Soliloquy 1: Yabuki Nako

Past-Present

Years ago, when I barely remember about anything, my parents came here, to South Korea. I didn’t have any problem regarding language, since kid would usually adapt foreign language better than adult.

My life was ordinary. Nothing special or eventful things ever happened in my life, to the extent that I often thought how dull my life was. I envied the people on television, they seemed to be happy with their life. Smile and laughter filled their face, as they appeared to be clueless about sadness and sorrow.

Nothing special about my life, until I finally met her...

She moved in to my neighborhood four years ago. Her father opened a shop at the intersection, selling a really delicious beef soup. At our first meeting, she was really friendly, making me really comfortable to talk about anything to her.

Since that encounter, I came to her father’s shop every weekend, since she only worked there on weekend. She was a university student, so beside weekend, she was pretty busy.

Usually, I’d just tell her about what happened in my school. I studied at Japanese school, so even though we’re in South Korea, there was also a difference between the regular school and Japanese school.

She always listen to my story with enthusiasm, that’s why I love talking to her. Studying at Japanese school also limit my contact with Korean, so I was grateful to be close with someone like her.

On the other hand, she would tell me about her previous life, before her father opened a shop. She told me that her father once worked for someone, and he was resigned after a terrible accident that happened to her. It was ironic though, since she told me that she didn’t even remember anything about the accident.

Whether it was a coincidence or a fate, I somehow glad that her father ended up opening a shop in my neighborhood. Maybe my life would be still dull if I didn’t meet her.

Among many stories she had told me, I was most intrigued by her story about her precious someone. She told me that she met that person when she started to live in the mansion where her father worked.

That person seems to be younger than her, but older than me. She once told me about that person name, “Chaewon”. To be honest, I was jealous towards “Chaewon”, because she seemed to care about “Chaewon” so much. She told me everything about “Chaewon” with enthusiasm, as if “Chaewon” was the best person she had ever met.

Another story that intrigued me was when she told me about her crush. She didn’t tell about the name of that person, but I assume that the person was also “Chaewon”. You know, people would be really enthusiastic when telling about someone they fancy, right?

To be honest, I don’t really think that “Chaewon” was someone nice. From her story, I concluded that “Chaewon” must be someone arrogant and cocky, and somehow egoistic. It was normal for someone from a wealthy family. She must hit something on her head to fell in love with that “Chaewon”.

I won’t deny that I was jealous and envy “Chaewon” so much back then. Even though she couldn’t meet “Chaewon” anymore, why she kept praising that person? She even told me that “Chaewon” never ever visit her when she was hospitalized because of the accident. What a brat! Where was that person’s manner? I started to question that person’s humanity, but at the same time, I was also questioning her sanity for liking someone like “Chaewon”.

Recently, I had a quarrel with someone named “Chaewon”. This girl really got me on my nerves. She was cocky brat, perfectly matched with Kwon Eunbi’s story. Yes, Kwon Eunbi is the name of the daughter of the beef shop owner.

 

I wonder, is someone named “Chaewon” must be a guaranteed cocky brat? Or maybe I just happened to hate two people named “Chaewon”?

 

This “Chaewon”, Kim Chaewon to be exact, is currently dating one of my good friend, Minjoo. Also, this Kim Chaewon appeared to be an acquaintance of my other good friend and a fellow Japanese, Honda Hitomi, since they are approaching here while talking with each other right now.

 

Uh oh, why you’re looking at Kim Chaewon with that dreamy smile all over your face, Honda Hitomi-san?

 

-

 

A/N: The third story started too soon! So, this time is about Nako and Hitomi. It's not YulYen time, yet! xD

As I already said before (in "Everything"), the third would be a lot shorter compared to the second story. I also tagged this as 2kim because their story wouldn't happen without 2kim, and 2kim would be often mentioned in this story. And ssambbang tags?