The Beginning

Omelette

Rousing applause stunned Taeyeon as she entered the meeting room. She turned to Miss Seo and saw a smile on her face. A smile. An actual smile. If her mind wasn’t blown before, it was now.

“What’s going on?”

“Haven’t you heard?”

Taeyeon shook her head, more puzzled than ever. “What?”

“Ever since your video went viral, we’ve received more applications and queries than we’ve ever had. Our call center is currently doing their best to handle the calls coming in but it is overwhelming.”

“Really? I know the video got like three hundred thousand views but this is unexpected.”

“Three hundred thousand views?” Miss Seo’s smile was teasing. “Miss Kim Taeyeon, you are missing a zero.”

“Wait. Am I?”

“Try three million views.”

“Wow. Three million?”

“You and Miss Tiffany have become the faces of Kim No Chi Culinary School. Reporters and journalists have been asking for interviews since our office opened this morning. So to catch this wave of interest in our school, we are holding this meeting to discuss opening an omelette course.”

“An omelette course?”

Miss Seo nods. “We will open the omelette course to beginners in culinary. No portfolio will be required. In fact, students will begin building their portfolio from scratch in this course. They will be able to advance to further courses which we will create and build up a portfolio progressively. What do you think about this?”

Taeyeon blinked. “You’re asking me?”

“Yes, we are consulting you and seeking your approval for this to proceed.”

“Consulting me?” Taeyeon’s eyes grew wide. “Seeking my approval?”

“It is only right that we consult you on this as you will be producing more videos along this line with Miss Tiffany if you agree to it.”

“More videos with Tiffany?” Taeyeon’s jaw dropped.

“Yes, you will be the promotional video series producer. You will upload the videos on your existing channel, of course.”

“I’m not dreaming, am I?”

“You’re not dreaming, Miss Kim.”

“What about Tiffany? Does she know about this?”

“We have invited her to this meeting. She is on her way.”

“I will agree to it if she agrees to it.”

“Very well. We shall wait for her answer.”

omo

Tentative eyes swept across the room, relaxing only when they rested on Taeyeon. Tiffany smiled at the woman as she entered the room. “What’s happening here, Taeyeon?”

The shorter woman gave her a huge smile. “It’s good news, Tiffany.”

“Good news?”

Tiffany stood stunned as Miss Seo related the good news to her. “You’re waiting on my decision to do this whole thing?”

“Yes, Miss Tiffany.”

This was unbelievable. Yet the presence of Taeyeon standing beside her was too real to be a dream. “Of course I would love to do it. But only if Taeyeon wants to.”

Miss Seo smiled. “Interesting. Miss Kim said the same thing.”

Tiffany stared at Taeyeon. The woman was blushing for some reason. And her own cheeks were growing warm for some reason too. “We’re a team. We made the video together. It’s only right that we continue as a team. Team Omelette.”

“Team Omelette,” Taeyeon repeated with a warm smile. “I like it.”

“Then we have an agreement,” Miss Seo was quick to conclude. “We shall proceed with these plans as stated.”

Tiffany grinned as she took Taeyeon’s arm and linked hers together. “And we’ll be making another video today.”

Taeyeon grinned too. “We’ll be making videos together every day.”

omo

“Oh my God! That’s Taeyeon and Tiffany!”

Taeyeon held Tiffany’s hand tighter as a flock of excited ladies approach them with a shy smile. “Hi, ladies.”

“Oh my God! It’s really Team Omelette in person. Oh my God! This is unreal!”

Tiffany waved at them and smiled. “Yes, we are Team Omelette. Have you seen our latest video?”

“Team Omelette taking down the badass frittata? Yes, we watched it together and we love it! We tried making it immediately too, but we failed.”

“Oh, don’t be sad. You can sign up for classes and learn it from the best chefs in our school.”

The ladies’ smiles turn into pouts. “We’re students so money isn’t something we have a lot of. But we try our best to learn it from your videos. We’re both subscribed to your channel. We like every single video and we’ve been commenting tons too.”

“Aww, you’re the sweetest ladies. You know what? You’re in luck today. We happen to have a couple of coupon codes with us,” said Tiffany as she reached into her bag and fished out two coupons. “Here. You can get one free lesson at our school with these.”

“Oh my God! Really? You’re the best, Tiffany!” the ladies shrieked. “And you’re the cutest, Taeyeon!”

Taeyeon could only blush. She wasn’t the natural promoter that Tiffany had turned out to be. “Thank you, ladies. You’re very cute too.”

The ladies squealed. “Taeyeon said we’re cute. Oh my God. This is the best day ever. Thank you so much!”

“You’re totally welcome, ladies. Take care and we’ll see you at Kim No Chi, alright?”

“Definitely!”

Tiffany smiled as she waved goodbye to them before turning to Taeyeon who was still blushing. “That lady was right. You really are very cute. It’s been weeks now and you’re still blushing whenever someone recognizes you on the street.”

“I’m still not used to it.”

Tiffany’s eyes radiated warmth as she squeezed Taeyeon’s hand. “It’s okay. I’m here with you.”

“Will you be here . . . just for me?” Taeyeon blurted suddenly.

“What do you mean?” Of course I’ll be here just for you.”

“I mean, for a long time. Just for me.”

Raising their clasped hands, Tiffany giggled. “After cooking so many eggs together, I thought that much was clear to you. Because I think you’ve made it very clear to me.”

“I mean, I’m thinking it and I think you’re thinking it but I’m suddenly unsure if I’m thinking it right.”

“I’m thinking I’ll be here just for you for a very, very, very long time.”

“Team Omelette forever.”

Tiffany smiled as she planted a kiss on Taeyeon’s cheek. “Yes, Team Omelette forever.”

omo