Chapter 1

Risk it All
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seoul, Korea [13:00; KST]

 

Flashes of camera can be seen throughout the whole studio. The defeaning silence covers the area, making sure all the people inside focus on the on going photoshoot. A brunette wearing a black dress, covered with shiny gliterring stones and a long slit at the side exposing her short but flawless legs, was posing infront of a camera with her seductive cat-like eyes. All of the staffs involved were mesmerized at the beauty infront of them. I mean who wouldn't, right?

 

"Jennie you're doing great!"

 

"Marvelous!"

 

"Chin up, let them see your beauty darling"

 

"Look at the camera as if you're infront of your lover."

 

"That's perfect!"

 

The photographer's voice echoed at the four walls of the studio, with his occassional instructions and compliments. The brunette smiled and continued just like how a professional would work. The flashes were nonstop, every little details, every single pose or how her eyes changed from serious to being seductive, were all caught by the camera. Her eyes were a shade of gray, covered with smoky make up making it look y. Her lips were painted red as if she owns it by how the color red looks so' good on her. The black dress matches her sinnous body, marking all her assets and curves. Her white porcelain skin look so soft against the silk fabric covering some parts of her body. She was wearing heels, making her legs look longer than the usual.

 

She was the definition of gorgeous and y, and she knows it.

 

"Try to look innocent yet y darling." The gay photographer instructed.

 

The brunette mentally rolled her eyes before complying to his request. She leaned her back against the white wall and lifted her exposed leg a bit. She looked directly infront of the camera and gently bit her red lips. All of the staffs caught their breaths, and if I said all of them, may it be a girl or a boy. Hell, even a gay will instantly become straight and worship the goddess infront of them. They were all in a trance.

 

"Oh my god! That's it girl!"

 

"Just stop talking and do your job." She hissed. She was so done with him squealing the entire time.

 

The photographer didn't mind what his model just said and excitedly click on his camera as if his lens caught a masterpiece, which is true and is in the form of Jennie Kim.

 

"Okay! Let's wrap up! Good job Miss Kim. You're such a professional model." his high-pitched voice exclaimed. She replied with a small nod and turned her back on him before proceeding to her dressing room.

 

"She's pretty but her attitude ."

 

"Yeah, what a waste."

 

It was one of the whisperings she heard. She stopped and looked at the girls whispering to each other, with a deadly glare. That seemed to shut them up.

 

Jennie is an Artist-slash-Singer who's in the top of brand reputation ranking. The most sought girl to be the brand ambassador and the gem of KS entertainment. She's pretty famous worldwide with her bop musics and it was always in the music charts at no.1 spot. She has this reputation of having a face of an angel, with a devil's tongue. Even so, she's still the It girl everyone loves and hates.

 

While she struts down the hall, a guy blocked her way. Her cat-like eyes scrutinized the person from head to toe. Taking note of every feautures. She can't seem to recognize him but he looks so familiar.

 

'what does he need?' she rolled her eyes.

 

"Wow, you're very gorgeous Miss Kim. I've seen your photoshoot session. It was great." The man smiled charmingly while complimenting the burnette. Unfrotunately, it doesn't work with the girl.

 

"I know. Anything else?" her sharp tongue was on fire. The man's smile faltered and become nervous all of a sudden. Jennie didn't knew the man personally and he watched her at the photoshoot uninvited, it did creep her out.

 

"Oh, uhm well --I just want to invite you to a coffee--" the man was nervous as hell, he scratched his head shyly and before he can finish his question, the brunette cut her off.

 

"Look Mr. -- what's your name again?"

 

"Hanbin, I- my name is Hanbin." The man smiled and offered a hand.

 

Now she remembered. She always caught him looking at her everytime they are in music bank. Hanbin is a ladies man. His features were pleasing to the eyes but unfortunately, she's not interested.

 

"Oh Hanbin-ssi, how come you knew my schedule?" Her eyes squinted at him, looking him suspiciously as his fingers fidgeted. The brunette's voice were cold and suspicious.

 

"I uhm--"

 

"You what?"

 

"Well.. through... your manager." He muttered quietly. He looked at Jennie's eyebrows because he can't look directly at her eyes.

 

'That oppa. How dare he?' The brunette clenched her teeth. She was fuming in the inside but managed to remain calm at the outside.

 

"Look, Mr. Hanbin-ssi I'm not interested and please stop talking with my manager. It's creepy." she faked a smile before leaving and went inside her dressing room.

 

The furious steps of her heels can be heard from miles away. Her team inside the dressing room temsed up, knowing it was the signal of the brunette getting angry and throwing tantrums. The door burst open with a Jennie, smiling sweetly. And trust me, it was scarier. Like how a grim reaper smiles at you, welcoming your death.

 

"Manager, how many times do I have to tell you not speak with anyone about my schedule?" Jennie narrowed her gaze at the man fidgeting and knees trembling.

 

"I'm so sorry m-miss Kim. It's just that he was persistent to know." his head hung low.

 

"Oh great, you didn't do anything right today. My coffee every morning was late. You arrived late. You drive really slowly, And now this? Seriously what can you do?"

 

"I-I'm sorry Ms. K-Kim."

 

"You are fired." She looked at the mirror and checked herself. The room was dead silent. No one dares to help the poor manager if they don't want to be caught in Jennie's anger.

 

"N-no please, I really need this job." He was now on his knees, begging for his job.

 

"Not my problem anymore." With that said, Jennie Kim her heels and left the dressing room with his ex-manager on the floor. The others just looked at him sympathetically.

 

"I think I should get a massage first." She warmed up her shoulders and craned her neck. She smiled devilishly to herself.

 

Job well done Ruby Jane.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------

 

At the same time...

 

Bangkok, Thailand [11:00; ICT]

 

Clothes were scattered across the room. A golden headed woman was on her closet looking for something as her things went flying to the other side. The duffel bag on her side was filled with clothes and toiletries.

 

"Aha! Found it." She muttered quietly. She got the cap she hid for several years. A black cap with a golden LM embroided at the front. She was wearing a white longsleeves tucked inside a high waist fitted jeans. She wore the cap, but not forgetting to fix her precious bangs.

 

She carried the duffel bag on her shoulders and went to her big bedroom. She looked around for awhile and laughed at her mess. She walked near her bed as she placed a hotdog pillow under the comforter and some clothes so it will look like there's someone under the sheets.

 

"I'd leave this here.." She placed a set of keys in the bedside table. She was about to turn around when there's something that caught her attention, a framed picture at the top of the table caught her attention to be exact. She caressed it and gazed over the photo before she turned her back. She heaved a deep sigh before going infront of the window.

 

The sun was shining brightly against the glass of the big window. The golden haired girl opened it and climb upon the steel.

 

"Oh , this is high." She looked below herself. Her heart was beating out of her chest. Lisa had the craziest idea of jumping out of it. Not because she wanted to end her life, but instead she wanted to escape the reality.

 

"This is now or never." With the duffel bag hanging by her side, and a ticket in her right hand. She jumped out and tumbled against the green lawn.

 

"Oh !" She clenched her jaw as pain hits all throughout her body. She was cursing and hissing in pain when suddenly a chuckle was heard.

 

"You should have used the door Lisa." She shot her head up with big, frightened eyes, but soon calmed as a woman who appears to be in her late 40's was infront of her.

 

"That's not cool though." She pouted her lips as she dusted the dirt out of her clothes. The woman smiled at her and helped her.

 

"You crazy brat. Take care of yourself ok?" She was calm but a hint of worry can be seen on her features. Lisa's heart melted and hugged the woman.

 

"I will eomma." she sighed. Lisa embraced the woman tightly before seperating.

 

"Update me anytime ok? Be happy." The woman had tears in her eyes that made the golden haired girl chuckled.

 

"I will. Take care of yourself too eomma." She waved before running away from her house in Thailand. She rode a cab and went to the airport. She looked at the ticket in her hands that says Seoul, Korea.

 

The cab stopped at the front of the terminal and the golden haired girl paid and said a small 'thank you' before going. She went inside and the only bag she brought was checked. She glanced at the time and realized she still have 10 mins to board the plane.

 

"I'm hungry." she murmured but decided she will just eat on the plane. Not long after, her flight was announced and Lisa boarded the plane with new goals in mind.

 

Her seat was on the window side, letting her see the world as she travels to Seoul, Korea. She glanced outside and several thoughts kept running in her head.

 

Can she have a job? Nevermind she'll just live with her friend.

 

Can she forget everything?

 

Can she atleast get the happy life, like the one she always wanted?

 

Lisa wants to start anew. Away from the problems she left in thailand, away from the sad reality that keeps on tormenting her. Away from the memories that keeps on hunting her.

 

'Korea, I'm coming.'

 

With that, Lisa let her mind rest for awhile and slept.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------

 

After 5 hours and 5 mins.

 

Seoul, Korea [18:05; KST]. 

 

The golden haired girl was now at Seoul, Korea. Her long legs stride against the floor of the airport as the sunglasses she had was still on her tall nose. Her outfit wasn't anything grand nor does she have anything unusual but the people from the airport kept giving her looks of admiration or curiosity? Or maybe both. She looked at the airport's clock and to her watch, realizing that the time difference was 2 hours.

 

"Is she a model?"

 

"Wow, her legs are really long."

 

"She looks like a living barbie."

 

The last comment made her snort in disgust. First of all, she hates being compared to a barbie, and second, she doesn't want to garner any attention. She fished out her phone from the pocket of her jeans and messaged her friend who she knew way before they were kids.

 

'Hey Kang, fetch me here at the airport.' she typed. She laughed, thinking of how her friend would overly react. Nobody knew that she's now here. Before she can take a step forward, her phone rings.

 

Bear is calling you....

 

"Hello." She shortly greeted.

 

"Yah! Lalisa!" the other line shrieked

 

.

 

"Calm your Seulgi." The golden haired girl said. She went away from the prying eyes of the crowd.

 

"Hey! My are calm. They may be small but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter