-♡-

Hair Day!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

some real events are included here, but changed in order to fit the story ;) hope you'll like it♡

______

“I’ll be late!” Donghae shouted cheerfully, and Hyukjae sighed.

He already knew the answer, but still decided to ask, “Where are you going?”

“Heechul hyung told me his fans gave him a very good hair mask for long damaged hair, and it’s a-m-a-z-i-n-g!” even though he disliked the situation, the raven head couldn’t help, but smiled at the tone of Donghae’s voice when he pronounced the word ‘amazing’. “He wants me to try it too!”

“That’s cool, but, Donghae, your hair isn’t long anymore,” Hyukjae reasoned. “And it isn’t even damaged.”

“It isn’t damaged exactly because I’m taking care of it!” the younger snorted. “You always say you love my fluffy hair, so I need to keep it this way!”

“Yeah, but…”

“See you tonight!” he heard the sound of the door closing right after those words.

‘Sure, if you won’t stay at Heechul’s apartment till the next day how you’re doing most of the time,’ Hyukjae thought and sighed.

It’s not like he was jealous, but… Donghae’s obsession with his hair kind of bothered him.

It was cute and entertaining at first. Since the day the brunette decided he wants to grow his hair long Heechul decided he’ll be his Hair Mentor (that’s what he himself said, don’t blame Hyukjae for the nickname), and so they started throwing parties they called ‘Hair Days’. Only Donghae and Heechul were invited. Oh, hair products were invited too, and all of them had fun together.

As it was said, it was really entertaining at first. Those ‘Hair Days’ happened twice per month, and Donghae’s naturally fluffy and soft hair became even softer and fluffier, and of course Hyukjae liked it. No, he loved it, and he never missed an opportunity to tell the younger who happened to be his boyfriend about it.

And right after that ‘Hair Days’ happened once per week. Then twice per week. Then thrice.

Now Donghae basically went to Heechul’s apartment once per two days for them to have fun and take care about their hair together, and that wasn’t funny anymore. Yeah, Hyukjae loved caressing the brunette’s soft silky hair, but what was the point if the said hair was always missed and he hasn’t had an opportunity to cuddle with its owner?

Hyukjae sighed once again.

“You should tell him if it bothers you so much,” he remembered Siwon saying the day three of them went to the cinema.

It was a funny day they’ve spent together, but Heechul started texting Donghae all of a sudden, advertising all the hair products he bought lately, and the latter went missed pretty soon; he was sitting right in front of them, but didn’t hear nor respond to the guys.

“And what should I tell him?” the raven head sighed. “You know his hair is quite sensitive topic…”

“Yeah, I saw the comments,” Siwon said. “Well, you can… give him a hint?”

“Oh, yeah? And you think he’ll get it? Look,” Hyukjae looked at the brunette who kept texting to Heechul. “Donghae, what do you think about a person who ignores their friends when they’re trying to talk?”

“Incredibly rude!” came immediate response. “I’d advise you to never hang out with people like them!”

“Such a wise advice,” Hyukjae said with a sad smile and looked at Siwon. “See?”

“Okay. Actually, getting hints never was the strongest side of his.”

“You mean it is the weakest side?”

“Be strong, my friend. Be strong.”

The raven head chuckled nervously that day, and he chuckled nervously now, once he remembered it. There were so many things about Donghae, and one of them was that if the brunette suddenly got keen on something… he became really obsessed.

Hyukjae still remembers how Donghae was determined to read all the manga Hyukjae had. Oh dear. The raven head basically had to drag him to the bathroom and feed him like a baby. That was quite a challenge.

But even though Donghae behaved like this sometimes, he still was… the sweetest boyfriend Hyukjae could only wish for. He was here for him whenever the raven head needed him; even though it was annoying sometimes the brunette always showed up in his apartment just to keep him company because ‘Hyukjae, I thought you’re lonely!’

Even though in fact it was only Donghae who felt lonely.

Hyukjae couldn’t help but smiled.

He also remembered the days when he really felt lonely, and Donghae could drop whatever he was doing just to spend some time with him, so they could cuddle and enjoy each other’s presence. If it was impossible to do (maybe they had schedules and were in different countries), he always spammed him with messages.

If it was Donghae who felt lonely, but Hyukjae couldn’t talk and was too tired, Donghae literally spammed the Instagram section with posts, stories… so the raven head could know how was his day even if they were apart from each other. And in the end Hyukjae needed to ‘make up’ with Donghae, even though they never fought, but… well, the brunette also was quite spoiled when it came to an attention.

Donghae was a sweet kind of boyfriend. And Hyukjae missed him. He genuinely did. It never bothered him before, but now it felt like Donghae was Heechul’s boyfriend, since they’ve spent most of their free time together.

Hyukjae sighed.

It wasn’t a big problem for him to find what to do, especially that day. The raven head kept looking for the plane tickets to Japan, since Yesung had a concert there, and he thought it’d be nice if he attended in order to support him, just like members did when there were D&E concerts. It’d be nice to bring Donghae with him too, but…

But he saw that there was just one ticket left.

Oh.

Apparently he had to tell him before…

Oh.

Hyukjae already booked a flight. Well…

Apparently that would’ve never happen if Donghae actually stayed with him. And now both of them had to face the consequences, he guessed…

***

The raven head’s phone was full of messages the next morning. All were from Donghae.

‘Hyukjae-ah~~~ I came home just in the morning, so sorry!! ㅠㅠ Are you mad? You aren’t home…’

‘Manager told me you went to Japan to Yesung hyung’s concert? Why? Is he joking? He’s joking, right?’

‘I SAW FANCAMS???? YOU’RE REALLY IN JAPAN???’

‘And you didn’t… tell me? You booked a flight alone? I wanted to go…’

‘Hyukjae ㅠㅠ'

‘Answer me :<’

‘Hope you’ll have fun no matter what!! ♡’

‘It’d be nice if you answered me though…’

‘YOU EVEN TOOK PICS WITHOUT ME! LEE HYUKJAE!’

***

Hyukjae wasn’t even surprised to find sulking Donghae waiting for him with his arms crossed once he came back home.

Well. He knew this is goin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter