celebrity crush.

celebrity crush.

“Who is your current celebrity crush?”

 

“Rap Monster.”

 

Jimin had to sit on his hand to prevent it from flying up to his mouth in shock. Holy , had Seokjin just confessed on international television? Apparently so. Jimin could almost hear the gifs being created. Seokjin was never going to be able to live this down, for 'Namjin’ was already majorly shipped, which resulted in any small contact being blown out of proportion.

 

The only option was to play this off as a joke, which Jimin intended to do as soon as he felt the cool plastic mic pass into his hands. His gaze shifted to the person during next to him, the member who, though older than the redhead, acted one-fourth his age.

 

“J-Hope?” Jimin desperately tried to alert the older boy by letting his smile stretch the slightest bit wider than usual. Hoseok caught on, lapsing into laughter along with the redhead, who almost sighed in relief.

 

Mission accomplished.

 

-

 

The filming of the segment and its post-formalities completed, the boys began walking to their car, their ‘Flawless Idol’ covers dropped. Spotting Seokjin almost tripping over his feet in his rush, Jimin sped up a bit to catch up with the older man.

 

“Hyung, why?” whispered the redhead as he wrapped an arm around Seokjin 's broad shoulders.

 

“Don't,” groaned the ravenet, his cheeks reddening. “It was a spur-of-the-moment thing. I was so, so stupid. What have I done, Jimin?”

 

“I think you gave a whole bunch of fanfiction writers some new material,” grinned Jimin. Catching the look on the older boy's face, he backtracked. “Sorry, hyung, probably not the best time. But hey, at least now you'll know whether he likes you or not. If not, you can pass it off as a joke.”

 

Seokjin sighed. “But what if he refuses to say anything, thinking it was a joke? Also, lower your voice, I think they’re right behind us.

 

“You make it sound like we're in a horror movie or something.” Jimin whispered mysteriously, glancing back to find the leader walking about five paces behind them with a very angry blond rapper by his side. The anger in the blond's eyes seemed to intensify as Jimin caught their gaze, making the redhead gulp. What had he done to make Min Yoongi that angry? He glanced back once more, to make sure that Suga’s glare was fixated on him. Unfortunately, he was met with nothing but confirmation. He couldn't afford to dwell on it at the moment, his first priority being the scared ravenet next to him.

 

“We're okay, I don't think he heard any of our conversation,” consoled the redhead, as they entered the SUV. He quickly slid in next to Seokjin, who forced his gaze outside the window as soon as he noticed Namjoon take a seat next to Jimin.

 

Jimin zoned out, Taehyung’s and Hoseok's voices eventually fading into the background of his thoughts. He snuck glances at the two older boys sitting on either side of him, both of whom were staring out the window, evidently lost in thought, or just trying to avoid interaction.

 

The redhead unconsciously waved his hand near his face, for he could nearly feel the tension in the air trapping him like custard. Jimin's thoughts wandered. Dammit, custard sounds good. I'm so hungry. I should ask Seokjin hyung to make me something. Something sweet sounds good. Something with sugar. Sugar. Suga.

 

Jimin tensed, suddenly remembering Yoongi's glare. He peeked at the rapper who was currently occupying the shotgun seat. The blond simply refused to turn around despite feeling the redhead's eyes fixed firmly at the back of his head, which was a first, for Yoongi generally never failed to turn and offer the younger boy a small smile. Jimin slumped in his seat, wondering what he had done wrong. He was used to Yoongi getting mad at his usual attempts at being annoying, but there was a genuineness to the anger that the older boy radiated that scared the out of Jimin. The ride back to their house was scarily silent once Taehyung’s and Hoseok's brief chatter session had ceased, with everyone carefully calculating their next moves to avoid getting their head bitten off, or worse.

 

Bangtan Rules 101: No one crosses Yoongi when he's mad.

 

On arriving at the house, Suga immediately shut himself in his dorm, the door slamming closed a little too loud to be mistaken for a trick of the wind.

 

Jimin followed Seokjin into the kitchen, whining, “Hyung, I'm hungry.” The older boy wagged a finger in the redhead's face. “You're going to have wait for dinner like everyone else.”

 

“Then why are you cooking now? Dinner's only in two hours.” Jimin leaned on the counter, looking up at the ravenet.

 

“I'm stressed. I cook when I'm stressed,” explained the older, picking up a ladle and waving it around. A stern look enveloped his features when Jimin pulled a puppy dog face, pouting, “Yah, hyung. You'd make something for your favourite dongsaeng, right?”

 

“I don't play favorites. Also, your aegyo only works on Hoseokie, not me, so stop trying.” The redhead sighed, hopping up on the counter. “Can I at least watch you cook?”

 

“If you want to. You don't need an invitation for that,” shrugged Seokjin , pulling a pot onto the stove. “You're going to have to stop me if I start getting out of control though.”

 

Jimin nodded, shivering at the memories of the last time the older boy was this stressed. He'd made so much food, they'd had to stuff themselves senseless to prevent any of it from being wasted.

 

The redhead sat on the counter, swinging his legs like a child. He sang under his breath as he watched the older boy throw this and that into a pan, marveling at the ease at which Seokjin worked, for Jimin couldn't cook for nuts. The tall frame of Kim Namjoon appeared at the door, quietly observing the little kitchen scene. Jimin froze as Seokjin remained oblivious, immersed in his cooking. Rapmon signaled to Jimin, can I talk to him? Jimin nodded, mouthing back, okay, I'll be outside. The younger boy switched places with the leader, almost giggling at the thought the look on Seokjin 's face when he finally noticed the swap. He was feeling rather sorry for himself for not being able to witness it, when Namjoon banished that worry, sending a steel glass clattering across the floor while jumping onto the counter. Jimin slapped a palm to his forehead as Seokjin spun around. Spotting an awkward Namjoon in Jimin's place, his eyes flicked between the boys, spluttering, “What—where—Jimin! Why—”

 

The redhead wiggled his fingers, a sickly sweet smile that spelt evil on his face. “Bye, hyung.” And with that, Jimin exited the room.

 

Not finding anyone in the living room, Jimin set off for his dorm, but only found Hoseok there.

 

“Where's Taehyung?” asked the redhead, anxious to tell his best friend about what was going on in the kitchen.

 

“Playing video games in Jungkook’s room,” replied Hoseok, his eyes fixed on the tablet he was holding in his hands. “Jimin, come here, I want to show you something.”

 

Jimin flopped onto the bed next to the older, peering at the screen. Hoseok put the tablet down, taking a deep breath as though preparing for a dramatic introduction. Which he was.

 

“Remember when you said I was your celebrity crush to spare Seokjin hyung and Namjoon some embarrassment?” started the brunet, waving his arms around even though the gestures were completely unnecessary.

 

“Hyung, that happened two hours ago, of course I remember,” groaned Jimin.

 

“Well, watch this.” Hoseok placed the tablet on Jimin's lap and pressed the play button. The redhead cringed as the timid squeak of “J-Hope?” echoed in his ears. Even after all these years, he still hates hearing his recorded talking voice, no matter how many ever times people have called it the cutest ever.

 

Jimin looked up, confused. “What is it you wanted to show me?” The rapper sighed, rewinding the clip slightly. When the younger boy looked up with an unchanged expression, he clutched at his oak-brown hair in exasperation. “You're taking the fun out of this, but look at Yoongi hyung this time.”

 

After Hoseok rewinded the clip once more, Jimin kept his eyes fixed on the blond this time. The older boy, worrying that the redhead would miss it again, pointed out the part he had been waiting to show him.

 

“Look at his reaction! He shrugged when you said my name. He tried to make it seem like wasn't a big deal. He cared, Jimin, he cared that you said my name and not his .”

 

“It was a joke either way,” blinked the younger boy, refusing to believe the words coming out of the older boy's mouth.

 

“Does it seem like he got that? No. Only explanation? Yoongi hyung is pretty much blind when it comes to you. Everything is taken too seriously. Sound familiar?” teased Hoseok, nudging Jimin obviously.

 

“No, actually,” said Jimin, wanting to hear it from the brunet himself.

 

“Yah, Jimin. He likes you. ” Hoseok dramatically paused, waiting for it to sink in.

 

A short pause. “No.”

 

The brunet sighed, mentally cursing to the winds the thick-headedness of his dongsaeng. “Why else would he react like that? He likes you, Jimin, he does.”

 

Another pause. Jimin narrowed his eyes. “No.”

 

“You seem to be in the mood to repeat things today, so I'll join you on that. Min Yoongi, the boy you have liked since the moment you met him, likes you too. ” Hoseok glared at the younger boy, as though ready to slap him if he answered the same way again.

 

“Yoongi hyung likes me? Yoongi hyung likes me ?” Jimin pointed a finger to himself, as though still unsure about the meaning behind Hoseok's words.

 

“Yup.” The frown on the brunet's face melted into a smug smile.

 

“Really? You're serious?” The redhead's eyes widened, his eyes slightly pleading for affirmation, but at the same time, the truth.

 

“Jimin, if I wasn't serious, I wouldn't have told you. You think I want to see you turned down? I have my proof right here.” Hoseok patted the tablet lovingly.

 

He likes me. ” Jimin's voice exhibited the excitement of a boy who was just told about Santa Claus.

 

“Yes, he does!” Jumping off the bed, the brunet picked Jimin up and spun him around. Setting him down, Hoseok thumped the younger boy on the back. “Looks like your relentless bugging finally paid off. Go get 'im, tiger.”

 

Jimin's cheeks flushed with the sudden confidence. Dammit, I own this . Nothing stopping me now. Happiness keeping him floating an inch above the ground, the redhead waltzed out of the room, throwing a salute to Hoseok on the way out. Jimin's hand froze an inch from the handle of the door of Yoongi's dorm. Getting his guts together, he turned the door handle, assuring himself. Hobi hyung can't be wrong. Barging into each other's dorm at all odd times of the day and night were normal to the boys, so the blond didn't even bother to look up from his work when Jimin entered the room. The redhead took a seat on the bed next to Yoongi and propped his chin up on his hands, his elbows resting on his knees. He had hoped that Yoongi’s anger would have cooled off by then, but the storm cloud over the face of the older boy spoke otherwise.

 

“Hey, hyung,” started Jimin uncertainly. The blond looked up at him, as though confused so as to what the heck the younger boy was doing there. “What?”

 

The redhead suddenly found himself wishing he had rehearsed what he was going to say instead of diving in headfirst. Becoming steadily rushed by the deepening frown on Yoongi's face, Jimin spoke without thinking. “You like me, don't you?”

 

“What?!” A What Kind Of Lunatic Are You expression formed on the older boy's face, leaving implied lunatic at a loss for words once again.

 

“You like me, don't you?” He really seemed to be in a mood to repeat everything that day. If Hoseok was overhearing this conversation, he would've lost his .

 

“You're asking whether I like -like you?” asked the rapper, his grip tightening on the laptop placed precariously on his lap.

 

“Yes,” confirmed Jimin, seemingly relieved that Yoongi had caught on so quickly. “I'm not exactly asking. I know you do.”

 

“Just like you to be a cocky arse about like this, but what makes you think that?” enquired Yoongi, his eyes narrowing.

 

“I saw your reaction when I said my celebrity crush was Hoseok,” explained Jimin, smirking.

 

“And that's seemingly enough for you to deduce that I like you?”

 

“Well, yes.” Sudden doubts pelted Jimin, but he persisted either way. “Normal friends do not get upset when one of them does not say the other's name when asked to confess their celebrity crush.” Holy absolute . “That's why, wasn't it? That's why you were mad at me? You were mad at me the whole time back all because I didn't say you were my celebrity crush.”

 

“No.” Jimin was hit with a sudden case of déjà vu. “But that has to be the case!” he protested.

 

Yoongi held a hand up, setting his laptop down. “Did it even occur to you, Jimin , that maybe the reason I was upset was not because you said Hoseok, but that you said Hoseok ?”

 

The redhead's contradiction died at his slightly parted lips as he registered the words that had just been spoken. Yoongi hyung likes Hobi hyung. “Oh my ing god.”

 

Yoongi remained impassive, his eyes carefully studying the younger boy's reaction.

 

Jimin acknowledged that he'd heard the words, but the hurt has not set in yet, and the redhead figured it'd be best if he were out of there before it did. Nearly stumbling as he got to his feet, he walked out the door without another word, surprising the older, who had expected the younger to say something at least.

 

As Yoongi had predicted, the door opened about half a minute later, unfortunately revealing not the redhead, but a particular ravenet who happened to share that very room.

 

“Two things,” said  Seokjin , holding up two fingers, a mixture of anger, confusion and humiliation in his eyes as he looked at the blond. “Number one, I'm never stepping foot outside this dorm ever again. Number two, what did you say to Jimin ?”

 

Yoongi noted the tone of  Seokjin 's voice, the tone that he had once disobeyed, his tragic tale ending with heavy makeup to cover up the red mark on his cheek for a week. He looked up the older male, opting to find out what he knew first. “What did he say?”

 

“He didn't say much, but he seemed pretty cut up, mumbling about 'Yoonseok’ or something like that.” Seokjin picked absentmindedly at his cuticles, never taking his eyes off the blond for even a second.

 

“Ah, well you see…” Yoongi searched for a suitable defense that did not sound like ‘ Yes, I actually told my crush that I was in love with his roommate.

 

“I don't even want to hear it. You said something stupid, am I right there?” interrupted the ravenet, throwing his hands up. When the blond silently nodded, he continued. “Get your out there and fix it.”

 

Seokjin pointed a finger towards the door, sending Yoongi scampering under the glare of the one person who possessed the ability to put him in his place.

 

-

 

Jimin sat cross-legged in the bathtub, pressing random buttons on his phone. I Need U all over again. He resisted the urge to fling the phone against the hard tile floor of the bathroom, exiting the only game he had on his phone - Candy Crush. Nothing to do with anything sweet. Nothing to do with sugar. Nothing to do with anything that will remind me of Suga hyung. Speaking of hyungs, Jimin's phone buzzed.

 

hopeful.angel: What happened? I saw you storm out of that room!!! :o

hopeful.angel: JIMIN !!!! I !! KNOW !! YOU !! READ !! THIS !!!!! >:(

hopeful.angel: Also what's with the new username ????/?? ^^

 

lime.and.jimint: t ae hacked my phone and changed it I think -_-

lime.and.jimint: Forget me, I'm okay. ://

 

hopeful.angel: Saying you're okay is like saying seokjin hyung's confession went fabulous. -.-

hopeful.angel: I'm texting both you hopeless cases. :P

 

lime.and.jimint: -_-

 

hopeful.angel: Right, sorry. ^^;

hopeful.angel: At least tell me. >:///

hopeful.angel: TELL MEEEEEEEEE (OmO)

 

lime.and.jimint: do you really want to know

lime.and.jimint: say no.

 

hopeful.angel: OF COURSE YES A THOUSAND TIMES YES D:

hopeful.angel: do you know how I feel now? >:///

hopeful.angel: LIKE I'M WATCHING A FREAKING TV SHOW AND THE LAST EPISODE LEFT MY OTP ON A CLIFFHANGER AND NOW THE NEXT EPISODE HAS BEEN UPLOADING BUT I CAN'T WATCH IT BECAUSE IT'S BUFFERING TOO MUCH \(OmO)/

hopeful.angel: I'M THAT SHIPPER WHO CARRIES ALL THE PAIN EVEN THOUGH I'M NOT HALF THE OTP ;((((

 

lime.and.jimint: You really don't want to know. I don't even know if I can tell you.

 

hopeful.angel: FINE BE THAT WAY >:(

hopeful.angel: you'll tell me eventually :))))

hopeful.angel: oh wait I see Yoongi hyung ;)))

hopeful.angel: I'll just ask him instead <3

 

lime.and.jimint: bOi DoNT yOu dARe

 

hopeful.angel: three seconds to tell me, i think he's coming here. ;)

 

lime.and.jimint: well I hope his confession goes better than mine.

lime.and.jimint: there, I said it.

lime.and.jimint: HE LIKES YOU.

 

hopeful.angel: no he doesn't

 

lime.and.jimint: YES HE DID I'M NOT DEAF OR STUPID

 

hopeful.angel; debatable

hopeful.angel: but listen, sometimes people say stupid things because they don't like being found out

hopeful.angel: or because they don't know how to react

hopeful.angel: or because they're scared

hopeful.angel: or all three at once

hopeful.angel: he likes you, I'm positive

 

lime.and.jimint: YOU'VE GOTTA BE KIDDING ME HYUNG DID YOU NOT JUST LISTEN TO ME

 

hopeful.angel: park jiminie pull yourself together and listen to me

 

lime.and.jimint: wait

lime.and.jimint: Wait

lime.and.jimint: WAIT

lime.and.jimint: I'M NOT TALKING TO HOBI HYUNG ANYMORE AM I

 

hopeful.angel: oH

hopeful.angel: what tipped you off

 

lime.and.jimint: “park jiminie” - only one person calls me that.

lime.and.jimint: also the sudden stoppage of exaggerated emotion. hoseok hyung is dramatic to the highest power. ://

 

hopeful.angel: well damn.

hopeful.angel: get your out here, I'd like to talk to you

 

lime.and.jimint: but…

 

hopeful.angel: Of course I like you, Jiminie.

 

lime.and.jimint: oh.

lime.and.jimint: okie. :)

 

-

 

Jimin picked himself up and walked to the door. The hinges swung open as soon as he undid the lock, and the redhead found himself facing five faces: two exasperated and three curious ones.

 

“Why are all of you here?” asked Jimin, taking a step back, feeling like he was about to be pounced upon.

 

“News travels fast around this house when yelling Yoongi hyung and Hoseok are involved,” said Namjoon simply, rolling his eyes at the shorter two, who grinned back sheepishly.

 

“Hey, then where's Seokjin hyung?” frowned the redhead, craning his neck to look down the hallway.

 

“He's still shut up in his room. I swear, if he's not getting himself out here, I'm going in there,” grumbled Rapmon, momentarily glaring at the closed door.

 

“You do realise how wrong that sounded, right?” laughed Jungkook, earning a flick on the head from Taehyung.

 

“The moment when the maknae is the biggest ert.” Jimin shook his head at said maknae, still not trusting himself to look at either Hoseok or Yoongi.

 

Namjoon’s eyes flicked between Yoongi and Jimin, until he finally made up his mind to push Taehyung and Jungkook away, mumbling, “We'll give you some space.”

 

Jimin's eyes followed the three down the hall, until the younger two were pushed into one of the rooms, the older settling himself outside the second room with the look of a man preparing to negotiate a peace agreement between two warring countries.

 

Yoongi, placing a hand under Jimin's chin, pushed it upwards to meet the younger boy's gaze. The redhead shoved the older boy in the stomach. “That was not funny, jackass.”

 

“Hey, watch it, I'm still your hyung.” Yoongi rubbed his stomach with a pained expression, then turned to the other rapper present. “Are you not going to leave?”

 

“No way, José. I'm not missing my TV show, not in a million years,” grinned Hoseok. “Don't mind me, you won't even know I'm here.”

 

The blond looked at him with a doubtful expression, then turned back to Jimin, at whose mouth only one word was forming. “Really?”

 

“Yes, I really do like you, I'm not even half-kidding…Goddammit, I can't concentrate with Hoseok there, get your out. OUT!” Hoseok ran as Yoongi flapped his hands violently. The rapper then walked over to the leader, who was standing at the end of the hallway, continuing his futile attempts to get the oldest boy in the house to open his door.

 

Yoongi pushed Namjoon aside, knocking on the door himself. “Hyung! Kim  Seokjin ! Let me into my own room!” Even from down the hallway, Jimin could hear  Seokjin 's muffled cry of “Is he gone?”

 

“For one, Namjoon is not a serial killer, and for another, yes,” huffed the blond exasperatedly. As soon as the ravenhead had picked up the guts to slightly open the door, Yoongi used one hand to force the door open enough for him to push Namjoon in with his other hand. His job completed, he dusted off his palms, locking the door from the outside and sighing in relief.

 

“Min Yoongi, I'm going to kill you!” came an angered shout from inside the room. “How could you disobey me? I'm your hyung!”

 

“Grow some balls, hyung , and get your together,” yelled back the rapper. “Also, I'm only three months younger than you! That's not that big a deal!”

 

Yoongi walked back to the redhead, a self-satisfied smile on his face. Nervously pushing his bangs out of his eyes, he mumbled, “Where were we?”

 

Hoseok piped up from the nearby room. “You said you weren't even kidding about liking him!”

 

“No one asked you, Jung Hoseok!” laughed Jimin, knowing that Hoseok was stable enough to take the ‘lack of respect’ .

 

“God, you guys are just dragging this on forever, just say you like each other,” groaned the brunette.

 

“Fine. Yoongi hyung, I like you. No explanation needed,” smiled Jimin.

 

“I like you too, Jiminie.” Yoongi felt a genuine smile make its appearance on his shining face as he wrapped an arm around the younger boy, pressing his cheek against the bright red hair before shifting his face slightly to allow his lips to gently ghost over Jimin's cheekbone.

 

“IT'S HAPPENED!” shrieked Hoseok, racing out of the room to perform a little victory dance. “MY SHIP IS CANON! I AM COMPLETE!”

 

Yoongi buried his head in the crook of Jimin's neck. “Make him stop.”

 

“Fine. I'm breaking up with you,” said Jimin plainly.

 

Yoongi looked up. “You wouldn't.”

 

Jimin stepped away. “Try me.”

 

Yoongi scoffed. “Okay.”

 

“I'm breaking up with you.”

 

“Nope.”

 

“I am.”

 

“Nah.”

 

Jimin stared disbelievingly at the older, who stared right back, until the former burst out laughing. “Come here, you,” said Jimin, pulling Yoongi towards him and pushing the boy's head back to where it had been. “You're so stupid.”

 

Yoongi laughed against Jimin's neck, his blond hair tickling the younger boy's chin. The redhead's lips twitched into a smile, a bubble of happiness forming in his chest.

 

Complete.

 

-

 

Three weeks later, the boys decided to take a day off, their latest spell of concerts finally over.

 

Jungkook, who was watching Iron Man 3 for the nth time, looked up at the others in that room and whined, “This isn't fair. How come Seokjin hyung gets to go out with his celebrity crush but I can't even meet mine?”

 

“You're the one who has to make it happen, Kookie,” shrugged the ravenhead.

 

“‘Make it happen’?!” smirked Namjoon. “You didn't do anything!”

 

Jimin rolled his eyes at the two squabbling boys and turned to the blond sitting next to him, the blond who was already looking at him.

 

“But honestly, was I your celebrity crush?” asked Yoongi softly, expecting the obvious answer, but just wanting to actually hear it.

 

“No.” Spotting the older boy's confused and slightly offended look, Jimin laughed. “Celebrity: a famous person. Crush: an infatuation with a person, often a shallow obsession.”

 

“So your point is…?” asked the rapper, raising an eyebrow.

 

Jimin threw his arms around Yoongi, his fingers in the soft material of the older boy's sweater. “My point is that you're so much more than that.”

 

-