A Bumpy Ride

The terror of the Mongols

 

Baekhyun had regained consciousness and the moment he remembered what had happened before, he began to throw his hands at anyone, anything he could hit. The guards who were stationed around him to keep an eye on him were shocked by the aggression of the rather innocent-looking boy. the guards jumped on top of him with rapid reaction. While one held his hands to the ground, another fastened his hands with a rough piece of string. But Baekhyun did not give up so quickly. He kicked the soldier who had tied his hands and now just got up full in his wrong area. This man rapidly covered his sensitive area and groaned in pain as he fell down, just in the right spot for Baekhyun to be able to kick the man in the face as well. A few of the guards looked at the aggressor and then at the victim with horror in their eyes. They began to complain loudly about the difficult task their leader had given them. Baekhyun certainly did not speak fluent Mongolian, but with the few key words and the intonation of the irritated soldiers the message was clear. And before Baekhyun could understand any more of their mongolian babble, he was knocked out by one of them.

 

The second time Baekhyun awoke he was basically flying through the cart. And since his hands were still tied together he didn’t exactly have the possibility of protecting his body in the crash. The second he hit the ground he felt warmth flow through his nose and his brain was thumping harshly, especially when he heard muffled shouting and screams. Before he could even react one of the soldiers was already dragging him by his feet to his assigned place. Baekhyun slowly regained his senses even though his head was aching, he was able to murmur out the words “What the heck even was that?”.

 

“I believe we crashed into some-” But the soldier was cut off by what appeared to be the leader of their gang. “Could you just shut your facehole for once? We do not owe him an answer.”

“Well Khadagh didn’t specifically tell us NOT to talk to him.”

 

“He did say make it harsh on him. Do you think saving him from confusion by answering his questions is a good way to be harsh on him? You moron. God bless the soul that will marry you, fricking-” Before their leader could utter one word more, the door of the cart was opened, a person was thrown inside and the door was slammed close again. The person laid still for a few seconds. But then soft cries could be heard. The leader chuckled, “Are you crying now? Tell us what happened.” The stranger lifted his head from the ground and Baekhyun could see a huge cut reaching from his chin to his left ear, it looked like a fresh wound. The man glared at the leader.

“Jeez they got you bad, huh?” Another soldier spoke up. And the stranger laid his head back down on the floor. The leader arose from his seat and with loud, intimidating footsteps he neared the man. He grabbed the man by his long ponytail and dragged him to the center of the cart, while the man was screaming out of pain. There he dropped him and crouched down next to him.

“When I order you to do something, you do it. Got it?” The man on the ground subtly nodded his head.

“I said, did you get that?” His voice now clearly angered. The man now quickly nodded and with cracked voice muttered out a confirmation.

“Okay so now tell us what happened.” The man sat up straight and stretched his legs, staring at his knees.

“I had heard you were around and everyone was supposed to stay inside, but uhm one of my sheep escaped.” He scratched his hair and chuckled rather sadly, “So of course I had no other option other than finding my sheep. I went outside with three other sheep of mine and my dog. As I was searching for Vivi-”

“Wait who is Vivi?” A soldier interrupted.

“It’s the sheep that had escaped, you idiot sandwich.” Another replied. The stranger cleared his throat and continued,

 

“As I was saying, I was looking for my sheep and suddenly all my sheep started running off. Instinctively me and my dog followed them, only to find a man in the middle of a road trying to kidnap Vivi by wrapping her in a net. My other sheep surrounded the man and started bleating at him. I rushed over and tried to take Vivi from this horrible man, while cursing at him. Suddenly I hear loud rumbling down the road. The man runs off and I try to untie Vivi. My other sheep had already run off the road. The cart was nearing and before i knew, the cart came to abrupt stop right in front of me. Then one of your soldiers stepped off the cart grabbed my arm, as to make it impossible for me to leave. Vivi ran off, so my rescuing mission had been for nothing. As I kept struggling, the man took out something sharp, maybe a knife, and cut me right across the face.” A few of the soldiers hissed in pain as they imagined what it must have felt like.

 

“And that’s when i was weak enough for them to drag me into this hole.” The corners of the leader’s mouth twitched up ever so slightly and with a deep, but in a way kind of gentle, he said “Welcome to our hole, may you work hard for us a lifetime or rest in peace.”

The soldiers started clapping and cheering.

“Now tell me,” The leader interrupted the cheers, “What is your name?”

 

“My name is Oh Sehun.”