I Keep Waiting For You

Always Be With You

I remembered waking up. I remembered the pain as i lie on the hospital bed. I remembered feeling joy as cries of a new born filled the room. But i also remember sorrow.

I remembered waiting for Jonghyun as i laid on the hospital bed during labor but he never came. I waited a day, hugging my still nameless baby in my arms as he slept soundly. The back of my head kept telling me that he didn't care about us anymore, but i kniw he would never abandon us, a reason why i love him. Yet, where is he?

"What will you name your son?" the kind nurse asked me, shining everyone's day with her bright smile yet it didn't made me happy, only cheering me up a little.

I looked at the baby in my arms as he was playing with my fingers, making me chuckled. I remembered our conversation a week ago as Jonghyun sat next to me on the sofa, nuzzling my neck with his left hand circling my waist and his right caressing my bloated belly, "Taemin." he had suddenly spoke, leaning back a little to look at me in the eyes.

I was confused at first but then knew what he meant, "I love it." he gave me a sweet kiss as we stayed up till midnight, watching Pinocchio and all other Disney movies.

"Taemin." i told the nurse softly as she smiles an scribble it down. After she thanked me, she walked out of the room.

I was still wondering about Jonghyun as i looked at the expensive wedding ring around my finger.

There was a lnock on the door and not long after, Jinki, my brother, walked in with an expression i could tell as anxious. I know my brother well but this time, i could not guess what had happened. I assumed that something happened with his wife so i tried leaning on the headrest as he sat on the stool next to my bed, "Hyung, did something happened with your wife? You look unwell." he's tte type to get worried over the smallest things so his wife having a fever might trigger his anxiousness.

"Kibum... You may want to..." he stopped, making me worried.

"Just tell me, hyung." i reached for his shoulder.

"It's about Jonghyun."

I could not control my heartbeat as i fear for the worst. Sensing my worry, Taemin started crying in my arms as i shook him gently to calm him but it wasn't enough.

"It's alright Taemin-ah. Your appa will be here soon-"

"He died in a car crash!" i felt my heart stopped beating. I felt the world stop around me, not even little Taemin's cries. I was confused. It must have been a joke right? Knowing Jinki... He... Likes making awkward jokes... right...?

I chuckled, but i could not control my tears as it fell, "It's a joke, right?" I looked at him but he didn't say anything. I feared for the worst.

"His family wanted the funeral to be a family thing."

"But i'm his family, Taemin is his family!" i always knew how much his family hated me, hated the fact that he loves someone unwealthy like them, someone of 'low-class', as they called us.

Jonghyun didn't love me for my wealth. He loved me for me and that was what pushed his family away. I felt guilty for that, he never talked to them except for his sister as she was the only one supporting us.

There were sleepless nights where Jonghyun spoke sweet things as i cried in his embrace over the fact that his family hated him because of me. Sometimes insecurities swallowed me whole as i wished that i was someone wealthy enough to be approved of them and sometimes, i had wished that we never met so Jonghyun could live happy with his family and a girl worthy for him, someone not me.

But Jonghyun had always said, "I wouldn't have found happiness if it weren't for you, you're my happiness and family that i had always wanted." whenever i felt insecure.

Seven years passed and my love for him has never withered. I wore the ring wherever i go and now, i'm waiting infront of Taemin's school as it was his first day. He grew up so fast!

I could hear the bell rang as kids run out of class at the joy of leaving school. I remembered that time when i met Jonghyun. It was the first day of school too back then.

I was in freshman, a new transfer student. It was the end of school when i bumped into a man shorter than me. I remembered nagging at him to look where he was going while he just stood there, admiring my beauty with his eyes that i found resembling a puppy. I admit that i'm beautiful judging by the look of boys and girls alike gave me but this guy just screams diffrent.

He apologized lots of time as he offered me a drink that i agreed to. We talked and talked and became best friends until he asked me out on a date. The rest is history.

"Eomma!" i heard little Taemin's voice as he ran towards me, dragging a boy behind him.

"Eomma, this is Jongin and we have so many similarities!" He looked so overjoyed while the kid, Jongin looked so shy.

I crouched down to their eye level and smiled warmly at Taemin's little friend, "Hello, I'm Kibum, nice to meet you." i offered his a hand to shake and he smiled, returning the favor.

"Kim Jongin!" i heard te voice of a woman walking towards us and i could not miss the glared she had just shoot us.

She yanked Jongin's hand away, "You! Don't ever touch my son, you !"

I gasped and took Taemin's hand "Excuse me, woman, mind your words, will you. Kids will start picking up what you had just say." and a slap i received.

"Eomma..." I heard Taemin whimpered as i carried him, walking away from the fuming lady, not minding the warmness on my cheek.

We got into the car and buckled Taemin's seatbelt as he frown, "Taeminnie, what the woman said, don't say it alright?"

"Ne, Eomma but i want to play with Jongin. He loves dancing lile i do." he whined and i found it amusing.

"And you can play with him, just don't get into trouble, alright?"

My son had always have the passion for dancing which i assumed he got from me and i will support him doing anything he wants.

"Eomma, what's for dinner?" he asked as i stepped on the break at the red light.

"We'll have your favourite. Pork stew sounds good?"

"Yay!" he squeal, making me chuckle at his cuteness. Sweet little Taemin, getting so overjoyed at the smallest things just like his father.

The night went like usual, showering, watching tv, teaching him a few things and then go to bed. I tucked him on the queen size bed we sleep on together. I stayed awake the whole night, insomnia kicking in as i sat up and opened the drawer next to the bed after lighting up my side of the bed a little.

I took out an old book that belonged to my husband and turn the pages. It was filled with lyrics he wrote himself, "The slightest things inspires me to write, but you, Kibum, even the sneeze you did will urge me to write, you're my muse, Bummie." he had said. Every night when i couldn't sleep, he'll sing with his warm caramel-like voice, luring me to sleep.

"Your small shoulders, your small hands
Become my cozy blanket at the end of a tiring day
You did a good job today, you worked so hard
I hope my shoulders and my thick hands
Will become cozy comfort
For the end of your tiring day as well
I want to naturally sync my breathing with yours"

I remembered chuckling at the thought of little Roo greeting him when i was either at work or had fallen asleep. I've always liked staying up all night playing with Roo as we eait for Jonghyun to return home after his hard work. The joy and pride you have in unbelievable seeing your husband walking into the house even though it was passed midnight.

He worked in the studio as a radio DJ even after his family disaproved but knowing Jonghyun, he'd do anything he loves no matter what.

I felt a soft thump on my bed as Roo jumped on it. She's getting old but still as healthy as ever.

Even after his death, Sodam noona insisted that i live here with Taemin. The apartment Jonghyun bought was unknown to the rest of his family.

I continued designing as i knew that it was what he wanted me to do and by day, i worked hard for Taemin, running here and there in the company with fabrics scattered everywhere. It was tiring yet something i had always loved.

I yawned and put the book back where it was before and turn off the lights. I could feel Roo's little paws walking to Taemin's feet and sleep just below him. Oh well, i should try to sleep. Tomorrow will be a big day with the new fashion week coming up.

I woke up gasping for breath and just then, Taemin and Jinki came in.

"Eomma, gwenchanayo?" my son asked and i nod slowly.

"You had a high fever, Kibum-ah. Taemin called me early in the morning as you kept whimpering in your sleep. I called to your company asking for your day off." Jinki hyung explained as he gave me a glass of water.

I stopped drinking as he said the last sentence and look at the digital clock on the bedside table. I almost spit the drinki looking at the red numbers showing '12.24'.

"I can't stay in bed! Today is an important day for me and why didn't Taemin go to scho-" my speech was stopped by the cought irrirtating my throat.

"Whatever that important day is, you're staying in back, kid. As for Taemin, he was too late for school so i didn't drive him there. Besides, he was too worried about you and don't worry, i've called the school."

I pouted, continue my drink. "I am supposed to manage today's show and here i am, lying on bed."

"Oh yeah, i forgot something else. Thay said to tell you that the show is postponed to next week so you don't have anything to worry... So that is your important thing." he chuckled nervously as i glared at him.

"Yah, younggam," i called, asking him to lean for a bit and when he did, i pulled his ear as Taemin laugh.

"Has Taemin eaten yet?"

"I bought kfc along the way."

"And Roo?"

"Feed"

"Good boy." i patted his head, treating him like the younger one as he sigh.

"I'll be out in a bit to buy somethings. Be back soon" He walked outside and after a while, i could hear the front door closed.

It was six in the evening when i was cooking dinner as Taemin was sitting on the couch with Roo when the front door openned.

"I'm back!" Jinki called out as he came in with bags of groceries on his hands. He walked into the kitchen and put everything on the table and some in the fridge.

"How are you feeling? Did you drink your medicine?" he asked.

"I'm feeling better and why were you so long?" i looked at him from the chopping board.

"I met a friend along the way" he smiled. A smile that could make me suspicious.

"Aish! Stop keeping things fron me, you know i hate it." i snapped, sliding the vegetables off the board and into the boiling water in the pot.

"Well, before i go, turn on the radio tonight. The channel you've always played before."

I was about to ask him but he quuckly walked out of the room and went home.

The only thing in my head was Blue Night Radio... But they stopped broadcasting after... I didnt even want to think about it. It could be something else that Jinki wanted me to hear.

Midnight came fast as i was sitting on the bed with my fever long gone and my phone on my hand, contemplating on wether to switch it to radio or not. I looked at the sleeping Taemin and caress his growing hair.

Absentmindedly, i opened the radio app and looked for the broadcasting one. My hand shook at what i read, "Blue Night Radio, broadcasting in a minute."

I didn't know what to do. I didn't want to think of that day and i mostly didn't want to think anything about all the possibilities beacuse of fear.

I didn't know what got into me as i clicked on it right as the broadcasting starts. I could feel tears flowing down at what i heard.

"Hello, this is Blue Night Jonghyun"

I couldn't be. He- this must've ben a replay, that's all. There is no way-

"I've been missing two people in my life this past seven years of lies. I wanted to meet them. You guys remembered my muse i've always talked about? I wonder how he's listening right now."

No. I must have been hallucinating. I was about to tap on the 'back' button but stopped at what i heard next, "If you are listening right now, i want you to close our eyes and think about me,"

I closed my eyes and thought about all those times we spent together.

"Take a deep breath and hear me out. I want the three of us to meet at the usual place tomorrow at seven in the evening, wear your favourite clothes."

The next day, i took Taemin with me, right at seven. I didn't want to believe but something at the back of my head told me to just do it no matter how much i told myself that it was a dream.

So here we are, waiting in my favourite italian restaurant Jonghyun always took me to.

"Eomma, why are we here?" Taemin asked, swinging his legs back and forth in boredom.

"We are going to meet someone, sweetie." i smiled at him and just then, a waitress walked towards me with as she reads something on something i assumed as a reservation list.

"Kim Kibum?" she looked up and smiled at me.

My heart stopped a beat as i looked forwards to see nom other than the man i love, thinking it was just an illusion, i ignore him and smiled back at the woman, "Yes? How do you know my name?" i asked.

"The man in that table requested for you to join his table." She pointed at where i saw the illusion of Jonghyun was and i felt like being hit with tonnes if bricks at the sight of Jonghyun still sitting there and smiling warmly at me.

"S-sure..." i nod and she led us to Jonghyun, pulling my chair for me and Taemin's.

After he left. I just sat there, awkward.

"Hello! My name is Kim Taemin, you?" he started.

"Hello, kiddo. I'm Kim Jonghyun. Nice to meet you." he chuckled gently like he always do.

I wanted to cry then and there. This must be a dream.

"Wow! We had the same surename!" he squealed.

I couldn't hold the tears anymore as it flew down my cheeks silently and i bit my lips.

"Eomma, are you alright?" Taemin noticed my tears. I had to stay strong for him as i wiped tears.

"I'm alright, dear." i carress his smooth hair.

"Bummie... I'm sorry..." I don't know why he apologized but i thought that he should. I could not believe the peraon in front of me is really him. He died and they confirmed it yet why is he here and well?

"I didn't even know you are real, i don't even know if you are you." i stammered, not looking at him.

He was about to speak when the waiter serves our dinner, "Here is your food. If you need anything, just press the bell" he smiled at me and i couldn't miss the flirtatious look in his eyes and i also could not unsee the 'Touch him and i'm gonna kick you out of the milkyway' glare Jonghyun gave him.

"Let's eat. I'll tell you everything later."

Dinner was awkward as i tried not to look at him in the eyes but i could not miss our wedding ring on his ring finger. I trid not to think that it belonged to someone else but insecurities consumes me again. I kept looking down and at Taemin whenever he needs something but Jonghyun had always beat me to it. It angers me that if he was alive this whole time, then why didnt he came back to us? Why did he have to miss seven years of Taemin's live and didn't help me raise our own child.

We finished eating as Jonghyun ordered deserts for Taemin and some fuits.

"Bum-"

"If you were alive this whole time, why didn't you came home?" i asked, i couldn't hold it in anymore. It frustrates me till no end.

"Kibum, i want you to listen to me and not to say a word." he explained as softly as he could. Usually when his tone was diffrent, it meant that he was feeling very guilty so i nod and kept silent.

"The car crash was true but i didn't know that my family told Jinki that i died. Sodam noona told me the day before my medical discharge. I didn't lose any memmories yet my bones cracked here and there. I wanted to go home but as i walked out of the house the next day, i found out that my parents had taken my car keys and threatened me to never you again or they will hurt our Taemin." i tried to talk but he halted me with his palm.

"Kibum, that didn't end there. They forced me to work on their company's branch in New York. It was torture knowing that if i go back, they'll know. I can't go anywhere near you. I wanted to contact you but even my SIM card was destroyed. I tried asking noona but that would be too risky. It will endanger the three of you so i decided to wait.

A few months ago, my father was diagnosed with cancer so i took the chance to go back to find you but i never did. My mother found out and i've finally cut ties with my family, telling them that they can't control my life anymore. I looked for clues as Sodam had to erase your contact due to the suspicions my parents had on her.

The only thing i could think of other than that was going back to Blue Night and they wanted me back. I started again three months ago and yesterday, i met Jinki. I explained everything to him and asked for you.

I didn't come back home directly because i fear, i fear that you'd hate me and i was afraid to see that you are now loving someone else.

I missed you so much, Kibum. I regretted missing seven years of Taemin's life. During your pregnancy, i had always dreamed of holding him in my arms and lure him to sleep yet everything was shattered because of a careless driver. I-" i could see the tears flowing down his cheeks as he sob.

Taemin didn't hear a thing he say as he was too busy munching on the ice cream and cookie that came just a few minutes ago.

Then there's me, crying my eyes out and sobbing hard. Thankfully, we are in a private dining room.

"Kibum, i never stopped loving you. Never! Will you let me make out for the seven years i've lost? Will you let me in and be your husband again? Will you let me sleep next to you like we once did?" he continued sobbing hard as he hesitantly reach for my hand which i let him.

"Jonghyun-ah... You don't know how hurt i was, thinking that you'll never return to me. You don't know how hard it was for me to raise our Taemin alone with judging eyes everywhere and you would never know how proud i am to raise Taemin well, the only thing you know is that i mever stopped loving you, pabo!" i cried silently as he stood up and reached me, giving me a gentle kiss on my cheeks.

"May I?" he asked something that i knew the answer to.

"Please" and kiss we did.

Taemin did not mind us at all, not even a look as he was looking at the aquarium in the room.

After a while, we part for breath as i called Taemin to come. "Tae-baby. I want to introduce someone to you." i getured him to come as he whined after saying goodbye to the fishes, making us giggle.

"Taemin, this is Kim Jonghyun, your father. He won't go away again. I won't let him." it's true, i'll tie him up if i have to.

"Appa?" He was dumbstruck but then he sobbed. This kid never cry, seriously! It makes me happy so see him hug Jonghyun like he has always supposed to all these years.

Rhe night ended with Taemin being taken to Jinki hyung's as we went back home, clothes scattered everywhere as out love became one once again.

 

 

 

 

 

Here it is, kids! It took me the whole day xD

Who knows, if you agree, i'll write Jonghyun's side of the story.

Thanks for reading and the subs!

Dont forget to comment and tell me if this story is worthy enough for Jonghyun's side of the story ;)