercing eyes urge the girl to go along with the very clear lie.

mina doesn't freaking own a dog.

"... yeah, it's so complicated." she adds lamely, wincing at the moment seolhyun's shoe comes into contact with her shin. "we've been practicing, and.. uh, they just won't obey?"

"do you need help?"

she prays that seolhyun can think up a good lie and belatedly realises that yuna has taken a seat next to her. oh dear.

"we," yuna motions to her and hyejeong, "have dogs." she says, putting a burger in front of hyejeong. "i could help, if you want to."

"i can too." hyejeong adds and mina glances at seolhyun stare at hyejeong peeling the paper off of the food. they catch eye contact. this time deciding for real on what to do.

"sure!"

seolhyun manages to say. mina nodding after her.

what have they dug themselves into.

.

"this is your fault." mina deadpans. "now we have to actually pretend that we want to train dogs." not that she wouldn't want to have a dog with yuna.

"you agreed with me!"

"peer pressure!" she shoots back.

after setting a time and date on the weekend, they had escaped to seolhyun's dorm and now, mina was speedily looking up dog training places to see if they could actually lie about this. and by the looks of it, you actually need a physical, living, drooling dog to enlist. which she relayed to seolhyun in a slightly panicked tone.

"we have to get dogs?" mina squeaks, collapsing into a puddle on the floor. "i'm too young."

"number one, you're older then me. number two, do we just... tell them that our pretend dogs are sick?"

"i don't know!"

cats are one thing, dogs are a completely other thing. mina has no idea about both of them except for that her mother has a huge dog that ignores her everytime mina goes home to visit and cats are much more manageab--

"my mom has a dog!" mina gasps, resurrecting from her place on the floor.

"isn't that the one that you constantly complain about?" asks seolhyun, suspiciously.

"well, yeah. but she's better then not having a dog at all!" mina retaliates, and seolhyun thinks for a few seconds, arms hugging a pillow.

"okay?"

she goes to find her phone that she threw onto the table and quickly finds her mother's name. mina blurts out the moment she picks up, "can we please borrow mochi?!"

.

"uh..."

they both stare at the big dog lazily struggling to get into the car. mina's jaw was hanging despite the fact that she had brought mochi out.

"do you think she needs help?" seolhyun asks, watching as mochi caught whift of something and practically drug mina across the car floor, trying to get to it.

"nope, i think i do." says mina, strained.

"we're going to get caught."

"yeah, probably."

.

"your dog is cute." yuna laughs, and mina feels her ears turn red. she also feels an elbow in her side.

"psst, remember, you get hyejeong and i get yuna." seolhyun whispers into her ear a second later.

it's their try-not-to-get-caught plan, thought up by mina who pointed out that they really couldn't talk normally, let alone lie properly in front of the respective crushes. so, this should end up good right?

wrong.

a near second after seolhyun whispered the reminder, hyejeong whisked her away with one of her dogs. traitor. mina scoffs, getting mindlessly pulled everywhere by mochi's excited sniffing.

"this was so not worth spending the night searching how to train a dog." she mutters, sparing a judging look towards her o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter