one-

we're not really together but i want to be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"can you like, not slobber over each other while i'm here?"

" to be you."

seolhyun manages the most disgusted look she can when jimin shrugs her off, going back to kiss her newly crowned girlfriend, choa, who by all means was a sweet person, seolhyun just kinda hated her roommate now. although, it seemed to be that jimin was staying more and more at choa's dorm.

and hyejeong, gosh fricking shin hyejeong, just laughs, typing something to her stupid boyfriend. because apparently when one's roommate started dating one's crush's best friend then it's a done deal that you all sit together for lunch. "seolhyun, you're never going to stop them." she says, looking gorgeously amused--whatever that might mean.

"i can try!" she squeaks and while she's lucky that hyejeong doesn't notice, the other two definitely do.

a cheshire grin pulls at the corners of her roommates lips but before jimin can say anything to possible embarrass her, choa, wonderful park choa, changes the subject, "my roommate is switching dorm rooms with someone sadly."

"wow, that's great, why doesn't jimin-unnie move in with you and i move in with seolhyun." hyejeong says dryly.

the oldest of them must've seen the confused look that seolhyun sported and elaborated, "her roommate, chanmi just changed colleges and left her with a apartment."

"that i can't afford," hyejeong adds.

"but it's a good idea?"

"you're just saying that because then you can get out of me waking you up for your classes." seolhyun accuses the older girl, wondering if someone can look hot with a crease in their forehead cause apparently, hyejeong can.

"then you should've stopped me when i signed up for a 8am class."

jimin grumbles, only stopping when choa comforts her by laying a hand on her knee, whispering disclosed words.

"they're disgusting, hm?"

seolhyun blinks to find that hyejeong has finally set down her phone and scooted closer to the younger, offering a teasing smile that looks so attractive that seolhyun could probably cry. luckily she doesn't, managing to choke out a strangled, "totally."

if life actually liked her a little and maybe if her luck wasn't so bad then maybe seolhyun's phone wouldn't have sent off a loud 'BEEP' right at the moment their legs were about to touch. but it did, and with a frustrated smile, she excused herself, waiting for the call to go to voicemail.

when it does, she finds that its yuna, her major's rolemodel, close friend and currently a partner in a project for another class, calling to know where she is.

oh. seolhyun jerks, remembering the date that they had set to finish up their project. with a start, she hurries back to the table, grabbing her wrapped sandwich and yells, "sorry! have to go, got a study date, text you all later. love you, bye!"

 

it's only after all of that junk spews out of does she realise that maybe not all newly quoted friends say 'love you, bye!' and run away like usain bolt. and maybe she shouldn't have said text me because later, when she's stressing about stuff with yuna, jimin texts her with hyejeong's number because apparently seolhyun didn't have her number.

does that mean she wants her to text her? seolhyun is confused. but she's got park freaking hyejeong's phone number in her phone and that's enough.

.

"does it mean something?" seolhyun mumbles into her papers, wondering when jimin was ever coming home and if she would bring food. this is the product of having one's brain fried.

yuna sympathetically pats her shoulder, "it's possible that she likes you too." she says brightly.

"boyfriend."

"as a friend?" yuna offers.

"i just-- i can't, it's too much." she groans, rolling over to grab her phone, pressing her roommate's name.

"what?" 

"come hooommeee, bringgg fooddd, bring choaaa, just bring somethingggg."

seolhyun drags out the moment jimin picks up, making an okay sign to yuna as there's a bit of silence for a few seconds on the other line.

"choa wants to know if she can bring mina, her roommate."  jimin asks.

"considering that i've stalked her and she's cute, why not?"

"over hyejeong already?" 

"nope!"

"see you in twenty minutes." 

"okay, bye."

she claps her hands together.

yuna looks mildly amused, "i'm not going to question the stalking of a possible person."

"she's cute, i guarantee you'll like her."

"maybe,"

"you like cute. you're single. she's single. put two and two together. wow! you get a hot couple." seolhyun rolls her eyes, stacking up their books and watching yuna as she leans back in her chair.

"you think i'm hot?" questions yuna, breaking into a teasing grin.

"no, i think mina is. now help me put away these confusing papers."

"fine."

.

okay, so when she said that yuna and mina would be a good couple, she totally did not mean that they should cuddle up on the floor, giggling at whispered things, leaving her with the oldies.

"i brought you chicken." jimin declares.

mayybeee seolhyun had accidentally said that out loud.

she groans, collapsing onto her bed, "i appreciate that! it's just- being a third wheel twice over, isn't... so appreciative."

"should have invited hyejeongie then," jimin mumbles through a bite of her chicken, curling up against choa like a cat.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter