CHAPTER 5:"SM ENTERTAINMENT & EUN-HAE"

My life with Eunhyuk

NO-ONE'S POV:

SM Ent. is one of the biggest and bestest organizations in Seoul, South Korea which ensures to select the best out of the bests and train them to make them perfect with long practicising hours and strict schedules to bring out the best from an individual... Trainees in this Institute always give their 100% to make themselves visible in the eyes of their teachers, choreographers, professors... This institute provides lessons for singing, dancing, rapping,acting, live shows MC-ing, etiquettes and behaviorism which not only enhances their talent but also makes them a civilized individual preparing them to make their debut nationally, internationally and then the biggest of all "The Hallyu" which is Daebak(huge popularity) for any Korean artist... 

SM believes in selecting young teenagers who have the capability to match upto their criteira, who are then made to focus 75% on their training and 25% on their academics... Students are provided with accomodation and food by the institution. Every weekend a "WEEKLY EXAM" is held where all artists have to give out their own respective piece of what they have learned in the training; created and choreographed by themselves.

  1. Acting students have to perform a sample of their acting talent 
  2. Rappers & singers have to originate their own lyrics and compose them, it depends it could be one-liner or just one verse depending on how innovative you can be by creating a new composition every single week.
  3. Dancers have to prepare their own choreography depending on what genre of dance they belong to....
  4. When on higher levels of training; people perform in groups which make them work on all three or more than one aspect of the trainings i.e either acting, dancing, rapping&singing or dancing and singing, singing and acting etc etc... which gives them an opportunity to move one step closer to their debut as this is the deciding point where the teachers decide which student should be debuting "as solo" or "as a group"....

The first year is the most difficult because students have to cope up with their studies and tardiness from long practice hours as well as managing studies simultaneously, therefore in the first year students donot go through the "weekly exams", BUT, at the end of the first year they have to go through a major exam which decides whether they would move onto the next level or stay back at the first level,.

TOUGH right?????? But thats what prepares students to not take the training easy... and workhard....

DONGHAE'S POV:

"Yah! why don't you do the step properly?" I stood in front of Siwonnie who has been practicing this for the nth time since 12noon and now its 2pm in the afternoon.... It s not that he is a bad dancer, oh no... he's is good when it comes to dancing... but he has been focusing more of his time in taking acting classes because he is more inclined to it... but since we are a part of the group which is soon to debut so he has cut his time from acting and focusing more on dancing and singing, his voice is angelic and manly when he sings... I admire the hardwork he is doing so we can be the best... BUT for now we have got to perform tomorrow for the weekly exam... & Wonnie here is just ot getting the step right....  

I know .. I know... you must be thinking that why do we have to give the exam when we are going to be debuting soon....

Well...

The thing is this institute won't go easy even on its artists, although they have given us an official letter that we will be debuting at the end of the next year, which is just thirteen months away.... but just to not let us lose and think we have achieved everything, our institute makes us go through the exams and boy they are not an easy thing to pass because the level of difficulty and expectations have just gone to a higher level everytime we perform, thus to match up the level we still stay on the grounds 'not high up in the sky', and practice with all our hearst as just one mistake would stop us from debuting.....

YES SME IS AUTHORIZED TO CANCEL THEIR DECISION ANYTIME THEY WANT..... THEY CAN EVEN DROP ANY CANDIDATE WHOM THEY FEEL IS INAPPROPRIATE FOR THE GROUP DEBUT.....

this is what I don't want, my group "SUPER JUNIOR 05" to suffer from, we have worked hard for about 4 years now and I don want any member to be dropped out because we have spent so much time together basically our netire teenage together, growing up together, living eating sleeping and being their for each other when we miss our families, its like we are "not-blood-related-REAL-BROTHERS" & a family.... I SO WANT US TO DEBUT TOGETHER

Our group members....we are a bunch of twelve hot guys *smirks*

Leeteuk- the leader (also known as mother of us all as he is the oldest and most caring, whenever members want a mother's hand caressing their hair and telling them that everything will just be fine, we go to him and he makes sure to even tuck us to sleep just like Ummas do to their babies - the worst part of it is when he gives us a goodnight kiss on the forehead--- thats too much for motherly love from him...... urrrrgggg)

Heechul- Second eldest and basically he's the diva of our group, he is more beautiful than any girl I have ever seen, and he feels proud of the fact.... he's blunt and straight forward, does'nt give a damn to people criticising him but when it comes to the group members he is violent enough to break a leg if anyone tries to bully or hurt his dongsaengs.. which I love about him, did I mention I am his favorite donsaeng *kekekeke proud smile*

Kangin- the strong man of our group, if Leetuk hyung is our mother then Kanging Hyung is our father

Hangeng: He is one of the best version of a charismatic-male-superstar, his aura is so like a star, he's Chinese still working hard with Korean, but he takes as much care of us as anyother of the group members, he's more close to Heechul hyung... He's not the one whom you could think of when it comes to being affectionate, but we all know that it is the little things that he does which make us realize that he is a big brother, he makes us the rice when we are hungry and too lathargic to cook it ourselves, he would sometimes give us a pat on the back when we do good at performing, he would cheer for us when we get good grades at school and most importantly he is always there for us when we need to cry our heart out,,, he's not a good consoler or he's not that perfect when it comes to playing with words(that too Korean words), but he is a good listener! Isnt that the only thing you want when you just want someone to hear your heart out, your nonsense, your blabbering, your stupid ideas, your insecurities... he understands them all and listens to us & that is the most that I like about him... also he is one of the lead dancers in our group, his genre is ballet, but when he mixes it with hip hop the outcome is just super awesomistic.....

Yesung: He is the main vocalist in our group and man his voice is just the most perfect a singer could ever possess. Apart from that he's got no talent.. *sorry Yesung Hyung*, he stays in his own little world of insecurities, he has got this crazy style of dancing *hahha it makes me laugh hysterically whenever I recall him dancing*, yesung__s_dance_gif_by_noni126-d4lusky.g

Ryewook: is the maknae of our group, he loves to cook for everybody, and sure for a man he is good at that, his food reminds me of Umma's cooking... yummmmm... he is also the lead singer of our group.... I still dont understand how he manages to bring out such a high-pitched-melodic voice from such a tiny-petite body... but he's great...

 

Kibum: my best friend, good in acting dancing, singing & rapping.. he's an all rounder.. he's got the killer smile which trainee girls die for, he's a charmer...

Siwon: is the "obedient-christain-about-to-become-an-idol" who will not forget to start his day without offering prayers and reading the Bible, he is a walking star, every action of his showcases stardom, the way he sits, the way he gets frustrated by stomping his feet on the floor, the way he pulls off his dirty shirts and then targest it into the laundry basket as if it was a basketball goal he is making, when he goes off to the gym he would knock his chest and then pass a kiss with two fingers.. I mean --- I dont know what to say but he's funny.... 

Sungmin: is also one of the lead singers in our group, he awesome at dancing, he is one of the most flexible man I have ever encountered....

Eunhyuk: hmmm..... how do I explain this guy to you.... to start off he is hardworking, one of the best dancers in the world, it may sound wierd if I say that I sometimes drool at the moves he does which make him look so sensual and yet handsome... he's an introvert will never lead a conversation perhaps he will never start a conversation when you are unknown to him... no he is not the shy-dumb-fellow.. the thing is that he does not want to open up to every one , he doesnot trust anyone easily, he has his own reasons of judging people which are not known to me, but apparently I am one of his best friends whom he shares all his secrets with and I keep the trust alive by not spreading it, cause Im not that kind who is looking for unfair publicity by rolling out my friends secrets.... He is the best rapper in our group, he writes most the rap lyrics for our group songs..  he is the sole reason for making me work hard becaue Im always impressed by the determination and hardwork he puts in everything, being it just as small as keeping his living space clean, he is a cleanliness freak by the way,, wants everything to be assembled and in order.... 

Shindong: He is responsible for the choreography of our group, its hard to understand how a guy round like a ball can be so light with his foot work, he can do the most difficult steps with ease and we just stand their bewildered at what just happened before our eyes... I respect him alot because he is one of the most funniest and hardworking hyung in our group... He also does rapping with our Eunhyukkie, who is also encharge of choreographing, basically Eunhyuk and Shindong are the creatives of our dance choreographies, placing the bad dancers *cough-Yesung-Ryewook-Heechul-Kangin-cough* at the back and the good dancers *smirks-ME-Eunhyukkie-Shindong-Hangeng-Siwon-Kibum-Sungmin-Leeteuk-smirks* in the front.....

Donghae: thats me, Aneyosyeo Im Donghae imnida... Im good at dancing, singing and acting.... I've been a trainee at SME for about 4 years now and love my members as much as I love my family.... 


"Wonnie, just take some rest now and try to assemble the steps with the figures....arasso?" Hyukkie comforted him, since he is the lead dancer and just cares as much about the others as I do..... well to think about it.... he cares rather more about us than anyone of us together.... 

Wonnie just nodded and then went to sit in one of the corners of the rehearsal rom, currently the members were all exhausted from practicing and were out on break, whereas me, Hyukkie and Wonnie were here just to make him get the step right.....

I went to sit besides Hyukkie who was now reading some papers in his hands... "Do you know what this is?" he asked me, I just shrugged while turning to his side to get a better look at what he was referring to? My eyes widened at what I just saw.............


"Sir please you know we have worked hard for this and we are promising you that once we are done with it we will be coming back with full devotion to becoming the best stars of this institute, you know we have been doing well as you are the one who has always apreciated us, we have been the best students who have consistently managed to meet upto your expectations when it comes to performing and maintaing the name of this institute, compared to what you have given us, the knowledge, the skills and the support, this is just a small request which I and my team wants to go through so that we know where we are standing when we are at a global platform with the best dancers around the world, Sir you know very well how the IDC works... you know it more than anyone of us, because you have beena part of the jury there once.... this is what we want for our ownselfs... just grant us this wish"

the man took a heavy breath after speaking ou the long speech in hope of having his wish granted, the later who was listening glanced at the kid in front of him, much with bewilderment of having heard so many words of truth and passion emitting out of the kid whom he least expected to have a tongue for expressing out words which have successfully made an impact on his desicion... The president of the SME Intitute, Lee Sooman, had already known that a group of the best dancers at his institute have been practicing to enter into the biggest dance competition in the world, but he knew that he could not let his students go out on a huge platform as this because somewhere he was insecure of not having the team representatives participate without proper consultation and guidance of representing Korea, this was not just a matter of his ownself but it was the pride of his country, what if the kids don't even make through the first round?.... Insecurities.. he knows the training that SME provides is not an easy deal, here everybody is taught how to compete to be the best so he knows that all he has is the bests in his institute, but some manage to spring themselves out by just one extra point, he knows he has bred the best entertainers who can accomodate themselves into any environment as they are trained to do so with hours, days, months, years of hardwork and practice... but somewhere he is insecure....

He had already made up his mind, until it was the words of this young boy which were full of determination and courage to make it through thick anf thin and be responsible representatives of the institue, it just made him change his desicion....

"Hyukjae, I want you to know that I'm laying a very big responsibility on you, if only you know that you are 100% capable of pulling through the competition, only then I will grant you and youe team the permission to go ahead" the older man stood in front of Hyukjae and waited with anticipation at the next words that could come out from the boy who stood as upright as he is and with full confidence in his eyes which required no further explanation or justification, but still he need one last guarantee

"Sir, I'm gonna make sure that my team pulls up to the finals, I'm gonna make sure that SME & Korea are represented with full dignity and respect, I'm gonna make sure to make you proud of us" The boy knew what he said had already stamped the decision to a confirmation, the older man just rested a hand on the young lad and patted it gently

"Then go and make me proud, Hyukjae I'm counting on you" The older man signed the document that was in his hand and then looked upto the kid, "You will get your tickets on Monday, arasso?"

Hyukjae bowed 90degrees to the older man and uttered countless Kamsahamida's(thankyou's) & gomawao(grateful) before leaving the room.....


long silence had been surrounding the room where the four guys that is Donghae, Taeyang, Jay Park & Junhyung had beeb waiting for Hyukjae who had gone to the president's office for approval of their entry to IDC.....

Tension was building up as the clock was ticking another seconds....

The door to the room they were in flung open, revealing Hyukjae who had his shoulders dropped and pursed his lips while walking pass them, through the room and went off to one of the corner's..... he ruffled his hair in frustration and then looked up to the guys who had been waiting for him, the look in their eyes was as if their hopes had just been crushed...

He walked close to the guys and then patted on Donghae's shoulder who just took what was being sold to him like the others....

"Hae we have gotta do the packing cause we will get our tickets on Monday" Hyukjae just said in monotone while the four infront of him just sighed, not really getting what he had uttered....

When the words finally registered in their minds, they all screamed at once in joy.....

"YAH.. HYUKKIE YOU'RE SO DEAD... I'm GONNA KILL YOU....." Jay Park smacked Hyukjae on the head and then the room was filled with screams & hugs of joy and happiness................


If you doubt the best dancers in korea then this is a random blog from where I got the best dancers other than Hae and Hyukkie to complete my story:http://www.allkpop.com/2011/04/head-choreographers-choose-the-best-female-and-male-idol-dancer

Also if you wanna see what they performed on saturday for the Weekly exam, check this link out.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SYyGGJOxkA

Super Junior has worked so damn hard for their debut and this video is just the proof of it.....

Also to my subscribers and silent reader.... please comment guys and let me know how is the story.....