Bonus || My Life With You

April, and a flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Hey Chenchen, will you marry me?"

 

Chen stood frozen on the ground. What the hell did he just hear? He was just about to go in the kitchen and prepare breakfast for both him and his boyfriend but suddenly he was asked to get married?

 

He was supposed to do that and not the other way around. He even prepared a ing song and a great performarce just to do that, only the person he wants to marry was unable to see it.

 

So hearing Minseok utters a question about a future with him, he was caught off guard. It was really out of nowhere. Or maybe not since they are in a relationship for three years already. There's this thought too that they just reconciled last night and to think they just had a very romantic time together on bed.

 

"W–What?" Chen asks dumbly as he snaps his head towards his boyfriend who's still burried inside the comforter, head slightly poking outside and not totally hiding himself out of embarrassment.

 

Hearing the bewilderment on Chen's voice, Minseok completely untangles himself out from the soft fabric and sits up properly on the bed. They are both fully clothed now, courtesy of Chen taking care of everything after their passionate love making last night. 

 

"I said will you marry me?" He says, repeating his words too confidently as if it's the most normal question to ask in a one fine morning day. 

 

Chen's mouth finally loses it's control and stays agape, unable to make his response. It's quite funny if you will witness it.

 

Minseok takes his reaction as a no, though he was not surprise with the response. After all, it was really a sudden question. Maybe it's still too early. He didn't even prepare flowers, candles or whatever.

 

He scratches his head and speaks, "I understand if you don't wan—"

 

"NO!" Chen suddenly blurts out but taking it back as soon as he said it. "I mean, no it's not what you think Minmin. I didn't say no to your proposal. I would marry you anytime, anywhere I'd always say yes, so yes let's get married!"

 

Minseok stiffens. After a few seconds of processing what he just heard from Chen, he finally cracks a blissful smile. All of his worries are instantly wiped out. 

 

"Oh thank God! You don't know how happy I've become right now Chenchen. I love you Dae! I love you so soooo much," Minseok confesses as he runs toward Chen's direction and jumps on him while showering the satisfied-looking man with light but sickeningly sweet kisses.

 

Chen returns the enthusiasm, he even nibbles Minseok's lower lips and adjusts his hold on Minseok, carefully not to drop him. The thought of them getting married finally sinks in. They only stop when Minseok voices out his concern.

 

"I —I thought you would say no..." He says, panting.

 

Chen almost felt offended. "Oh Minseok please," he says playfully while faking a hurt cry just to ease the tension. "It's just that... I'm surprise, you caught me off guard. I'm not prepared, I mean I'm not prepared for you to ask– wait that sounded so wrong..."

 

"Dae"

 

"What I'm trying to say is I should be the one to ask you. I even prepared everything, wait you didn't even see it and I will be ruining the surprise"

 

"Chenchen?"

 

"I don't even know if you will see it... Our friends even helped to uh- wait I still should not say it, it's still possible for you to see it for yourself"

 

"Chennie..."

 

"I got Junmyeon's approval. I planned everything for many months, 7 months and 21 days to be exact. I'm so excited and nervous at the same time but I still proceeded with it though it turns out differently at the end. If we only didn't have that stupid misunderstanding... Wait, I'm not trying to insult—"

 

"Jongdae!"

 

Chen heard Minseok shouts but failing to notice the other's more than one attempt to get his attention. He was confused for a moment.

 

"W-What?" He asks, still in the state of confusion.

 

"You're blabbering..." Minseok says, amused.

 

"Oh..."

 

"I called you more than once but you were so lost in your own monologue," Minseok sighs. "What do you mean about the surprise? What did I miss? And your friends helping you? Even Junmyeon?? Just- just what are you talking about?"

 

"Uh..."

 

Chen decided to postpone his prior engagement to those cooking utensils, breakfast can wait. They need to have the 'talk' first and foremost. 

 

He takes a deep breath before walking on the bed's direction with Minseok still in his arms. He carries the other and sits him on the bed. They sat together side by side.

 

"Don't freak out, okay? We need to talk"

 

"Now, you're scaring me? No more break up talks please.."

 

"Huh wha– No! Minseok it's not that talk... This is a 'talk' regarding our future and for goodness sake, God knows how much I love you I'll never have that talk. And just in case you forgot, I already said yes to your proposal just a minute ago..."

 

Minseok releases his breath that he didn't know he was holding after hearing assurance from his boyfriend now soon to be husband. 

 

"Sorry, I just thought... normally that's what people would say when they want to break up with their partners. You know.. the famous line 'we need to talk'.." He smiles sheepishly. He should never again jump to any conclusions so easily. It only brings trouble and more misconceptions along the way.

 

"And we are not those people. Please, let's not have this misunderstanding again. We just cleared one and besides, we will never break up," Chen sighs deeply. He caresses his fiancé's nape and almost whisper the next few words he utters.

 

"I think what I did last night didn't satisfy you... Is it not enough to instill in that cute stubborn brain of yours how I'm so head over heels for you? Only you Minseok, the only person I ever truly love"

 

Soft lips lands on Minseok's forehead. They both feel the chilling sensation.

 

"Always remember that babe or... perhaps I should remind you again," Jongdae says with great determination coupled by an evident tone of teasing. Muttering the last words ily and in an octave lower than his normal range as he burries his face on the crook of Minseok's neck. 

 

Minseok turns a bright color of the sunset. Where was the confidence he was holding before? He even finally found the courage to ask Jongdae's hand for marriage but with just a little teasing from his lover, he becomes a blushing ghost. Whipped culture as its finest.

 

"You didn't answer me," Minseok states instead. He wants to deviate the topic from his growing embarrassment.

 

Chen bores his eyes in Minseok's, staring so deeply that Minseok felt like drowning. Chen really loves him like how he loves the other. They are both in love, but they are both dumb too.

 

Chen takes his time to pepper Minseok with little kisses, short pecks but meaningful. 

 

"I'm gonna start from the very beginning so you better listen Minnie. After this, you should never think of useless things again or... I'll get you punish"

 

Minseok gulps, still feeling hot from the sensation. He returns the sweet kisses and nods, as he signals to Jongdae to continue.

 

"Everything started as we enter our final year here at Uni. I begin to think about our future... after graduation what will become of us? And that's why I've come up with.. asking you for marriage. But as we all know, it almost didn't happen," he chuckles as he heard his boyfriend gasps at the revelation. Seeing that Minseok didn't plan to interfere, Chen continues his confession.

 

"Yes, almost. If not for our friends and with Jun's quick plan to replace my original, I wouldn't know what to do. I probably wouldn't graduate as well," he sighs, holding Minseok's hand and rubbing small circles on it. He remembers how their friends had greatly helped him.

 

"You see, I saw an opportunity to do my proposal with our final recital. I–I know, I know it's crazy don't give me that look"

 

Minseok giggles at his flustered boyfriend but didn't attempt to speak, Chen takes it as his cue to continue.

 

"You know me, I love to let the world know about you, us.. and how lucky I am to be with you," he clears his throat. "I know you love me even if I'm this romantic, yeah I prefer to be called romantic rather than a spoiled milk with molds all over. Being cheesy is too overrated. So anyway as I was saying, after the unfortunate incident, I still proceeded with my proposal but with a little twist.. I won't spoil it for you, wait– uh let me get my phone—" 

 

Chen moves to take his phone from the side table of the bed and punches a few code before giving it to Minseok.

 

Minseok gave him a questioning look but takes the phone regardless.

 

"Just watch it and tell me what you think..." Chen tries to lie down on Minseok's lap, facing a stomach as he hug his boyfriend. He's clearly embarrassed, trying to hide his red face with the hug.

 

Minseok chuckles but he allows Jongdae to do what he wants. He whips his head back on the phone screen and notices the play button. It was a video? A video of Chen's performance to be exact. He taps the play button and gives his full attention on it.

 

It always feels like a déjà vu whenever Minseok sees his boyfriend standing on a stage full of crowds. Somehow he feels so proud, how can he be together with this perfect boyfriend? He always thinks that he is the lucky one here. But he also knows that Chen will get upset if he continues to think this way. Because for him, they are equals.

 

He was pulled from his deep thoughts when he heard Jongdae sings from the video. It's the same melody, same notes, same lyrics, same song. 

 

How? All this time? It was for me?

 

Memories came rushing like falling boulders to Minseok. He remembers seeing a glimpse of the music sheets in Chen's room, hearing a little part of the song the same day he saw Chen with that girl. Then, all of the ideas click together like a completed jigsaw puzzle.

 

He prepared this for me... his final piece...

 

Lone tears fell on Minseok's reddish cheeks. He was overwhelmed.

 

ing Kim Jongdae why are you so perfect?! This is... this is just so ing beautiful

 

Minseok felt the tightening of the arms around him. It was his boyfriend and his way of trying to comfort him. He can't help but smile at the gesture.

 

The performance was finished in the blink of an eye but for Minseok, it was magical. He was about to say something when Chen's voice resonates in the room again, coming from the mobile phone. The video is not yet finished, and again his boyfriend has still a lot mo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter