Prologue

Death’s Caress
Please log in to read the full chapter

Yoo Mi had no idea she would be going into labor as late as she did. It was three in the morning and her husband was still working his 3rd shift job somewhere across town. Their son was two weeks past the original due date and they'd been expecting him anytime now, but apparently it still shocked her. She scrambled up backwards on the bed and glanced down at the wet spot that now lay beneath her. If it weren't for the awful pains she was feeling due to contractions she might have even been disgusted. She picked up the cellphone that lay beside her and quickly dialed the number for the ambulance. Amidst all the things happening around her, she failed to notice the shadow lingering near her closet door. 

 

 

"Such a shame you won't be able to watch your son grow up," the shadow whispered aloud before approaching Yoo Mi and touching her forehead, causing her to pass out. The ambulance she called arrives only minutes after she hangs up and they enter her home only to find her unconscious. They rush her to the hospital and while in the ambulance they are able to slowly coax her to consciousness again. And while all this is happening, the same shadow that caused all of this is laughing in amusement while sitting beside the paramedics. 

 

Little did said shadow know: he would be the one delivering the baby. 

-

"Oh come on! This isn't supposed to be happening! This is the exact opposite of my job!" The grim reaper screamed wh

Please log in to read the full chapter