Beautiful Stranger

EXO, The Almighty.

 

 

“Thank you, have a nice evening !” I sighed as the last customer walked out of the store. I went to the door and flipped the “open” sign. Phew, today was a busy day. A good day for me though, with all those tips I managed to make. Just a few years and I’ll manage to pay back Dad’s debt entirely and even start a business for myself. Fighting Jhene Lee ! I went to the storage room and started cleaning up when I heard some footsteps coming from the store. I frowned. I went out of the storage room and found a man, looking around.

 

“Sir, we’re closed. Can I help you?” I asked.

 

“This building, has it been vacant for long?” He asked, pointing to the building in front. Tall, slim, dark hair, dark clothes and a dark aura...

 

“Umm yes, about a year now.” I said. He kept on looking around, touching things, sitting up and down and going from place to place.

 

“Sir, I really need to close up the store and go home. You can come back tomorrow from 8 if you want some churros.” I said. He took his phone out and dialed a number then gave it to me right away.

 

“Hello ?” I said, taking it.

 

“Jhene, it’s me.” I heard Manager Tae’s voice.

 

“Manager Tae ?” I asked.

 

“Yes it’s me. Do me a favor, leave the store open for this customer a little longer.” He said. I frowned.

 

“Are you sure ?... Do you know him ?” I asked, a little lost. He’s so rigorous usually, this is VERY strange coming from him.

 

“Yes, don’t worry. Just do as I say.” He said.

 

“Okay then...” I said. He took his phone back and immediately started making more calls. I sighed. No coming back home early for me tonight huh.

 

“I’ll be in the storage room if you need me.” I said and went in the back to keep cleaning up. Soon, I heard a few more voices in the store. What the... I went out of the storage room and to my surprise, there were 4 more men. They had the lights off, all the tables glued against each other to make one big table, about three computers and... a monitor ? What on earth ? Just what are they doing ?

 

“They’ll be here in about 43 minutes. Tao, Baekhyun, are you set?” Another one said through an in-ear. Just what is going on here...

 

“Oh, I forgot. Manager Tae just called, he’s asking for you down the street. He says he has something to give you for the store.” The blonde guy from before said.

 

“Really ? Did he tell you this long ago ?” I asked.

 

“Just now.” He said. I frowned. Why didn’t he call me instead ? This is all very weird... But anyways. I took off my apron and walked out of the store. I walked to the end of the street and looked around. Nothing. Not a car in sight, especially not Manager Tae’s. The heck... I turned back on my heels and was walking back to the store in plain confusion when... Boom. One gunshot. Then two. Then three. Soon, ear-exploding raffles. Instinctively, I threw myself on the ground and covered my ears, paralyzed by the fear. What on earth is going on...?! I was terrified to the point I couldn’t even look up for myself to see what was going on. I just closed my eyes, feeling my heart beat faster and faster by the minute. Praying and praying, for it to stop. The raffles continued for about three minutes. I slowly opened my eyes and raised my head, looking up. Seeing there were no more gunshots being heard, I stood up and dusted myself, shaking... Just what on earth is happening ?! I ran back to the store but... there was nothing. Nothing. It was completely destroyed, there was nothing left. I literally thought my heart was going to stop right at that moment. Suddenly, it all went black. Everything.