In The Midst of Trouble

In The Midst of Trouble

Kyungsoo was a type who didn't put much thought to a relationship ever since his last boyfriend cheated on him. He loved that guy, but whilst he's in another town for a year and a half, the guy chose to cheated on him. He was hurt but soon recovered though  because he's a strong guy and something so little like heartbreak won't haunt him for life.

He stayed single for two years, and didn't really put much effort in finding someone because he got tired of love. His last boyfriend was so possessive, always got jealous whenever Kyungsoo talked to anyone. Even if they were girls, though Kyungsoo clearly explained how gay he was. On a scale of 1 to 10 of how gay am I, I'm James Charles. The guy would even jealous of Kyungsoo's best friend, who was in a rooted relationship. Kyungsoo was tired of him anyway, because that er was even fighting with Kyungsoo's best friend in Kyungsoo's instagram post, always assuming Kyungsoo to cheat on him, but at the end he's the one who cheated. Kyungsoo proudly held a huge middle finger up to him.

How Kyungsoo met the overgrown giraffe was a hilarious start, who's currently his clumsy boyfriend. Kyungsoo went to a vehicle repaired shop because his damn motorcycle won't work properly and made ugly sounds. One of the mechanic there was of a hot guy, and Kyungsoo held a crush on him. It's just a mere crush and Kyungsoo wasn't really hoping for any relationship, just an I'm-so-bored-and-hey-you-look-hot crush.

Later, after a month or so unfortunately Baekhyun's car won't function properly and as he got no time because I got a date with Sehun but I need my car tomorrow Kyungsoo brought the car to the same repair shop for his annoying best friend, only for the sake of I'll buy you a new oven as promised by Baekhyun.

The handsome mechanic was still the one who serviced him. This time Kyungsoo felt the mechanic's eyes on him, though he would acted like he didn't, the two even made a small talk. Short after that day, Kyungsoo got a text from an unknown number, he thought of delete it without even read, but he's bored and maybe a little company could help.

Funny was, it was from the mechanic guy, the name went by Park Chanyeol. Are you the cute customer? was the ond text, which Kyungsoo glared hard because he was not cute. After multiple texts, which involved Kyungsoo threatening the guy that he's not cute and if you dare to say the word "cute" I'll end your life, Kyungsoo asked the guy how he got his number.

The story was hilarious, at least to Kyungsoo and he found it cute, as well. Turned out that the guy had by heart Kyungsoo's number that he wrote on the customer service book, not exactly, but Chanyeol's friend, Jongdae, had by heart the phone number and then told Chanyeol and the overgrown giraffe by heart it too and then later save it in his contact. Since we didn't want to act so suspicious as grab the customer services book, because there's other customers too, and save your number. By heart still work though, so, okay.

After texting for a couple of months, they were together, dating. Kyungsoo didn't really pay much thought to the relationship, just out of bored. But, it's opposite for Chanyeol, it seemed as if the overgrown giraffe did anything for their relationship. He tried to introduce Kyungsoo to everyone, all his friends, his family. Jongdae once told Kyungsoo that he had never seen Chanyeol being so sincere in a relationship and did something wholeheartedly for someone, normally the clumsy guy would only lasted a month or weeks in a relationship. And, that didn't really help Kyungsoo because he started to feel more and more regretful. Kyungsoo felt like he's just toying with Chanyeol because the latter had been talking about what they would do after they get married and how many children would they adopt. Kyungsoo was grateful that Chanyeol's not a type of someone who would text their partner all the time, because he hated texting especially during his reading time.

Chanyeol had once said that I'm really happy that we're together. I've dated many people before, but all of them were so clingy and always complained about how I payed less attention to them. I'm busy with my life as you can see, and I had rarely time for anyone. But, you, you're special because even if I didn't text you for hours you'd never say anything. You've a great understanding and I really appreciated that. I love you, 'Soo. And, Kyungsoo knew that he didn't complain about Chanyeol occasionally texting him and spending less time with him because he got a great understanding. The truth was because he didn't really care. He didn't really care if they didn't see each other for at least once in a week, because he didn't really take the relationship serious. And that only raised the guilt in Kyungsoo's stomach.

After they have been together for four months only, Chanyeol started to add Kyungsoo in all his life. Whenever Chanyeol talked about his goal, his plan for his future there's always Kyungsoo in it. Kyungsoo became the main protagonist in Chanyeol's life. And that only added the burn in Kyungsoo's guts.

So, out of regret and pity, Kyungsoo tried to break off with the overgrown giraffe through a phone call. He didn't want to break off the relationship without any excuses so he pretended to be angry over Chanyeol's Instagram post. The overgrown giraffe had posted a picture of him with a girl, they were standing side by side as they held a V-sign pose. Nothing was wrong with the picture, just a normal friends posing for a picture, but Kyungsoo couldn't find any better excuse other than that, although it's so lame.

Kyungsoo had texted about his disappointment to Chanyeol, but the taller guy had said that it's nothing and just kept joking with Kyungsoo. So, Kyungsoo stopped texting the overgrown giraffe for weeks. Then Chanyeol became worried and called Kyungsoo one night.

"Do you think I would be okay seeing my boyfriend hanging out with some girl and posting a picture of them?" Kyungsoo had reasoned.

"It's just a picture. She's just a friend from high school and we met after all those years." Chanyeol defended for himself.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever. Then go and marry her." Kyungsoo deadpanned. "Let's break up."

"Okay, okay. Whatever. If that's what you want." Chanyeol snorted. He knew Chanyeol, he'd got a little pride for himself but Kyungsoo's pride was much more higher than the taller guy's.

"Okay. Then don't call or text me again." Kyungsoo affirmed, "Goodbye."

As soon as that, the taller started to panicked, he yelled, "Wait, wait. Kyungsoo, I'm sorry." Chanyeol cried out as he begged for Kyungsoo not to end the call. "I should've asked you. I was wrong, I'm sorry. I'll delete it right away if that'll please you."

Kyungsoo kept silent whilst Chanyeol's blabbering his apology, didn't even utter a word. He listened to all of Chanyeol's excuses, he knew Chanyeol he won't stop bothering him until he gave him what he needed. Chanyeol started to rambe about different things, such as he would find a new job for Kyungsoo or he would sell his dog. But, Kyungsoo kept silent, still listening to Chanyeol's nonsense.

Chanyeol started to talked about his mother, Kyungsoo knew that Chanyeol missed his mom but his mother was in their hometown and Chanyeol needed to work here in Seoul. Chanyeol was sensitive with his mother and he would rarely brought the topic out. The latter cried about how much he missed his mother and cursed God for parting him with her.

"It's okay, don't worry. You'll soon meet her, you can go visit her." Kyungsoo finally comforted the other.

Taking Kyungsoo replied as a chance, Chanyeol started to talk about their relationship, but as soon as that Kyungsoo closed his mouth shut.

Catching the point, Chanyeol cried out, "I miss my mom!"

Kyungsoo almost snorted at that, he tried his best to comfort Chanyeol, who's then crying and sniffing. Chanyeol was crying about how he missed his mom and sister through the phone call, Kyungsoo could picture Chanyeol's state at the moment. Chanyeol was someone who would find his way through crying, sometimes he would cry his eyes out to get something from Kyungsoo. And, ing-ly Kyungsoo had a weak spot for a crying giant.

Chanyeol's still sniffing when Kyungsoo ended the call, he had threatened the big guy that he would end the call if he kept crying but Chanyeol swore him back that if he ended the call he'd come over and cry loudly to wake the whole neighborhood. So, Kyungsoo ended the call with a tired "goodnight" and a promise that he'd not end the relationship with the taller guy.

Chanyeol's a big guy with a big heart and a mind of baby but pigheaded mature man. Afterall, his stubbornness was Chanyeol's secret beauty.

Kyungsoo once confessed his crush at first sight to Chanyeol, discovering something hilarious on the way. Chanyeol had a crush on him twice. Meaning, when they first met Chanyeol had his eyes for Kyungsoo, and when the second time Kyungsoo went to the shop he liked Kyungsoo again, thinking he was a different person. That's why you seemed familiar the second time I saw you. Chanyeol said with a loud laugh.

Park Chanyeol was a charming man, though sometimes he'd be really clumsy, and no matter Kyungsoo didn't want the overgrown giraffe to get a power over him, he couldn't stop it. Baekhyun had requested him to tell Chanyeol if he hadn't still got any feelings for the latter, because Chanyeol is a fine man, he's innocent and he didn't deserve to be treated like this. Kyungsoo, you must soon clear things up, the longer you hold him the more he suffers at the end. Not that Kyungsoo liked to kept lying to the taller guy too, he didn't enjoy acting like he loved Chanyeol back whilst he's sure he didn't. But, whenever he tried to let go of Chanyeol, there's a reluctance in his stomach, something stopped him, screaming in his mind and growing regret in his intestine.

Whenever Kyungsoo tried to picture himself without the clumsy, overgrown giraffe, he couldn't. There's always an empty space in his heart, something which he didn't quite understand always stopped him from walking away, a voice always screamed in his mind that he won't be able to live without Chanyeol. And he really hated it, to be honest.

Their first time was hilarious and at the same time infuriating, because Kyungsoo had never had as unromantic as that. They had made out for almost an hour because Chanyeol was a little scared and didn't really dare to rush. But, when Kyungsoo mentioned about giving him a little time or they could do it later, Chanyeol would refuse saying he wanted it and he's ready for it. After finally taking off the taller guy's pants and prepared himself Chanyeol refused to push in, because Kyungsoo's hole was too small and Chanyeol's shaft was too big and the stupid overgrown giraffe was scared he'd hurt Kyungsoo. Even after Kyungsoo tried to reason that he's ready for it, Chanyeol would refuse and that only ended up Kyungsoo to prepare himself for hlaf an hour, by himself because a certain stupid overgrown giraffe with a monkey's ears disgusted the hole and refused to stick his fingers in. That only resulted them to start all over again, because Chanyeol big shaft chose to losen up and Kyungsoo needed to make out with him again.

That was the most tiring Kyungsoo ever had, but felt a little guilty to learn that it's Chanyeol's first time. Because Chanyeol deserved to lost his ity to someone who truly loved him, not someone like Kyungsoo who's not sure if he even liked him.

After three weeks of that night, Chanyeol asked Kyungsoo to accompany him to his trip to his hometown to visit his mother and sister. Kyungsoo sternly rejected it, because he didn't really like a train, it's too noisy and mostly there's lots of people. Chanyeol had come that night, standing in front of Kyungsoo's house, texting him to open the door, but Kyungsoo didn't believe him. He told the overgrown giraffe to just go home if he seriously stood in front of his door, but Chanyeol refused to it. Kyungsoo still cared for Chanyeol, and standing in an open area for such hour in such a late and chilly night, Chanyeol would surely catch a cold, so with a tired sigh Kyungsoo opened the door and peaked out to check if Chanyeol was really standing there.

And, to his dismay, Chanyeol was seriously standing there with a hoddie and ripped jeans. Kyungsoo groaned as he walked out of the house and scolded at the taller guy. Chanyeol's shivering from cold, and Kyungsoo showed a deaf ear for that. He scolded Chanyeol for being too stupid and stubborn and told him to go home. But, Chanyeol had refused, stood his place firmly, and won't move until Kyungsoo accepted to go with him. After Kyungsoo gave him a stern big fat "no" he started to cry again, even if Kyungsoo pretended to go back in the house, Chanyeol yelled "Kyungsoo-ah" for several times, with that annoying tone of his. Kyungsoo had faced the man and glared at him, but Chanyeol only cried loudly and Kyungsoo knew if he didn't stop he'd wake the neighbors up. Without a choice, Kyungsoo promised to go with him, but the taller guy insisted to stay because it's a late hour and he didn't bring any vehicles with him. When Kyungsoo stood against the idea, Chanyeol started to attack him with the annoying, "Kyungsoo-ah. Kyungsoo-ah. Kyungie. D.O. Do. Yah, Kyungsoo-yah. Do Kyungsoo-yah." and Kyungsoo eventually let him in.

"You're stupid, Park Chanyeol."

Kyungsoo thought it's only going to be him and Chanyeol but the overgrown stupid giraffe with a monkey's ears invited Baekhyun and Sehun. Kyungsoo knew that it was going to be a mini hell, because Chanyeol and Baekhyun really get along thank to their personalities and liked to do embarrassing things a lot. They were super ultrasound duo, because they shouted too loud; beyond human's hearing range.

The town was small but refreshing and Kyungsoo started to grow fond of it and Chanyeol's mother was one of the angels, his sister was much the same to the three geusts but always bickering with Chanyeol. What Kyungsoo liked the most about the town was the nature, the environment, it really reflected to Chanyeol's nature. It brought out a bright nature, a happiness and calmness. The town was a reflection of a mini heaven for Kyungsoo, even the weather became dull and wind started to blow, the town still shone with all the flowers that rounded every house. Kyungsoo decided to live here with Chanyeol in the future, his own thought made him chuckle as he realised he started to plan his future with Chanyeol in it.

Chanyeol showed the town to the three guys, walking them down and up the hills, taking a fresh air. It's been a long since Kyungsoo had taken in a fresh air of high peak and he genuinely liked the idea of coming along with Chanyeol, the overgrown giraffe seemed to please seeing Kyungsoo enjoyed the town as well. Chanyeol was walking carelessly at the edges of the hills, even though Kyungsoo told him to be careful and roughly pulled him many times.

"Don't worry. I'm good at this." Chanyeol protested as he pulled back his arms from Kyungsoo's grips. "I won't fall that–" And Chanyeol was gone, falling down the slope with a tremble "easily" the finish for his sentence.

Kyungsoo dumbly stood there, looking at the empty spot that Chanyeol occupied seconds ago. Chanyeol liked to prank him a lot and he did that before many times. He even faked choking on his food and pretend to die which made Kyungsoo to shed tears, weeks ago. But, there's no sound, no laughing from down there, panicked started to raise in him, Kyungsoo ran down the slope.

"Chanyeol! Chanyeol!" He cried out, running down the small hill.

Hearing his voice, Baekhyun and Sehun came running towards them. Kyungsoo saw Chanyeol at the end of the hill, where it met the plain. Chanyeol was lying there with blood smeared on his face and forearms. Kyungsoo started to cry, this times he's not sobbing but crying, loudly. He called Chanyeol's name many times, but the owner won't answer him and Kyungsoo started to quake from fear.

Baekhyun called Chanyeol's mother right away, who called other villagers and came to the spot that Baekhyun had described. They brought Chanyeol to the hospital, which was small compared to the ones in Seoul, and there's only one hospital too. But, it seemed the nurses and doctors there were good as much as Seoul's, because Chanyeol woke up the next day, at noon.

Doctor said that Chanyeol had hit his forehead and seemed like he used his forearms to protect his head because there's not much head injuries and lots of scratches on his forearms. Kyungsoo didn't eat anything nor did he batted a single eyelash for once, he was too worried that something bad would happen to Chanyeol though the doctor said that there's no severe injury.

As soon as he was informed that Chanyeol was awake, he ran into the room. Chanyeol was sitting up against the bed head, others standing around him. Kyungsoo was the last one to know of Chanyeol's waking up as he was forced to eat something at the hospital's canteen by Chanyeol's mother. He silently walked over to the patient, others excused themselves out of the room because the couple needed a time alone.

"Chanyeol." Kyungsoo sighed in relief when he stood next to Chanyeol's bed, the latter in his reach.

"Excuse me. But who are you?" Chanyeol furrowed his brows in confusion as he tilted his head.

As soon as Kyungsoo heard those words, he felt the pain in his chest that shot through his body, the cracking and shattering sound of his insides, the heaviness in his stomach and the breaking sound of his heart. Chanyeol didn't remember him, he forgot everything, the times they went through and the times they've spent together, the sweet memories and the worst history. Chanyeol forgot everything that they made together, the things they did together and Kyungsoo had never found himself so emotional as that before. He had never shed tears as much before, he had never felt so lost and so weak before. He looked down at his hands in defeat with tears blocking his views although they fell nonstop from his eyes.

And there's a loud laughter coming from above, he snapped his head back to the patient. Chanyeol was laughing as he slaps his laps, so hard that there's tears on his eyes. Kyungsoo started to realise that Chanyeol had once pranked on him again, he really liked to do that a lot.

"You should see yourself!" Chanyeol cried out as he clutched his stomach and still laughing loudly.

" you, Park!" Kyungsoo exclaimed as he rubbed off the tears and started to land punches on Chanyeol's arms, who was still laughing and at the same time whining.

"You love me!" Chanyeol huffed out between his laughter.

And, Kyungsoo realised, yes he loved him, he loved Chanyeol. Very much. After all those confusion of if he liked Chanyeol or not, he didn't realise that, no, he loved Chanyeol. He didn't like him, he loved him. After not knowing for that long, Kyungsoo now perceived, and he won't ever forget it or get confused again. He looked deeply into Chanyeol's eyes who stared back at him, laughing and hitting already forgotten as they longingly stared into each other's eyes intently. Kyungsoo leaned in, pressing his lips against the stupid, clumsy but lovely overgrown giraffe with a monkey's ears' ones. Now that he realised his feelings, the kiss suddenly became meaningful, more addicted and lovely. The truth behind the kiss, the meaning started to clear up to Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo swore to his soul that he'd keep Chanyeol in his life, in every future of his, Chanyeol would be there. As he had become the main protagonist in Chanyeol's life, the taller guy would become one too in his. He'd never let go the clumsy, stupid, stubborn, baby-ish, yet lovely overgrown giraffe, even if sometimes Chanyeol became too annoying.

And, like that, the story of the two ended which was soon to be started.

[THE END]