Three

Petty? Sure
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


"Chill, I'm sure the interview didn't go as badly as you think it did!" Jaerin insisted.

Jinhee was sitting on the floor, massaging her sister's swollen legs. "It did," she said grimly. "You should have seen me! Frizzy weird hair, wet clothes... and when I came out, I realized that I had a huge tear in my stocking!"

"Yeah, I haven't exactly forgiven you for tearing my favrite black stockings-"

"I'll buy you another one, just like it," Jinhee promised. "Anyway! The brushes were terrible! And that kid, that boy I had to do makeup on... his skin texture was so uneven!"

"Oh, come on," said Jaerin, sighing. "As if in that store, you don't come across customers with terrible skin."

"I do, but it's not as nerve wracking!" Jinhee grimaced. She had tried her very best, despite her confidence having crumbled due to her appearance. Who would hire someone who couldn't even make themselves look nice and neat?

Jinhee could not drwn out the pessimitic voice that told her that she had blown it. That she would be stuck forever at that horrible little store with those horrible, critical customers who would try all the samples but never bought anything and would get seriously offended and threaten to get you fired if you asked them to kindly not use too much of the samples.

"Get that scowl off your face," Mrs Han would order. "You'll get premature wrinkles and won't be able to get married!"

As if getting wrinkles and marriage was the only reason not to scowl.... Jinhee scowled at her mother even harder, and went to her room to scowl in peace and quiet. Whatever. She didn't even really want to work for BigHit anyway - those idols must be bratty self-entitled stars, and her sister was just saying they were nice.

- - -

The next few days, Jinhee went to work and didn't bother asking Jaerin what was going on in the agency, what was going on with her maybe getting the job. If she acted like she didn't care, it wouldn't hurt as much or be too embarrassing if things didn't work out. Besides, she was used to having her hopes dashed. Don't have expectations, and you will never be disappinted.

That was why she tried not to get excited when, one evening, she recieved a call from BigHit telling her she got the job. She checked the caller ID just to make sure it wasn't some kind of prank, but even then she was not too reassured. It was only when Jaerin came home and hugged her and said, "See, I knew you would get it!" that she finally was able to believe it.

"So you need to hand in your resignation this week and you can start next week, right?" Jaerin said. "Gosh I'm so glad you got this! It will be good for both you and Yoongi!"

"Yoongi?"

"Yeah, I'm his stylist and since you're taking my place, you're his stylist too. Take good care of him, ok?"

"I'll try."

"He has a lot of allergies so you need to be careful!"

"Really?"

"Yeah. He's allergic to synthetic fabrics, so when you pick out clothes for him, make sure it's pure cotton, or silk - no synthetic at all, he gets a rash otherwise! Also you need to choose cosmetics without even a trace of alcohol in it, it makes his face break out. So when you remove his makeup, don't use a makeup remover or something, you need to use extra- coconut oil."

"So I'm guessing I should also choose cosmetics for sensitive skin?" asked Jinhee, taking a mental note of all this. She didn't want to make his skin in bad condition!

"He's allergic to wheat and he's also lactose-intolerant. And dust! So you need to be very very careful that all your brushes and things around him and totally free from dust."

"Of course," said Jinhee. "I mean, cleanliness is obvious. He sounds a bit fussy, though."

"It's because of his allergies, he needs to be fussy." Jaerin smiled slightly. "Sometimes some staff forget about his allergies, you know."

"How could you forget?!"

"It can get a bit hectic, you know," said Jaerin. "There are seven of them, after all, and sometimes the outfits given are mixed cotton. He's also allergic to pollen, so keep him away from the bouquets that tend to arrive around comeback time when they are performing on music shows."

"Ok, got it," said Jinhee. "Alcohol, sensitive skin, pollen, lactose, dust, and wheat. My god, that must be tough. Imagine, no ice cream! No bread and butter, no milk tea, no milk coffee-"

"He can drink soy milk, silly, and almond milk," cut in Jaerin with a laugh. "And not everyone is as addicted to bread and butter as you are! There are a lot of non-dairy and non-wheat options, but don't worry, it's the managers who will be dealing with that."

















Jaerin came back from work laden with a huge bouquet of flowers and a large bag.

"Oh my gosh," said Jinhee, taking them from here. "Secret admirer? You better show off your wedding ring more!"

Jaerin smiled. "No, they're from Yoongi - a small parting gift. Look, clothes for the baby and little toys!"

Jinhee took the bag and looked at the contents. "Wow, this teddy bear is so soft! And this! This is a rattle, right? And w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter