Chapter 3

I Love my Enemy

It was Kanatas’s first day as Riku Kubayakawa at Seishun Gakuen. As he was entering the school’s premises leaves of cherry blossom are starting to fall from its branches making such a beautiful scene. He remembers some memories of a girl, wherein they used to go to school together, but for no reason he can’t even remember the girl’s name. He wondered if it was just a dream or if it really happened. He wasn’t so sure that’s why he set aside those thoughts and went straight to his first class.

 

Kanata’s POV

Where is class 4-B? I can’t even remeber where it was even though I’ve been here 4 years ago, there were so many changes including the new building that I heard was made for club activities. I am very happy that  my old school is changing for the better.

 

Kanata’s thoughts were interrupted when he heard a girl that is shouting out of her lungs. It seems that she was angry at those guys who look like gangsters.

 

*sigh* I will never, ever gonna ask directions to that girl. She might also shout at me or worse ate me if she got mad.

 

Kanata decided to go to the faculty room instead for some help. There he found Ms. Takamura, the adviser of the class that he’ll be attending. After some clarifications they together went to the classroom.

 

“Class let me introduced to you your new classmate, he was just new here so I’m expecting all of you to be nice. Is that clear? Mr. Kubayakawa, you may now introduced youself.”

 

This is it; I’m now in front of my classmates. I never knew I would be this nervous. Well what can I expect? I’ve been home- schooled after my career started that’s why I’m not used to this. Anyway I’ll just stand as mighty as I can and introduced myself.

 

“Konichiwa! Watashi wa Kubayakawa Riku desu, hajuimemae. *bows*

 

“Serious huh?” Bruno commented. (T/N: He is the leader of the gangsters in their school.)

Everybody laughed except for the 3 students at the back.

 

Ms. Takamura turned to Riku and told him to sit at the vacant seat near the window. Before he could respond, their teacher speaks again.

 

“Ms. Kumako as the class representative I’m expecting you to help him adjust to our surrounding.”

 

“Yes ma’am! Don’t worry I’m on it.” Kumako answered enthusiastically

 

Riku was shocked, he didn’t know that the girl he saw a while ago will be one of his classmates and worse is he’ll be sitting beside her.

 

Oh great, why am I this lucky? Of all sections why here? But as long as she doesn’t bother me I think I can survive. *he now sat to his designated seat and brought out his things for their first period.

 

LUNCH BREAK…

 

“Hi!” Kumako disturb the oh so quiet Riku. “Here.”

 

Kumako handed a compilation of papers. Riku was surprised on the girl’s approach that’s why he got irritated and quickly finished what he was doing, but as he was about to stand…

 

“Hep! hep! Where are you going?

 

“It’s none of your business.” Kanata said and started to walk.

 

“Wait! You can’t just ignore me; I’m talking to you for such a reason so can you listen first?”

 

Kanata was stunned, this girl just shout at him in front of everybody.

 

What the? What’s with her? In my 19 years of existence no one shouted on me like that. She was so gonna pay for this.

 

“Who do you think you are to talk to me like that?” Kanata said in a low voice but filled with anger.

 

"I’m Shida Kumako class 4-B’s representative if you still don’t know. And as the class representative it is my duty to give this to you." *she took the folder from Kanata’s desk.*

 

“What is this for?” *eyebrow met*

 

“They’re club forms, fill up the ones that you want to join and then give it back to me so I can submit it to club presidents.”

 

“I’m not joining; I’m not interested in any of it.”

 

“Well Kubayakawa-kun may I remind you that in this school being a member of at least one club is a must to ensure that students are not just good at academics but also in extra-curricular activities. If you don’t have any questions then I’m off to have lunch. See yah.” *smile*

 

Kanata stared at Kumako while walking away when a boy approach him.

 

“Hello, Sorry for what Kumako have done to you. BTW I’m Koike Teppei .*shake hands* If you don’t’ mind let’s have lunch?

 

Since he’s a guy why not be friends with him? He looks normal unlike that monstrous Kumako.

 

“Sure.” Kanata answered

 

They search for a place where they can eat but all places are full of students which proves that Seishun holds a large number of students. While still searching they end up in the rooftop, but they don’t regret it because of the peaceful ambiance around the place.

 

“Itadakimasu!” they said in chorus.

 

As they were eating no one attempts to speak but since Teppei is friendly he break the ice between them and asked questions about Riku.

 

“So why did you transfer her?”

 

Kanata quickly thought of an answer.

 

“It’s because of my parent’s job.” Kanata answered shortly

 

“Ahh, so they were assigned here?”

 

“Precisely, but not for long.”

 

“Unfortunate of you.”

 

“Why you say so?”

 

“Because you won’t have permanent friends, It’s kinda lonely you know.”

 

Friends? I never had one, back then I was an only child I have few friends during elementary but they were just after my money. When I reached adolescence I’m contented with what I have with Chiqui but then, she deceived me. I think I can’t give my trust to anyone anymore.

 

“Hey! are you still with me?”

 

“Sorry, what are you saying again?” I fell into deep thought after Teppei mentioned about being lonely, because the whole time I am one of those LONELY people.

 

“Anyway, remember Kumako?”

 

“Our terror class representative? How can I forget her, she shout at me in front our classmates.”

 

“She’s not really like that; actually it’s just her way of disciplining students here. Don’t worry in time you’ll see how great she was.”

 

Nah! I don’t think so; I don’t have any intention to find out. Kanata said to himself but in order not to offend Teppei he just smiled as an answer.

 

While Riku and Teppei were still peacefully eating their lunch, they heard loud noise like someone’s laughing and it seems that the steps are heading towards the rooftop’s door. A familiar girl with short black hair appeared.

 

“Not again.” Kanata whispered.

 

Who could that be?

 

 

A/N:

Anyway thanks everyone for the support and sorry for the very very late update. Actually I decided to not finish this story but because of people who keep subscribing, I got the strength to continue this. IT WAS ALL BECAUSE OF YOU GUYS. THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH. HOPE YOU LIKE MY UPDATE AND FORGIVE MY GRAMMATICAL ERRORS. COMMENTS ARE WELL APPREACIATED. GODBLESS EVERYONE ^^