Chapter 2

What Really Happened
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Two

 

Taeyeon was amazed by his presence. This schizophrenia patient didn’t seem like he was crazy at first glance. Well, Taeyeon did expect that much from him when she saw his picture and profile folder. His hair was long it reached his shoulder and it was red but the root of his hair was black. Taeyeon assumed he got permission to somewhat dye his hair red. His bangs covered his right eye. Taeyeon knew that this patient was trying to cover his insecurities about his birthmark below his right eye that shaped like an upside down triangle. This patient just like any other patient in the facility was wearing a white straight jacket which weren’t strapped on and white jogging pants to match it.

 

Taeyeon stood up to greet him when he walked near the couch opposite to her, “Hi, I’m Dr. Kim Taeyeon.” The patient smiled at her. “Hello Dr. Kim, my name is Kwon Jiyoung.” Taeyeon return his smile with her own as she gestured him to seat opposite to her.

 

Jiyoung sat down properly with his legs crossed and his hands clasp together on his lap like any other normal gentleman would do on the outside word. “What brings you here, Dr. Kim?” he asked. “I am here to see if you’re doing well, Jiyoung.” She said as she flipped through her folder. “Do you mind if I as you some questions?” she asked. Jiyoung’s demeanor changed instantly. He was so calm on his chair that even Taeyeon began to doubt if he was indeed really diagnosed as someone who has schizophrenia. “Do I get to avoid questions I don’t like?” Taeyeon out of habit spun the red crayon on her finger as she answered him yes. “Then, ask away doctor Kim.”

 

“When was the time you went out of this facility?”

 

“About a year ago, I was given a week with permission to celebrate my Christmas with my parents.”

 

Taeyeon checked his files and indeed, he was out with permission with his family during Christmas. In order not to shock Jiyoung and for him to lower his guard from Taeyeon; Taeyeon figured she should start with mundane questions. “Did you enjoy your vacation then?” Jiyoung smiled as if he remembered something funny- a private joke that only him seems to know. “It was fun. We went to a ski resort, our cabin was so big and I was so happy to spend my Christmas with my mom and dad.” Taeyeon nodded, “That’s nice. Can you tell me more about yourself?”

 

Jiyoung acted as if he was thinking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter